Alexander Skarsgård

I saw Godzilla vs Kong on Thursday night at a drive-in movie theatre. Here in Canada, most theatres are still closed and it was the safe way for me to watch it on the big screen.

Even with the theatres being mostly closed in Canada and there are many only partially opened theatres in the US, the domestic box office has been great, as you can see from my previous post!

It was worth watching it on the big screen. The CGI is fantastic. I won’t spoil the film but it was fun to see Alex in a tentpole again. And he looks very handsome! He plays a professor/scientist and it’s fun to see him in this type of role.

Hope others get the chance to see this.

100% agree. Godzilla vs Kong was a great movie for a lot of reasons. It was just amazing! And to see Alex in a leading man role that wasn’t violent or abusive (I know he has many, but he was right about this one - it’s a nice break from his harder roles) I JUST LOVED HIM! I won’t spoil it either...just trust me and watch it. Graphics alone make it totally worth it.

Reactions: OHVamp and Santress
I’m glad to see that others have enjoyed Alex and the movie too.

”’Godzilla vs. Kong’ muscled it’s way to a pandemic-era box office record, giving Hollywood studios and theater owners alike hope that people are ready to return to the movies after a year of watching Netflix at home.”

”The tentpole, from Warner Bros. And Legendary Entertainment, generated $32 million over the weekend and $48.5 million in its first five days of release. That exceeded the industry’s expectations and easily marked the biggest debut since coronavirus hit. Prior to this weekend, ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ had the biggest three-day start with $16.7 million followed by ‘Tom and Jerry‘ with $14 million.”

”The results for ‘Godzilla vs. Kong‘ are especially impressive because the film is also available to HBO Max subscribers for no extra fee.”

At the international box office, where ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ opened last weekend, revenues for the monster mashup have surpassed $236 million...bringing the film’s global tally to $285 million.”

I’m glad to see that others have enjoyed Alex and the movie too.

”’Godzilla vs. Kong’ muscled it’s way to a pandemic-era box office record, giving Hollywood studios and theater owners alike hope that people are ready to return to the movies after a year of watching Netflix at home.”

”The tentpole, from Warner Bros. And Legendary Entertainment, generated $32 million over the weekend and $48.5 million in its first five days of release. That exceeded the industry’s expectations and easily marked the biggest debut since coronavirus hit. Prior to this weekend, ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ had the biggest three-day start with $16.7 million followed by ‘Tom and Jerry‘ with $14 million.”

”The results for ‘Godzilla vs. Kong‘ are especially impressive because the film is also available to HBO Max subscribers for no extra fee.”

At the international box office, where ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ opened last weekend, revenues for the monster mashup have surpassed $236 million...bringing the film’s global tally to $285 million.”

It was absolutely amazing and he was so adorable in his role as a geeky scientist.

Reactions: StarrLady
I was able to see it too and it was a fantastic movie! The story is very understandable and easy to follow. A new twist on the ultimate destination of Alex and his group came off as really cool. What a wild ride! :smile: I loved Alex as Dr. Nathan Lind. Of course his character was well done, as were all the others. An awesome film to watch after being cooped up in isolation for so long! Family of mine in another part of the US went to see it too and enjoyed it much. So much, I got a phone call saying so because they knew I am a fan of Alex. Ha ha!

Happy Easter! ❤️

EA-1.png

"….the egg hunt was going well, till all the mommies started chasing the easter bunny."

Source: CanadianBeaversLoveAskars
(x)

EA-2.jpg

"As he focused on getting into character, it occurred to Mr. Skarsgård that four ears, seemed rather more ears, than altogether necessary."

Source: CanadianBeaversLoveAskars
(x)

Another interview:

“There is no doubt that Warner Bros did a stellar job here bringing stateside audiences back to the cinema with Godzilla vs. Kong at a time when the pandemic was casting a shadow over movie-going. It’s also a great box office feat by Warners considering that only 55% of the U.S.-Canada exhibition market is in operation.”

”Previous data from Samba shows that the fourthquel‘s audience was larger than previous HBO Max movies for the first four days....its data on Godzilla vs. Kong supports the claim made Sunday by WarnerMedia Direct-to-Consumer EVP and General Manager Andy Forsell that the movie ‘had a larger viewing audience than any other film or show on HBO Max since launch.’”

Some oldies but goodies shared today (April 6, 2021):

Alex-surya_bueno-1.jpg

surya_bueno Good gossip. The dear and friendly # AlexanderSkarsgård during the photocall offered me help with carrying my backpack and the tripod of my camera. Lady do you want some help? I have never been without action in my life. I just said "No thanks". And he even took a photo with the fans even in front of the Unique Hotel.

Alex-surya_bueno-2.jpg

surya_bueno Another wonderful photo from # AlexanderSkarsgård. A lord

Alex-EdenRistow-1.jpg

Today’s selfie....... Alexander Skarsgard Flag of United KingdomSmiling face with open mouth

Some oldies but goodies shared today (April 6, 2021):

View attachment 5047248

surya_bueno Good gossip. The dear and friendly # AlexanderSkarsgård during the photocall offered me help with carrying my backpack and the tripod of my camera. Lady do you want some help? I have never been without action in my life. I just said "No thanks". And he even took a photo with the fans even in front of the Unique Hotel.

View attachment 5047249

surya_bueno Another wonderful photo from # AlexanderSkarsgård. A lord

View attachment 5047252

Today’s selfie....... Alexander Skarsgard Flag of United KingdomSmiling face with open mouth

Eden Ristow (Film Oracle)

No one is able to get ‘new’ pics thanks to the Pandemic. That was taken Sept 2019

Reactions: Santress
A few promo stills and a bts pic in this new article shared this evening about the G vs. K costume design (April 7, 2021):

Alex-Varuety-1.jpgAlex-Varuety-2.jpgAlex-Varuety-3.jpg

‘Godzilla vs. Kong’: How ’80s Movies and ‘Skull Island’ Influenced the Costume Design

By Jazz Tangca

What did you want to do with Alexander Skarsgård and his character?

He was so much fun and we had such a great time because he brought some really fun ideas to the table. We started conceptualizing the character and Alex wanted to do something a little different; he wanted to have a little bit more fun.

He came up with the idea of having his character be this fan of ‘80s movies so we paid homage to “Lethal Weapon” and “Back to the Future.”

His vest is very much inspired by Marty McFly. I bought the base and we modified it. We aged it down because I wanted it to feel like he had had it since the ‘80s. Even with his sneakers, Adidas was kind enough to work with us on those high-top sneakers and track them down.

Source:

Promos shared yesterday (April 8, 2021):

A iittle bit of Alex in this clip:

godzillavskong The ultimate showdown has arrived. #GodzillaVsKong is now playing in theaters and streaming exclusively on @HBOMax*. Get tickets: Link in bio.

*Available on @HBOMax in the US only at no extra cost to subscribers, for a limited time.

More interviews:

El actor Alexander Skarsgard y su personaje en #GodzillavsKong | #InsideWarner
Warner Channel Latam

Godzilla Vs Kong Alexander Skarsgard Open End Interview
Skewed and Reviewed Gareth Von Kallenbach

BTS photo shared today (April 10, 2021):

Alex-lk.jpg

lkstyles Since you didn’t get a good look at the mission suits in the movie, here it is! Alex makes it look good too. Designed by @ann.foley and made by @ironhead_studio @godzillavskong @legendary #godzillavskong #makingmovies #alexanderskarsgard #costumedesign @cdglocal892

+ An oldie but goodie shared today:

Alex-terifying.g.jpg

terifying.g In honor of King Kong vs Godzilla. I remind myself and the world I met this gentle giant 5 years ago. #skarsgård #alexanderskarsgård #kingkongvsgodzilla #trueblood #tarzan #biglittlelies #mtvmovieawards

04/11 ETA:

Another oldie but goodie:

Alex-lilliewalden.jpg

Last edited:
“‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ stormed to the top of the domestic box office, picking up $13.4 million in its second weekend of release. That brings the monster mashup’s stateside haul to $69.5 million, an impressive gross considering it comes in the midst of a global pandemic. The Legendary and Warner Bros. release’s robust commercial performance has been all the more notable because it comes as COVID restrictions are in place, limiting capacity in theaters, and also as the film is available on HBO Max.”