Alexander Wang for H&M

stacestall

Oct 27, 2013
Good Morning!!! I am super excited for the Alexander Wang for H&M line to come out on November 6! I was wondering if anyone else was excited about this line or would be willing to share their thoughts and/or speculations about it. This is the first collab line I've been really been interested in getting pieces from, but I will admit that I'm scared the quality won't be as great as his regular lines or the prices will be so outrageous I'd rather just spend my money at Nordstrom Rack or TJ Maxx for his line. But disregarding all those "negative Nancy" feelings, I'm still excited :biggrin: The pieces look very comfortable and like great everyday sportswear. What are your thoughts?!

Link with most pictures so far: http://racked.com/archives/2014/09/11/alexander-wang-hm-preview.php

Good Morning!!! I am super excited for the Alexander Wang for H&M line to come out on November 6! I was wondering if anyone else was excited about this line or would be willing to share their thoughts and/or speculations about it. This is the first collab line I've been really been interested in getting pieces from, but I will admit that I'm scared the quality won't be as great as his regular lines or the prices will be so outrageous I'd rather just spend my money at Nordstrom Rack or TJ Maxx for his line. But disregarding all those "negative Nancy" feelings, I'm still excited :biggrin: The pieces look very comfortable and like great everyday sportswear. What are your thoughts?!

Link with most pictures so far: http://racked.com/archives/2014/09/11/alexander-wang-hm-preview.php

Thanks for posting! TBH I don't love the logo stuff but I am still very excited to see the full collection. The grey hooded coat looks insane and I simply must try it on for myself :smile: It's one of those pieces that could be totally bonkers or totally amazing, (I'm hoping "amazing.")

I've been anxiously awaiting the sneak peaks. I wasn't all too pleased by their selection of AW. His style seems urban futuristic sporty to me. Then again, I thought that about the past few collabs, and then have spent months stalking Ebay for good listings.

I was excited but the previews detered me a little bit. I will not be getting any of the wang pieces because thats a funny term to wear right out on your shirt.

I do like the Neoprene Coat and the Cut out blouse. Gotta see it in person and look at the material and shape.

Thanks for posting! TBH I don't love the logo stuff but I am still very excited to see the full collection. The grey hooded coat looks insane and I simply must try it on for myself :smile: It's one of those pieces that could be totally bonkers or totally amazing, (I'm hoping "amazing.")

I'm totally hoping the same, I really like the coat and I think it'd be great to look fashionable but still be cozy in the winter!

I was looking forward to the collab but now I'm not so sure. A lot of the items look neoprene-ish and stiff. I guess I will have to wait and see/touch it in person.

Yea I think the feel and quality of the pieces will be a big determining factor for me bc you can easily go to Nordstrom Rack an get some of his clothing for decent prices too.

I love Alexander Wang, but I think the giant "Wang" labels are gaudy as hell, and I wouldn't line up to see this collab.
I was excited but the previews detered me a little bit. I will not be getting any of the wang pieces because thats a funny term to wear right out on your shirt.

Yea, I don't think I'll be picking up any of the "WANG" pieces...I'm not bold enough to let my "wang" hang out :graucho:;) lol i crack myself up :roflmfao:

I do like the Neoprene Coat and the Cut out blouse. Gotta see it in person and look at the material and shape.

Me too! I think they will be great staple items to wear with plenty of outfits during the fall & winter!

Right now I'm aiming for: the large belt, the neoprene grey coat, the white cut out shirt, and whatever sweatshirt the lady in the last photo has on that looks fitted. I'm wondering what's gonna be the prices for the different pieces bc i think that will be a big determining factor for everything as well as the quality of the items. I hope there will be some purses but at the same time I hope they have a new design or something different from his main line of bags bc it'd be hard to pay the money for one that looks just like the "rocco" but it's not a "rocco", idk maybe it's just me being funny about things like that.

So what do you guys think? Do you think there will be massive lines out for this collection at the stores? Do you think it will sell out online? Also, has anyone tried to buy the collab pieces online when they first come out? I'm wondering if they will be on sale at 12am or a certain time like how the Target Designer collections are staged. Also, do you think the collection will be at all H&Ms? I'm in NC and I hardly see that many ppl with any AW on or any AW bags but I'm sure that it will be just my luck and there will be a line of some sort at the store near me. I'm hoping to shop online whenever the items go onsale and then get up early to go to the store in the AM for any pieces I was unable to get and just check out the feel of the quality of the items. How about you guys?! :biggrin:

Right now I'm aiming for: the large belt, the neoprene grey coat, the white cut out shirt, and whatever sweatshirt the lady in the last photo has on that looks fitted. I'm wondering what's gonna be the prices for the different pieces bc i think that will be a big determining factor for everything as well as the quality of the items. I hope there will be some purses but at the same time I hope they have a new design or something different from his main line of bags bc it'd be hard to pay the money for one that looks just like the "rocco" but it's not a "rocco", idk maybe it's just me being funny about things like that.

So what do you guys think? Do you think there will be massive lines out for this collection at the stores? Do you think it will sell out online? Also, has anyone tried to buy the collab pieces online when they first come out? I'm wondering if they will be on sale at 12am or a certain time like how the Target Designer collections are staged. Also, do you think the collection will be at all H&Ms? I'm in NC and I hardly see that many ppl with any AW on or any AW bags but I'm sure that it will be just my luck and there will be a line of some sort at the store near me. I'm hoping to shop online whenever the items go onsale and then get up early to go to the store in the AM for any pieces I was unable to get and just check out the feel of the quality of the items. How about you guys?! :biggrin:

Um my tip is to read Racked.com because they always give a good tips like calling your local store or if it will be available midnight or early morning the next day. I believe but im not sure, the last collaboration with H&M, Isabel Marant, there was a section of the site available to check your zip code or local store from online to see if they would carry it.

Personally I remember the madness for Isabel Marant x H&M. I ordered it online the hour it was released.

I guess as we go closer to the time the store list and more information on how to shop it will be revealed but from past experience not all h&ms carry it. Hope this helps.

Um my tip is to read Racked.com because they always give a good tips like calling your local store or if it will be available midnight or early morning the next day. I believe but im not sure, the last collaboration with H&M, Isabel Marant, there was a section of the site available to check your zip code or local store from online to see if they would carry it.

Personally I remember the madness for Isabel Marant x H&M. I ordered it online the hour it was released.

I guess as we go closer to the time the store list and more information on how to shop it will be revealed but from past experience not all h&ms carry it. Hope this helps.

Awesome!! thank you for all the great info!! ;)

I do like Alexander Wang's aesthetic in general, but this collaboration is not up my alley. I love neoprene, but I don't like the silhouettes or the huge "WANG" logos going on - wearability is definitely a concern. I was really excited when I read there where was going to be a collaboration too!