Alexander Skarsgård

I haven’t visited an Askars fansite in so long because every time I visit one it seems there is so much negativity…
That said, HOW WONDERFUL Alex is going to be a dad, he has a partner who is on the same level as him, and he just released his major project ❤️ Way to go Alex Too bad he’s leaving America. I do remember reading once though that when said he would have kids he would raise them in Sweden.

Reactions: Marvenna
I haven’t visited an Askars fansite in so long because every time I visit one it seems there is so much negativity…
That said, HOW WONDERFUL Alex is going to be a dad, he has a partner who is on the same level as him, and he just released his major project ❤ Way to go Alex Too bad he’s leaving America. I do remember reading once though that when said he would have kids he would raise them in Sweden.

I mean…you guys remember back when he was with Bos and we were hearing rumors of an epic Viking movie??? This has been a long time in the making

That said, HOW WONDERFUL Alex is going to be a dad, he has a partner who is on the same level as him, and he just released his major project ❤ Way to go Alex Too bad he’s leaving America. I do remember reading once though that when said he would have kids he would raise them in Sweden.
who is his partner?
I did a search and didn't find anything current

can anyone explain how a Swedish man speaks English with no accent?
I think his dialect training over the years has really stuck with him.

New photo shared today (May 12, 2022) of Alex with Stellan, Valter & Eija in Stockholm:

View attachment 5401337

dioramathemovie 3/3 from the Diorama popup ❤

Dialect and speech coaches are a must for accents, even if you're not in acting. Even in the US we've still got such strong regional accents that I know people who went to a speech coach to flatten out their Boston or Southern accents.

Looks like Tuva. It’s not exactly hidden. They just don’t talk about it publicly, which is one of the reasons I personally like them together. They seem to be on the same page about the media’s involvement in their personal lives.
He's with a fellow artistic Swede who is also super private. She's also age-appropriate, which I'm sure must be a surprise for those who kept thinking he'd end up with a 20 something blonde fashioninista.
I think he and Tuva are well matched.

New project announced today (May 13, 2022):

Alexander Skarsgard, Dane DeHaan Starring in ‘The Tiger’ From Ukrainian Director Myroslav Slaboshpytskyi

By Brent Lang

Alexander Skarsgard will star in “The Tiger” as the leader of a group of men tasked with protecting the endangered cats from poachers and loggers.

The actor recently headlined the blood-drenched viking epic “The Northman,” receiving a great deal of attention for his physical transformation into a chiseled Norse avenger. He will team here with Ukrainian filmmaker Myroslav Slaboshpytskyi, who wrote and will direct “The Tiger” based on the book by John Vaillant. Slaboshpytskyi previously directed 2014’s “The Tribe,” a critically-heralded story about a school for the deaf that was done entirely in Ukrainian sign language, with no subtitles.

Dane DeHaan, who played the Green Goblin in “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” and will soon appear in Christopher Nolan’s “Oppenheimer,” is also attached to appear in “The Tiger.” He can currently be seen in Antonio Campos’ endlessly binge-able HBO Max drama “The Staircase.”

Alexander Skarsgard, Dane DeHaan Starring in ‘The Tiger’ From Ukrainian Director Myroslav Slaboshpytskyi

Skarsgard’s credits also include his Emmy-winning work in “Big Little Lies” and his starring role in the box office hit “Godzilla vs. Kong.”

Darren Aronofsky and Protozoa are producing “The Tiger,” along with Plan B and Wild Bunch International. The Veterans will launch sales on the project at the Cannes Film Festival. CAA Media Finance is co-representing North American rights.

Set in snowy far east Russia in the late ’90s and based on a true story, the film follows Vanzin (Skarsgard) as his sense of duty is tested when he’s charged with hunting down and exterminating a tiger that killed a poacher in self-defense. If a deal closes, DeHaan will portray Kanchuga, a young environmental scientist and newest member of the team.

“I am so excited to make this film, and am overwhelmed with admiration towards the team that has rallied behind it. I’ve worked on the story of ‘The Tiger’ for a very long time, and the chance to see it realized is a dream come true,” said Slaboshpytskyi. “Darren is a producer of singular taste and talent, and Alexander and Dane are once-in-a-lifetime stars. I can’t imagine a better or more brilliant group of people as collaborators.”

Skarsgard is represented by CAA and Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, and Richmond; DeHaan is represented by CAA and MGMT Entertainment; Slaboshpytskyi is represented by CAA and Lee Stobby Entertainment; Protozoa is represented by CAA; and Plan B is represented by CAA.

Source: https://variety.com/2022/film/marke...the-tiger-myroslav-slaboshpytskyi-1235266732/

via

Fan pic from The Northman premiere (April 18, 2022, Los Angeles):

Alex-carnivalkid07-1.jpg

carnivalkid07 #AlexanderSkarsgard #JackMcbrayer @thenorthmanfilm #TheNorthMan #TheNorthManFilm #TheNorthManPremiere

Last edited:

By Brent Lang

Alexander Skarsgard will star in “The Tiger” as the leader of a group of men tasked with protecting the endangered cats from poachers and loggers.

The actor recently headlined the blood-drenched viking epic “The Northman,” receiving a great deal of attention for his physical transformation into a chiseled Norse avenger. He will team here with Ukrainian filmmaker Myroslav Slaboshpytskyi, who wrote and will direct “The Tiger” based on the book by John Vaillant. Slaboshpytskyi previously directed 2014’s “The Tribe,” a critically-heralded story about a school for the deaf that was done entirely in Ukrainian sign language, with no subtitles.

Dane DeHaan, who played the Green Goblin in “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” and will soon appear in Christopher Nolan’s “Oppenheimer,” is also attached to appear in “The Tiger.” He can currently be seen in Antonio Campos’ endlessly binge-able HBO Max drama “The Staircase.”

Skarsgard’s credits also include his Emmy-winning work in “Big Little Lies” and his starring role in the box office hit “Godzilla vs. Kong.”

Darren Aronofsky and Protozoa are producing “The Tiger,” along with Plan B and Wild Bunch International. The Veterans will launch sales on the project at the Cannes Film Festival. CAA Media Finance is co-representing North American rights.

Set in snowy far east Russia in the late ’90s and based on a true story, the film follows Vanzin (Skarsgard) as his sense of duty is tested when he’s charged with hunting down and exterminating a tiger that killed a poacher in self-defense. If a deal closes, DeHaan will portray Kanchuga, a young environmental scientist and newest member of the team.

“I am so excited to make this film, and am overwhelmed with admiration towards the team that has rallied behind it. I’ve worked on the story of ‘The Tiger’ for a very long time, and the chance to see it realized is a dream come true,” said Slaboshpytskyi. “Darren is a producer of singular taste and talent, and Alexander and Dane are once-in-a-lifetime stars. I can’t imagine a better or more brilliant group of people as collaborators.”

Skarsgard is represented by CAA and Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, and Richmond; DeHaan is represented by CAA and MGMT Entertainment; Slaboshpytskyi is represented by CAA and Lee Stobby Entertainment; Protozoa is represented by CAA; and Plan B is represented by CAA.

Source: https://variety.com/2022/film/marke...the-tiger-myroslav-slaboshpytskyi-1235266732/

via

View attachment 5402813

carnivalkid07 #AlexanderSkarsgard #JackMcbrayer @thenorthmanfilm #TheNorthMan #TheNorthManFilm #TheNorthManPremiere

Great news! I really like this project, I love true stories about tigers and other animals. And it’s also good to hear that Darren Aronofsky and Plan B are producing. Plan B is Brad Pitt’s production company.

Reactions: Santress and Ludwig
Hello everyone! :wave: This is my first post on here. I've been lurking for a little while.

I'm a big fan of Alexander's work and I'm happy he's booking more acting roles.

I want to mention that on his IMDB page he not only has "The Tiger" in development, but also two other films in development right now. "Fever Heart" and one called "The Vanguard."
I don't believe I've seen anyone mention the latter two on here (I could be mistaken). The latter two have not been formally announced yet. The three new projects don't have details listed yet on imdb, unless you're an IMDBPro member - which I am not.
Luckily, "The Tiger" has been announced to the media. So, we have some details.

I wonder when they'll start filming "The Tiger." Sounds like a cool story. I think Dane DeHaan is an amazing actor as well.

Reactions: Ludwig

By Brent Lang

via

View attachment 5402813

Sounds interesting.
I keep hoping we're going to get a comedy from him, but that just doesn't happen much, does it?

Hello everyone! :wave: This is my first post on here. I've been lurking for a little while.

I want to mention that on his IMDB page he not only has "The Tiger" in development, but also two other films in development right now. "Fever Heart" and one called "The Vanguard."
I don't believe I've seen anyone mention the latter two on here (I could be mistaken). The latter two have not been formally announced yet. The three new projects don't have details listed yet on imdb, unless you're an IMDBPro member - which I am not.

I wonder when they'll start filming "The Tiger." Sounds like a cool story. I think Dane DeHaan is an amazing actor as well.
Welcome!

Many many many films get announced and then never get made. Fever Heart is one of those.

The Vanguard is the Viking story idea he sold some 10 years ago, and it never got made. But he mentions in many of the interviews promoting Northman that working on that with Eggers, some of the kernel of that movie came from Vanguard.

ETA: So we're not going to see Fever Heart and we won't see Vanguard because we got The Northman.

Last edited:

seems to me he's working a Lot. He may not be quite a household name yet but seems to be doing great

Reactions: XxStellaxX
Sounds interesting.
I keep hoping we're going to get a comedy from him, but that just doesn't happen much, does it?

Welcome!

Many many many films get announced and then never get made. Fever Heart is one of those.

The Vanguard is the Viking story idea he sold some 10 years ago, and it never got made. But he mentions in many of the interviews promoting Northman that working on that with Eggers, some of the kernel of that movie came from Vanguard.

ETA: So we're not going to see Fever Heart and we won't see Vanguard because we got The Northman.
Thank you!
That makes sense. I wonder why he keeps those projects listed on his IMDB. If they aren't going to happen or one project became something else, why keep them listed as "in development"? Oh well! I hope he books more projects soon. :smile: Looking forward to "The Tiger."

Last edited:

By Brent Lang

via

View attachment 5402813

This is why I like him so much. He is showing solidarity with Ukrainian artists, without making a show of him doing it which makes his support sincere, rather than about being 'seen' as supportive.

I think that’s how he likes it. Work hard, make good content, live a happy life. The whole “household name” doesn’t seem his style.

I do think he's fine with where he is now, both professionally and personally. He's not a household name, but he still gets a good quality mix of offers: tv, indies, bigger budgets, etc. Plus he still does the occasional ad campaign and fashion show appearance.
He's not hurting for money or offers.
And his personal life seems more than fine

Thank you!
That makes sense. I wonder why he keeps those projects listed on his IMDB. If they aren't going to happen or one project became something else, why keep them listed as "in development"? Oh well! I hope he books more projects soon. :smile: Looking forward to "The Tiger."
Anyone can edit IMBD, so unless someone on his team goes through occasionally and edits out the no longer active projects, they'll stay there.
https://help.imdb.com/article/imdb/...formation-on-imdb-come-from/GGD7NGF5X3ECFKNN#