Alicia Vikander

She looks gorgeous. I really like makeup and hair in every pic. This Vuitton she wore at one of The Danish Girl premieres has the same deep V neckline:
CjVBZe6UUAA77x5.jpg

Variety
In an early flashback in “Submergence,” Wim Wenders’ latest film starring Alicia Vikander and James McAvoy, McAvoy’s James More, a British spy, jogs manfully past Vikander’s Danielle Flinders on a romantic Atlantic beach in France.
He suggests lunch. And that is about the last time in their courtship and seduction that he, a prototype man of action, really makes the moves. It’s Danny who keeps him waiting for lunch, because of her work, moves their table conversation from professional to personal, squeals “chicken!” when she has opened her hotel bedroom door and he doesn’t react, pulls him gracefully into her bedroom; and leads in their foreplay.
That, Vikander said presenting the film at San Sebastian with Wenders, was however par for the course for modern love. “Maybe for a young generation that is reality in the sense that it can be both ways. It’s about personality not gender.”
Another critic also noticed tha one of the interesting aspects of their scenes was the gender dynamic between their characters.

This clip is even better than the trailer,actually. I think they should have released it instead of that teaser on instagram. Alicia has really thrown herself into the role and she looks perfect.
I've read these two comments that I think are particularly spot on:
I really like the energy Alicia seems to be putting into the performance. A tough, cool, no-nonsense character, a blend between the classic and the better parts of the reboot. Good job to the team for being conscious about this.
I enjoy how it doesn't seem to take itself to seriously, it has doses of humor from the classics that the new games severely lack. It needs that dose of humor/non-seriousness because the super serious tone of the TRboot, while in vogue at the time of it's release, really isn't "in" anymore. I did suspect the movie would somehow tie her character into the classic Lara portrayed by Angelina, and the ending proved me right.
I agree that it looks like they've mixed characterization and plots of the two new games with some classic Lara Croft accent. It's probably the best choice because in 2 hours her growth arc would have been quite jarring. When I saw the poster/teaser I thought they were totally into the gritty and self-serious vibe of the reboot games,that in my opinion doesn't work for these movies. The trailer has surely a more light-hearted tone,even if those shots at the end seem out of place tonally. The next trailer should focus more on her vulnerability to set up a different tone. Most people still think she's playing Jolie's Croft.

This is why I hate these types of movies. It's only a trailer but already people are complaining about all sorts of things for a movie that's just about some video game.
Different opinions..:
That Huffington Post article you linked:
the trailer borrows a bit too heavily from the modern series of video games, which follow a young Lara Croft after she gets stranded on a dangerous isle.
The first look at the reboot is practically a shot-for-shot remake of some of the more thrilling moments from the critically acclaimed video game
Metro:
The first trailer for the new Tomb Raider film looks like it’ll be the most accurate video game adaptation ever seen.
Not only are video game movies always awful, but they usually only bear a passing resemblance to the actual game and its plot. Hell, the Doom movie didn’t even feature… Hell.
Butt the first trailer for next year’s new Tomb Raider film looks almost identical to parts of the 2013 reboot
:lol:
Putting aside the sexist BS,even among fans of the franchise,there're people who don't like the rebooted games,people who like the first reboot game or just the second game,someone wants to see an inexperienced Lara Croft,others want a tougher Lara Croft,and so on..:lol:
Uthaug said they've recreated some shots as nods to the games and I guess they've included all these scenes in trailer for marketing reasons (even if they're not complete). I agree that this is just a game adaptation but I think there's a lot of potential for some character development and this is supposed to be about Lara's emotional growth.