Alhambra MOP necklace

yeehkc

Aug 8, 2009
Hi all ! I recently purchased this necklace and am new to Van Cleef jewelry pieces. I had a sweet Alhambra necklace previously and loved it . Upon looking further in detail at this newly purchased necklace at home, was wondering if any one know if it’s normal for the necklace to look like this? Not sure if the picture does justice, but the pattern of the pearl make it look like it’s dented/ crack on the middle? Is the normal for the necklace to look like this?

C66CD0E5-FD25-48C8-BBE0-D34DDE7E6509.jpeg

I have seen some with this as well. It is just the nature of MOP, but you can certainly find one without it. So like deedeedor mentioned, if you are not completely happy you should exchange it.
Thank you for the advice ! I wasn’t sure if all would be like this or not so was hesitating to go back initially .

You really should ask for more options to see. I saw 3 MOP pendants and choose the one I liked best. If you are still not happy, wait for more to come into the store. You should pick one you are absolutely happy with!
I actually did ask the sales associate to bring out few pendant for me to chose when I was at store after I decided which vintage Alhambra I wanted. I was told “ they are all the same” . I was feeling doubtful, but I really didn’t know for sure so I took her words for it. Ugh wrong choice!

Reactions: surfer
I actually did ask the sales associate to bring out few pendant for me to chose when I was at store after I decided which vintage Alhambra I wanted. I was told “ they are all the same” . I was feeling doubtful, but I really didn’t know for sure so I took her words for it. Ugh wrong choice!

Time to change Sa maybe, cause even not all SA are the same. Mine knows how particular I am about iridescence and colours even on gmop or mop and she will bring out a few for me to choose until I am happy. They definitely aren’t all the same as they are natural materials so each piece is unique and can even have different colour tones- the gold mop holiday pendants for example can look very different. So yes ask her to show you more and wait till you fall in love!