Alexander Wang Kori protector

1. Hi stumbled across this thread and hoping someone can help. The koris were my first designer shoe purchase and I haven’t worn them as yet . Can anyone who owns a pair advise how they’ve held up over time? Did you use a protector / have a cobbler insert soles on the bottom? Any advice is appreciated!

2. Hi Emeri18! Sorry I didn’t see your post earlier...hope you’re enjoying your Koris. Great choice - they are my favourite shoes of all time! I’ve had mine for about 4 years now and have worn them a TON - even walking around Manhattan on vacation for 8 hours solid and they were so comfortable.

I didn’t put a protector on the leather initially but have regularly used a conditioner to touch them up. The leather has held up great.

I also didn’t put soles on initially but have discovered they really are necessary to extend the life of the boots. My main suggestion is to have a cobbler add Blakeys to the heel. Maybe it was my gait but the back of the heel wore down quickly so by the time I took them to a cobbler he had to add almost 1/2 inch to the heel. And the Blakeys are preventing the same thing from happening again.

My Blakeys are metal which creates a tapping sound when I walk but you can get hard plastic ones too.

Hope this helps!

90650381-DB93-4CE4-A2A8-EB30F2D86C91.jpeg

3. I’ve had mine for 3-4ish months and have worn them quite a bit when I first got them in the spring. I didn’t do anything to treat them and they look good. I haven’t had them long enough, but now considering putting leather soles to the bottom as they are a bit slippery.