Alice + Olivia Sizing Help

Hey guys,

Since everyone was so helpful on the t-bags sizing issue I thought I would ask about Alice + Olivia. I have been looking at some pants of theirs on the shopbop website, but have no idea what size to order since I have never tried on anything from the alice & olivia line. Do they run large, small, tts? I wear a 27 in True Religions. I know those are jeans, but maybe that would give you some idea. I am thinking a size 4, but not sure. I have a little junk in the trunk! hehe, let me know what you think!

Last edited:
I think they run true-to-size. Shopbop.com has a great return/exchange policy. I've tried on their pants, and they fit my size, and I have a dress and I got it in what my size normally is.

Hi

I have been looking at some Alice + Olivia dresses on shopbop but not sure what size to buy - I am usually a UK size 8 and wear 27 in j brand - would appreciate any advice regarding sizing.

Just my opinion, I think the dresses tend to run a little larger. I'm US 4-6 (UK 8-10) and always favor the smaller end of the range, usually size 4 or S in A+O dresses. Hope that helps!

Alice+Olivia runs true to size when compared to contemporary designers, but Alice+Olivia definitely runs small when compared to American brands such as Banana Republic, J.Crew, Ann Taylor, Club Monaco. For example, I wear a size 2/XS in Alice+Olivia, while I wear a size 00/XXS in Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, and Club Monaco. I own two Alice + Olivia dresses and one Alice + Olivia shirt. The sizing is fairly consistent.

Reactions: L etoile
Hi! I wanted to know about the usual fit of the bustier dresses from alice + olivia. I'm a 34B and i'm considering ordering a size 4 bustier dress.. am I on a good path?

Alice+Olivia runs true to size when compared to contemporary designers, but Alice+Olivia definitely runs small when compared to American brands such as Banana Republic, J.Crew, Ann Taylor, Club Monaco. For example, I wear a size 2/XS in Alice+Olivia, while I wear a size 00/XXS in Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, and Club Monaco. I own two Alice + Olivia dresses and one Alice + Olivia shirt. The sizing is fairly consistent.
Respectfully this is a vague answer. Are you in Europe? UK specifically?
This is important to know when we answer each other's questions since on line, everything is unclear unless one knows where one is talking about.
Allow me to be clear about the USA sizing on this brand ALICE +OLIVIA. Have you ladies heard of Postmark yet? Yeah so- a seller is specializing in this brand and selling the pants particularly as a random "SIZE 10" these are NOT a proper US size 10. Thank god I got a steal of a price for them to blow on the experience.
A pair of ALICE + OLIVIA pants showed up and I got into a huge passing match back and forth with the seller because she posted measurements but I didn't bother to think about making sure it said US Size 10 or another country.

NOTE TO ALICE+OLIVIA BUYERS IN USA:YES THEY RUN SMALL ON THEIR ENTIRE LINE!

The sizes listed are not true to US sizes they are 2 to 3 times SMALLER. Case in point the "size 10" pair of bell bottoms I bought are actually a size 4-6max. Not even an 8 definitely not a size 10. SO BEWARE when thrifty shopping on line that you will not get a size that is yours unless you go up in this brand if you are in the USA.

Any other links to Alice + Olivia sizing charts I'm not finding (also called company) no response yet) would be appreciated if someone has them in the translated listing. For example A size 10 (EU/UK) ALICE + OLIVIA is really a size 4/6 in US sizing.

Thanks

This is spot on. I can wear a 0 or 2 in Alice+Olivia and I also wear a 0 or 2 in most other contemporary designers (i.e. Theory, Nanette Lepore, Parker, etc.).