Ali Repair Update - Good then Bad....

cc1013

O.G.
Nov 9, 2007
Hi all,
As some of you might remember, I sent in a black leather Ali for repair since the O-rings were splitting. To my surprise, I received a call saying the bag had been repaired. :tup: I was so happy!
Once I received the bag, the O-rings were repaired, but the work was a little sloppy. The black glue-type material that was used for repair had smeared over the brass rings. Luckily, I was able to rub it off with my fingers. When moving my belongings into the bag, I noticed that the legacy lining on the outer pocket was snagged three different spots which wasn't the case when the bag was sent in for repair. After examining further, it looked like the inner pieced of the turnlock (underneath the snagged legacy lining) had broken and a piece of metal was sticking out. That's what was snagging my bag.
So...I sent the bag back in for repair again and received a call on Friday that it could not be repaired. :crybaby:Instead, Coach was sending me a credit for $536. Not bad given that I bought the Ali at the outlet for $216!
Now I need to pick out another bag. I still have a whiskey Ali, so I'm not too devastated, but that black Ali was beautiful. Right now I'm thinking either an Ergo Pleated Satchel (either burnt orange or black) or a large leather Carly (in purple).
Thanks for reading!

hmmmm . . . I could get a lot of credit . . . and nothing to buy! I really do appreciate the update. When I consider the flaw and the time involved to receive a repair, and all the mishaps that could happen, a credit is the best way to go. Have fun with it!

i didn't think coach repaired this problem?? i sent in 2 legacy bags w/ the same problem about 3 weeks ago and no word yet.

have fun spending that credit! i love the ergo satchel!

Wow I am very worried now that i read your repair story. I sent my Whiskey Mandy in for repair for something quite similar. I only had the bag for a year and can count the times I carried the bag. No scuffs or damage to the bag. Quite perfect. I hope mine doesn't have issues. Did they tell you they couldn't replace the Ali?

i didn't think coach repaired this problem?? i sent in 2 legacy bags w/ the same problem about 3 weeks ago and no word yet.

have fun spending that credit! i love the ergo satchel!

I honestly didn't think they would repair it either, but I was initially very happy to get the call that it was repaired. Maybe it all depends on which individual is asked to complete the repair????

Good luck with your repairs! Please update when you receive any information.

Wow I am very worried now that i read your repair story. I sent my Whiskey Mandy in for repair for something quite similar. I only had the bag for a year and can count the times I carried the bag. No scuffs or damage to the bag. Quite perfect. I hope mine doesn't have issues. Did they tell you they couldn't replace the Ali?

In the message, they said that since the bag had been discontinued, it could not be replaced. Good luck with your repair!

hmmmm . . . I could get a lot of credit . . . and nothing to buy! I really do appreciate the update. When I consider the flaw and the time involved to receive a repair, and all the mishaps that could happen, a credit is the best way to go. Have fun with it!

Thanks Entheos! I'm happy to say that I'm still a member of the Ali support group since my whiskey is going strong!

Wow, that's some story! I hope you get something really really good with your credit! Enjoy shopping and find something that will quicken your heart!

Take care,

I sent a whiskey ali in around april (when the pleated ergo's came out) and I received a credit because I was told they couldn't fix my bag. I later won another whiskey ali on eBay because I decided I can live with the leather splitting. It's the best bag ever and really the only thing from coach that has held my interest.