All Chameleon Smooth Leather Owners - Q's

chloe.chloe

i want them all
O.G.
Jun 10, 2008
Do you own a Chameleon with the smoother calfskin leather? If so, I invite you to please tell me your experiences with the wear of the bag since you've came to own and use it :smile:

I'm looking to add a Chameleon to my closet, and am absolutely head over heels in love with a version of the color blocked with the smoother leather, but I am so afraid - for $2,000 - if it shows scratches and blemishes easily.

I want a bag that's stylish and functional. This wouldn't necessarily be my everyday bag, but I would assume I'll want to use it on occasion into NYC for the day and such. In other words, I don't want to be scared to use it constantly!

Are you having to baby it often? Please upload photos, too, if that will help. My other option would be to get the textured pebbled leather, which would be fine, too. It's beautiful. But I just have my heart set right now on the other.

TIA to all of you, for helping this girl make up her mind! x

I had one and now don't have one. Gorgeous bag - too worried to carry it often with the smooth leather.
Good to know and totally makes sense. Thanks for the info. I was in Nordstrom today and looked at the Chameleon in both smooth and pebbled leather, and I actually prefer the pebbled. The display smooth leather already had lots of visible scratches so I can only imagine what would happen to that bag in real life use. Think I'm going back to buy the pebbled leather version!

Here is a quick shot of my Fendi Chameleon in Black. She is more smooth than pebbled, but there is some small pebble grain on her. Gorgeous bag. I'm amazed at this leather and even more shocked about how light she is. I have a messenger strap for her too.

I'm so glad that Fendi has updated their interior. I love the interior on this bag as well. If I can dig up a pic, I'll post it.

Attachments

• Fendi Chameleon Black with GH.jpg
    Fendi Chameleon Black with GH.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 355
Here is a quick shot of my Fendi Chameleon in Black. She is more smooth than pebbled, but there is some small pebble grain on her. Gorgeous bag. I'm amazed at this leather and even more shocked about how light she is. I have a messenger strap for her too.

I'm so glad that Fendi has updated their interior. I love the interior on this bag as well. If I can dig up a pic, I'll post it.
Love your chameleon! Is yours the larger size? I have the small version and use it all the time!

I have a light lilac colored smooth leather chamelon ...as far as scratches no...ive been wearing he bag for about 3 weeks now...no scratches...and that's without babying it...now as far as color transfer and dirt...i could easily say that Im scared of that since it is very very light color....but so far so good lol...i love this bag and i get tons of compliments...so chic...classic. Sturdy...and well made