Ali slim flap v. Ali v. Leigh

Birthday gift to myself: Ali, Ali slim, or Leigh?

• Ali Slim in whiskey

• Ali in whiskey

• Leigh in whiskey

Results are only viewable after voting.
No question in my mind I'd pick the Leigh if I were you. I returned two brand new whiskey full-sized Alis after reading on this forum about issues with the leather strap that connects the handle to the bag wearing out prematurely. See Leather Splitting?
Did you know the Leigh is not made that way? It's handle has metal rings connected through the bag through metal grommets. That won't wear out because it's metal against metal!
Besides, I love the feminine look of the Leigh much better than the tom-boyish Ali IMO.

I went ahead and bought the Ali. I really want the Leigh too though! I'm going to save up and maybe that will be my next bag, but in a different color, if I can find it. I can't wait for my Ali. I'm really excited! Thanks for all of the input. I just love this place...

No question in my mind I'd pick the Leigh if I were you. I returned two brand new whiskey full-sized Alis after reading on this forum about issues with the leather strap that connects the handle to the bag wearing out prematurely. See Leather Splitting?
Did you know the Leigh is not made that way? It's handle has metal rings connected through the bag through metal grommets. That won't wear out because it's metal against metal!
Besides, I love the feminine look of the Leigh much better than the tom-boyish Ali IMO.

Funny you should say that, I always think of the Leigh as a feminine bag and the Ali as a more masculine-looking bag! I love it for the classic size, shape and of course that wonderful leather, but I dont know if I think its a "pretty" bag.