All About Apple Garde Spray, Conditioner, Care, Steps & Tips for Use

The Apple spray does add some sheen to it. :yes:.

After you use the Apple Lotion & it dries.. don't forget to lightly buff it. I forgot to do that.. and it left a Grey haze on the bag for a few days until I reread the direction on the back.. and buffed the haze off.

Apple Garde... comes w/ the lotion & rain repellent spray. The lotion will moisturize the bag, and protect it somewhat from dirt, water, etc. But the lotion is used more as a moisturizer.

The rain repellent spray.. is used as a protectant from water, dirt, oil, etc. Given from past experience.. if you do obtain the spray.. a little goes a long way.. and it should be sprayed from a 6-10 inch difference. The smell is really strong.

I prefer a few products from LMB (lovinmybags.com) I like there pro-treatment as a protectant & moisturizer at the same time.. and the For handles only.. (when used correctly) & the Silk Serum. I do NOT recommend the Shine Restore. The scent is pretty perfumeee in the beginning but wears off after a week. Good luck~!

Is the reason you don't recommend the Shine Restore just because of the smell, or does it do something unwanted/unexpected to the bags? Thanks!

Really? - I'll just try to order it then. It was just because I emailed Leatherstuff and Leather and Luggage and they both said they couldn't/wouldn't ship to Denmark. But if you didn't have any problems with it, then I'll give it a try....

Ladies, Im buying a second hand part time in like new condition EXCEPT that it looks a bit dry. So I just want to make sure of the process (my first bal:yahoo:)....

I condition first then spray with the stain & water repellent? Do I spray it right after the conditioning or wait a while?

Thanks Ladies!

Since I've heard so many positive things about the AG spray I decided to order it as I want to make my first repellent to stain and rain. Unfortunatly they wont ship AG overseas because of the aerosol. But Kevan (from Luggage & leather) says that the apple leather care will do the same (meaning repel rain and stain). And that the only difference is that I'll have to reapply it every few months.

What is you experience with the apple leather care? -will it do the same as the apple garde spray? I don't want to use it if it darkens the bag or removes the lovely Balenciaga shine on the bag.

If not, what product would you recommend instead?

I believe that Apple Guard is now available in non aerosol. I think it now comes in a pump spray too.

Is the reason you don't recommend the Shine Restore just because of the smell, or does it do something unwanted/unexpected to the bags? Thanks!

It's awful! It left a white film on my ink and I had to clean it off with Apple cleaner, then use Apple conditioner and buff it to get it back to the way it was. I DO NOT like LMB products. Apple products have been around for a LONG time and they have no odor and I have NEVER had a single problem with them. The only LMB product that I use is the one for handles and I can't really say that does any better than the Apple conditioner and Guard.