**..ALL About Denim Thread..**

buonobi

Aug 29, 2014
Any denim lovers here?

I love jeans but I cannot find a discussion thread recently.. (only old posts)..

What are your favorite brands? or some brands that you don't like~

What is your go-to jeans recently??

and a little information about your body..:cool:

Action Pics are welcome!!

Reactions: jeans&heels
My favorite brands are Mother & J Brand

Mother is vintage and very comfortable...love the washes!! won't scrunch up at knees!!
J Brand is simple and great fit...many cropped choices..!

My Body is 5'4"..petite curvy...slim short legs..booty butnot muscular..
Really addicted to stretchy high rise jeans now!!!

Frame - makes my butt looks flatter (I have booty though but not muscular)..

Paige - Transcend jeans are so comfortable but they always stretched out a lot!!
Stretched 1~2 sizes if they made by RAYON!!

AG - my ex-lover! .. many great washes in low-rise jeans .. But I prefer mid/high rise now.. They don't offer many choices.. And they started to use lyocell instead of cotton..

Hudson - forgot how it feels lol..so I don't think I will buy them again

C/E - a little bit large of thighs..Fling & BF are great & comfortable..

Rag&Bone/Jean - I was thinking to collect some R&B.. I own 1 skinny jeans and they are so snug in legs which I love so much .. makes my legs look long & slimmer.. and the main point is that they don't scrunch up at knees..!
But the waist & hip area are not very comfortable...(my fatty areas) and the middle stitching of back pockets are like cutting butt into parts..(?) I would like to try high rise in the future..

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
Hi fellow denim lover - great idea for a helpful thread! :tup:

My favourite brands are R13, Frame and Rag & Bone followed by J Brand and CE.
For some reason Mother jeans don't work for me ... too soft and stretchy maybe? I might need a bit more strength in my denim and less give these days...? :lol:
I'm 5'4"/163cm with a small frame but I have curvy hips and thighs.

My favourite pair right now (apart from the ever reliable CE flings in white and worn black) are these J Brand Selenas (pic from NAP). I just love them! About to buy another pair. It's summer for me (very hot & humid) so most of my skinny jeans are packed away but the cropped Selenas are wonderfully versatile.

Great thread! I love denim and am always looking for the latest and greatest out there. When I used to work in the software industry (casual dress code), I wore jeans every day and have amassed a huge collection.

My current favourite brands are R13, Rag & Bone, Current/Elliott, and Acne. I usually wear skinny or slim boyfriend styles. Prefer cropped lengths because they end up being ankle length on a shortie like me, no hemming required.

Mother is nice and and soft but the inseam is a little too long for me, so I have only one pair at the moment.

Latest purchase was Rag & Bone straight crop but they're disappointingly wide-legged and not very cropped on me. Good thing they were a super low price, so maybe I'll wear them while gardening. :P

I'm 5'3" and petite.

Straight-Laced -- I'm intrigued by the Selenas and will investigate. But I'm pretty sure I have cropped flares in storage and will see if I can make-do. :biggrin:

Great thread! I love denim and am always looking for the latest and greatest out there. When I used to work in the software industry (casual dress code), I wore jeans every day and have amassed a huge collection.

My current favourite brands are R13, Rag & Bone, Current/Elliott, and Acne. I usually wear skinny or slim boyfriend styles. Prefer cropped lengths because they end up being ankle length on a shortie like me, no hemming required.

Mother is nice and and soft but the inseam is a little too long for me, so I have only one pair at the moment.

Latest purchase was Rag & Bone straight crop but they're disappointingly wide-legged and not very cropped on me. Good thing they were a super low price, so maybe I'll wear them while gardening. :P

I'm 5'3" and petite.

Straight-Laced -- I'm intrigued by the Selenas and will investigate. But I'm pretty sure I have cropped flares in storage and will see if I can make-do. :biggrin:

Hi HiromiT - I thought you might turn up here :biggrin:
'No hemming required' are my favourite jeans!
I'm afraid I've accumulated too many dog walking/gardening jeans that I bought on sale online and weren't worth the cost or trouble of returning - would love to have a 100% success rate this year.
If you don't find a similar pair in your denim archives I think you'll love the J Brand Selena's. They're low to mid rise though, that's my only quibble. But they're great for petites, very flattering because the thigh is cut slim, they dress up really well with a blazer and work with more shoe styles than I'd expected. I bought my second pair today with a voucher from NAP :graucho:

Hi HiromiT - I thought you might turn up here :biggrin:
'No hemming required' are my favourite jeans!
I'm afraid I've accumulated too many dog walking/gardening jeans that I bought on sale online and weren't worth the cost or trouble of returning - would love to have a 100% success rate this year.
If you don't find a similar pair in your denim archives I think you'll love the J Brand Selena's. They're low to mid rise though, that's my only quibble. But they're great for petites, very flattering because the thigh is cut slim, they dress up really well with a blazer and work with more shoe styles than I'd expected. I bought my second pair today with a voucher from NAP :graucho:

Ooh, do you have them in that lovely black wash? Ah, my hibernating cropped flares are also lowish rise, which I now generally avoid. Must test drive before I invest in a new pair. But I love how NAP styled them with loafers...inspo for styling our Gucci loafers. :graucho:

Ooh, do you have them in that lovely black wash? Ah, my hibernating cropped flares are also lowish rise, which I now generally avoid. Must test drive before I invest in a new pair. But I love how NAP styled them with loafers...inspo for styling our Gucci loafers. :graucho:

Yes I already have the faded black wash - I bought the blue denim 'Lonesome' wash today. I'm going to live in them when the weather gets cooler - definitely with Gucci loafers!
What do you think of the styling with boots? Personally I like. Very cool :biggrin:

Yes I already have the faded black wash - I bought the blue denim 'Lonesome' wash today. I'm going to live in them when the weather gets cooler - definitely with Gucci loafers!
What do you think of the styling with boots? Personally I like. Very cool :biggrin:

Excellent choices and, yes, looks super chic with the boots. The nice thing with J Brand and most other brands these days is the clean pockets. I fear my oldies have pocket embroidery (7FAM?) and that's so passé. Here I go trying to justify a pair of Selenas. :whistle: :cool:

My current favorite is AG. I'm short and petite so their Legging Ankle style fits me perfectly in length. I have larger hips and they're not super tight around the waist area. They also retain their shape well.

I used to wear a lot of J Brand. They look great on but are so uncomfortable around my waist. Paige is the same.

My all times favorite are:
- straight leg(the best jeans ever!) Acne Jet and cropped Acne Pop
- CE Fling and boyfriends,
- Chimala straight 100% cotton

I prefer sturdy real denim so that is why JBrand, Mother, AG and R13 are way too flimsy and too stretchy for me.

Wow I cant believe Ive never posted in this thread!
@baxa7 -Im totally with you on that! Ive been wearing AG for years! They are the best fit for my petite frame. However, Ive recently started wearing Rag & Bone and I like the 2 pair That I've purchased so far. Lastly, belive it or not 7 for all mankind really fit me well too. I recently purchased the "skinny boyfriend" cut and they are now one of my favorites!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using PurseForum mobile app

What a great idea for a thread :smile:

I love Paige jeans but sadly have had a couple of pairs fall prey to the major knee saging. Their pocket shape however makes my behind look fabulous so I put up with it.

If anyone knows any alternatives to Paige I would love to know!

Thank you for this thread. I wear jeans 360+ days a year, so denims are essential for me. About 95% of jeans I wear now are skinnies, since I'm student working in a research lab. I tend to wear flats and sneakers which go really well with skinnes.

I like Mother jeans as well. I actually have a pair on right now, the Looker ankle fray.

AGs are my absolute favorite. I own about 15 pairs of Legging/Stevie/Stilt Ankles, and I wear at least 4 different pairs a week. I'm just a tad under 5'4 with short waist, straight hip, long and muscular legs, so the low rise of AG definitely fit me very well. I like the shape of AG back pockets a lot, they're shorter so they do not go below my butt, which look very flattering on. I have been lusting after their distressed AG'ed jeans, maybe a little too much since the last few pairs I bought have been distressed :P

I have a pair of Current Elliot Stiletto and wear them every now and then. I like the inseam length on them but the rise is a little too high for my liking. There's extra room in the hip area that isn't a perfect fit for me.

I have a few pairs of Paige, mainly Skyline Peg Ankle, and a couple of Jane Zip. I agree the rayon content on Paige jeans tend to make them stretch out, but it also makes them feel soft.

I have one pair of Rag Bone capri. Although they are capri, they fall at ankle and I do like the wash. However I don't find the fabric as soft as AG and the price can be a little steep.

I have a couple pairs of J Brand. J Brand is a hit or miss for me. I like the simplicity of their design, like pockets, rivets, buttons, and etc, but their mid rise jeans are also a little too high for my liking.