Alexander Skarsgård

More from last night (2024 MET Gala, May 6, 2024, New York):

Alex-MG-24.jpg Alex-MG-25.jpg Alex-MG-26.jpg Alex-MG-27.jpg

Source: Getty

Alex-CalvinKlein-Twitter-MetGala2024-1.jpg

designed in New York, made in New York. a closer look at Alexander Skarsgård’s bespoke #MetGala look, created over 504 hours.

Also found here:

Alex-CalvinKlein-2.jpg Alex-CalvinKlein-3.jpg Alex-CalvinKlein-4.jpg

calvinklein Understated is the ultimate statement. Alexander Skarsgård wears a black double-breasted suit made from Italian wool.

An optic white organic Italian cotton shirt is punctuated with a silk grosgrain bow tie.

This bespoke #MetGala look was created by our Atelier in New York City.

Jon Batiste Broke Out Into Song at Cartier’s Ultra-Elegant Met Gala 2024 After-Party

BY IAN MALONE

May 7, 2024

No one provides sparkle quite like Cartier—especially at the Met Gala. The legendary Parisian Maison has a long history in New York City. Pierre Cartier, grandson of founder Francois, established the brand in New York while his brother took the family business to London. By 1917, American operations were based in 653 Fifth Avenue, the splendid Gilded Age mansion that remains one of the most recognizable and revered examples of Neo-Renaissance architecture in the country. Since then, the house has dressed national icons, including Andy Warhol, Muhammad Ali, Jacqueline "Jackie" Lee Kennedy Onassis, and Elizabeth Taylor.

Unsurprisingly, given its cultural pedigree, the brand counts Sofia Coppola, a film director who has helped shape contemporary American cinema, among its fans and friends. Last night, Coppola hosted a glittering party at Bemelmans Bar following the annual Costume Institute Gala. Nestled in the iconic Carlyle Hotel, the gold murals and plush banquettes recall Coppola’s famously decadent, claustrophobic sets. A star-studded cast—Alexander Skarsgård, Demi Moore, Jude Law, Meg Ryan, among them—came to revel in the festivities.

Alex-Vogue-2.jpg

Source: https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/cartier-met-gala-2024-after-party

via

Alexander Skarsgård Wearing A Hublot Classic Fusion Racing Grey Chronograph Titanium 42 mm

Alex-Hodinkee-1.jpg

Source: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-watches-and-fashion-of-met-gala-2024

Last edited:
A few videos & more pics from Monday (May 6, 2024, NY):

handmade in New York City. Alexander Skarsgård wore a bespoke Calvin Klein look to the 2024 #MetGala.

gq Alexander Skarsgård gives us a wink in his “emotional support” tuxedo. At the link in bio, the Swedish actor tells us how he keeps his cool during stressful events like the #metgala

Alex-Met2024-BFA-1.jpg Alex-Met2024-BFA-2.jpg Alex-Met2024-BFA-3.jpg Alex-Met2024-BFA-4.jpg Alex-Met2024-BFA-5.jpg Alex-Met2024-BFA-6.jpg

Source: BFA

Alex-voguescandinavia-met2024-1.jpg Alex-voguescandinavia-met2024-2.jpg

Alexander Skarsgård wore custom Calvin Klein to reunite with the men of 'Succession' at the Met Gala 2024
By Vogue
May 7, 2024

It's been over a decade since Skarsgård, always in a go-to sharp black tux, made his first Met Gala appearance

Also in attendance? One Alexander Skarsgård, in a sharp black tux, who made his first Met Gala appearance over a decade ago, way back in 2013.

Source: https://www.voguescandinavia.com/articles/alexander-skarsgard-calvin-klein-met-gala-2024-succession

Alex-vsteves-1.jpg

vsteves #alexanderskarsgard & @taliaryder for @calvinklein @metgala

photographer: @vsteves
photo assist: @isaacschell.studio
digi tech: @aircreativex
set design: @gracehartnett__
retouching: @abbyharrisonrt @mollyzacher

production: @onethirtyeightproductions
producer: @weiliwang83
production coordinator: @dangflemin
key pa: @joeholla

The incomparable CK Team:
@martindiegor
@lisheric
@patriciajeannevangessel
@dustindgrant

#metgala #calvinklein #fashion #alexanderskarsgard #taliaryder

Last edited:
New project announced today (May 8, 2024):

Harry Melling to Play Alexander Skarsgard’s Submissive in Kinky Queer Romance ‘Pillion’ from Element Pictures, Cornerstone Launching in Cannes

Alexander Skarsgard (“The Northman,” “Succession”) and Harry Melling (“The Pale Blue Eye,” “The Queen’s Gambit”) are set to lead the cast of “Pillion,” described as a “fun and filthy romance with heart” and being produced by multi-Oscar-winning powerhouse Element Pictures.

The film — to be launched in Cannes by Cornerstone, which is handling worldwide sales — marks the feature debut of Harry Lighton, whose short “Wren Boys” was nominated for best British short at the 2018 BAFTAs, was nominated for a BIFA and had its U.S. premiere at the Sundance Film Festival.

“Pillion” follows Colin (Melling), a weedy wallflower letting life pass him by. That is until Ray (Skarsgård), the impossibly handsome leader of a motorbike club, takes him on as his submissive. Ray uproots Colin from his dreary suburban life, introducing him to a community of kinky, queer bikers and taking all sorts of virginities along the way. But as Colin steps deeper into Ray’s world of rules and mysteries, he begins to question whether the life of a 24/7 submissive is for him. Has he found his calling, or simply swapped one form of suffocation for another?

Source: https://variety.com/2024/film/globa...on-element-pictures-harry-lighton-1235995775/

via

Pic from Monday's afterparty (May 6, 2024, NY):

MET GALA
Inside the Mulberry's Second-Annual Post-Met Gala Bash

Alex-Vogue-MetGala2024-1.jpg
Photo: Myles Hendrik

Met Gala after-parties range from the most chic uptown soirees to the most debauched downtown gatherings. The Mulberry's wild after-party, which raged into the wee hours of Tuesday morning, certainly fell into the latter category. Since its opening last year, Mulberry has hosted some of the buzziest events in Manhattan. The unassuming entrance hides a watering hole beloved by celebrities and tastemakers alike.

Inside the moody speakeasy, music pumped through the speakers. The energy soared as cocktails circulated the wood-paneled room and McDonald’s fries offered sustenance. Stars, freshly changed from their dramatic looks earlier in the evening, swapped stories of the grand affair.

Inside, Rita Ora hung with Burberry's Daniel Lee (fresh from the after-party he hosted uptown at The Mark Hotel). Also, there was Jodie Turner-Smith, Baz Lurhmann (a fixture at most every post-gala fete on Monday), Alexander Skarsgård, and Chris Hemsworth (a co-chair of the Met Gala). By the time Hemsworth arrived, he was a bit camera-shy, given the late hour. A true sign of a successful party? Scant photos.

Source: https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/met-gala-2024-after-party-the-mulberry

New project shared today (June 12, 2024):

From renting solar panels to chocolate without cocoa. Today, the first episode of the How We Fix This podcast is released, where Alexander Skarsgård dives deep into 8 start-ups from around the world that have all worked to develop concrete solutions to the climate crisis. The podcast is made as a collaboration between Spotify and
@norrsken_org

Articles about the podcast:

Hollywood star Alexander Skarsgård is Spotify’s new voice of conscious capitalism—here’s why Sweden is the world leader

Alex-Yahoo-1.jpg

Ryan Hogg
Wed, Jun 12, 2024

Alexander Skarsgård cuts a conflicted figure on the screen. He’s famously portrayed an abusive partner and a psychotic tech billionaire, all with an intensity that would have the world’s most notorious CEOs quaking in their boots.

So it’s no surprise he’s now being cast as the perfect foil to the conflicted world of investing, where the needs of the investor often clash with the needs of the planet. Skarsgård is launching How We Fix This, a new podcast that seeks to highlight some of the world’s most exciting, planet-saving ventures and give listeners fresh access to climate change-fighting role models.

'A complete, profound feeling of emptiness'
Skarsgård is hosting and narrating the new podcast series developed alongside impact-driven non-profit foundation Norrsken, started in 2016 by Klarna co-founder Niklas Adalberth...

...The podcast is intended to increase the pool of “role models” for students and graduates poised to help change the world, according to Adalberth.

The Klarna co-founder thinks a breadth of national role models, including Northvolt co-founder Peter Carlsson, is one of the reasons that Sweden excels in winning impact funding.

To raise the profile of impact-based business, Adalberth needed a familiar face to get his message across. Naturally, he turned to fellow countryman Skarsgård.

The Swede-American caught Adalberth’s attention last year when he voiced a short documentary on the financial value of nature.

The actor gave a playful, expletive-filled voiceover to highlight Oxford University research into the tradeoff between GDP and environmental damage. Playing dumb, Skarsgård told his audience then that he would dilute the research “to something even a Hollywood actor could understand.”

Once again, Skarsgård’s role is to be the accessible voice who brings Norrsken’s stories to life.

“This movement needs to happen, it’s not only about capital. It's also a cultural enlightenment that needs to happen. And I think Alexander, with his platform and ability to tell stories, that he is using that to do maximum good with this initiative.” Adalberth says.

Sweden—a global leader in impact
Skarsgård and Adalberth are teaming up with another Swedish tech giant, Spotify, to exclusively publish their podcast.

The Swedes have a strong track record of breeding globally successful companies, such as Spotify, Klarna, and clothes retailer H&M. That entrepreneurial spirit is perhaps paradoxical to Swedish culture and the “law of jante,” which often prevents people from bragging about their successes.

Skarsgård sees why that could be a disadvantage in the business world.

“My observation as a Swedish-American, and I’m obviously generalizing here, is that Americans have a real talent for storytelling and big ideas. Swedes tend to be drawn to the more humble and understated, bordering on self-deprecation,” Skarsgård told Fortune.

But Adalberth and Norrsken’s CCO Daniel Goldberg think that modesty for personal success might be why Sweden is so far ahead of its peers in impact investing.

Sweden gobbles up a huge share of sustainable investing dollars, with 38 times as many impact startups as the world average, according to Adalberth. Where the country might lack in self-promotion, it might gain in a social conscience.

“How we define success, what that does to the overall standards and systems, I think that is something that is maybe more debated, perhaps in Europe and especially Sweden. I think that's where we also see this next generation of startups, perhaps more than the US.”

“Humility or not, the key is probably to have conviction and a strong confidence in yourself and what you’re trying to sell,” Skarsgård says.

Stranger than fiction
Skarsgård has tackled a lot of roles in his time on the screen, most taking advantage of his physicality like Tarzan and the Viking prince Amleth in The Northman or as an abusive husband in Big Little Lies.

But it’s Lukas Matsson, the antagonistic GoJo CEO from HBO’s Emmy-winning series Succession, for which he may be best remembered. It’s hard for any Succession fan not to be drawn into the parallels as Skarsgård wades into the venture capital space.

After playing Matsson for two years, Skarsgård still doesn’t know what drives the character, who seemingly had no boundaries as he ventured into a hostile takeover of the media group Waystar Royco.

He views Matsson more as an adrenaline junkie motivated by a challenge, rather than someone driven purely by greed. So asked whether he found himself comparing Matsson to the “impact-driven” founders on his podcast series, Skarsgård had a nuanced response.

“The world would probably be a better place with less people like Lukas Matsson and more people like the founders on How We Fix This,” he says.

“But then again, tell a guy like Lukas Matsson there’s no way he can restore all the coral reefs in our oceans.”

This story was originally featured on Fortune.com

Source: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hollywood-star-alexander-skarsg-rd-060000776.html

via

Hollywood star Alexander Skarsgård is Spotify’s new voice of conscious capitalism—here’s why Sweden is the world leader

Alex-Fortune-1.jpg

Source: https://fortune.com/europe/2024/06/...pitalismheres-why-sweden-is-the-world-leader/

Centre science featured in new Spotify podcast hosted by Alexander Skarsgård

Alex-stockholmresilience-1.jpg

“How We Fix This”, a new podcast series from Spotify and Norrsken, delves into concrete solutions to some of the world's most pressing sustainability issues. It is hosted by Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning actor Alexander Skarsgård and features several Centre researchers.

The world is in urgent need of transformations towards sustainability. In the podcast How We Fix This, Alexander Skarsgård meets a range of pioneering startups, whose innovations offer hope and solutions to some of the world's most pressing social and environmental challenges.

Throughout the series, experts from among others Centre provide insights on innovative approaches. Each episode delves into a new global challenge, and in one of eight startups.

“It’s so important that we don’t get stuck in doom and gloom. Working with this podcast has been a reminder for me that there are promising initiatives out there that address pressing negative social and environmental impacts,” says Centre researcher Anne Charlotte Bunge.

In the podcast, she is talking about food innovations in the production and consumption of cocoa which is linked to high environmental and socio-economic burdens. Other Centre researchers that are featured are Max Troell and Peter Søgaard Jørgensen.

“This podcast series not only focuses on solutions but also helps us reflect on how innovation, start-ups, and their ecosystems can drive systemic change and transformations toward more just and sustainable futures,” says Centre researcher Per Olsson, who has been part of designing the project.

The podcast series is a collaboration between Spotify and Norrsken, an impact hub on sustainability, and is informed by Centre science. It aims to inspire recent graduates, aspiring entrepreneurs and business people who are passionate about technology, innovation and environmental sustainability.

"This project has opened my eyes to all the people out there who are building innovative, impressive and just plain cool solutions to the world's biggest challenges. I can go so far as to say that I have never felt so smart and stupid at the at the same time, and I look forward to sharing the stories with a global audience,” said Alexander Skarsgård.

Source: https://www.stockholmresilience.org...fy-podcast-hosted-by-alexander-skarsgard.html

via

Last edited:
Promo pics shared today (June 13, 2024):

Alex-photographer_magnus_ragnvid-1.jpg Alex-photographer_magnus_ragnvid-2.jpg

photographer_magnus_ragnvid Had the true honour of capturing Hollywood actor #AlexanderSkarsgård for @norrskenfoundation and @spotify @spotifysweden and the new podcast ”How We Fix This” #howwefixthis

Client @norrskenfoundation / @spotify / @spotifysweden
Project manager @lillemagi
Retouch @senjorstudio / @cabbe23
Stylist @okzastyling
Grooming @julieproedel

New interview shared today (June 16, 2024):

Succession’s Alexander Skarsgard on his eco podcast (and his hypocrisy)

The Swedish actor turned podcaster is championing companies with solutions to the planet’s crisis — without ignoring his own air travel and meat eating

He is best known as the Swedish billionaire hunk from Succession but he hopes to become the man who helped to save the world.

Alexander Skarsgard, who played the suave but strange tech tycoon Lukas Matsson in the HBO series, has launched an eco podcast, How We Fix This.

Launched last week with the non-profit organisation Norrsken, which invests in eco-friendly inventors, it will feature eight start-ups that are working on innovations where the planet needs them most.

“I’m far from a scientist,” said Skarsgard, 47 — who describes himself as “a mediocre actor with a slightly below average IQ” — “but I’m worried about the climate and want to spotlight people who can make a difference.”

He recalled almost knocking over one of those people, the green campaigner Greta Thunberg, as he cycled past an environmental protest in Stockholm, where they were both born.

“I’ve no idea if Greta will approve of this podcast,” he said. “But I’m glad I didn’t run her over on my bike — her dying that day would have been bad for the environment and even worse for my image.”

Among the businesses featured in How We Fix This are Planet A Foods from Germany, which is making chocolate from a more sustainable alternative to cocoa; SunFi in Nigeria, which aims to help more households access solar power; and Neoplants in France, which bioengineers plants to absorb pollution.

As for which of them the mercurial Matsson might choose to back, the actor opted for Sweden’s own Volta Greentech, whose seaweed supplement aims to cut methane emissions in cattle — “not because it’s the safest return of investment but because [Lukas] would be intrigued to see a cow burp seaweed”.

Skarsgard said he began to worry about the next generation last year after becoming a father for the first time with his partner, the Swedish actress Tuva Novotny.

Skarsgard, who has appeared in Zoolander, The Legend of Tarzan and the vampire series True Blood, said: “According to the good people at the Stockholm Resilience Centre, who we worked with for this podcast, humanity is currently transgressing six out of nine planetary boundaries. This means Earth is outside what scientists call a ‘safe operating space for humanity’. I think that’s worth taking seriously. It’s fair to say our planet has got some serious issues.”

He added, however, that making the podcast has made him more hopeful. “Climate change, pollution, poverty and rising energy consumption are huge, complex challenges — it’s easy to end up feeling that we are heading towards an inevitable apocalypse.

“But people are out there building things with a potential to make a real difference. I’m not saying that these companies will solve everything. In fact, a lot of them will fail. But if anyone deserves to be featured in a podcast, it’s them.”

Acknowledging the accusations of double standards that might be levelled at a famous actor who flies around the world for work, he said: “I don’t consider myself an A-lister, but I’m definitely at risk of being called a hypocrite. I host a podcast about climate change but I also still eat meat and travel by air far more than the average person. Life is a slow crawl out of the deep swamp of hypocrisy.”

Source: https://www.thetimes.com/article/b5...e?shareToken=ff90abf11e7d7de146ffe05c1d6ea136

via

New interview shared today (June 16, 2024):

Succession’s Alexander Skarsgard on his eco podcast (and his hypocrisy)

The Swedish actor turned podcaster is championing companies with solutions to the planet’s crisis — without ignoring his own air travel and meat eating

He is best known as the Swedish billionaire hunk from Succession but he hopes to become the man who helped to save the world.

Alexander Skarsgard, who played the suave but strange tech tycoon Lukas Matsson in the HBO series, has launched an eco podcast, How We Fix This.

Launched last week with the non-profit organisation Norrsken, which invests in eco-friendly inventors, it will feature eight start-ups that are working on innovations where the planet needs them most.

“I’m far from a scientist,” said Skarsgard, 47 — who describes himself as “a mediocre actor with a slightly below average IQ” — “but I’m worried about the climate and want to spotlight people who can make a difference.”

He recalled almost knocking over one of those people, the green campaigner Greta Thunberg, as he cycled past an environmental protest in Stockholm, where they were both born.

“I’ve no idea if Greta will approve of this podcast,” he said. “But I’m glad I didn’t run her over on my bike — her dying that day would have been bad for the environment and even worse for my image.”

Among the businesses featured in How We Fix This are Planet A Foods from Germany, which is making chocolate from a more sustainable alternative to cocoa; SunFi in Nigeria, which aims to help more households access solar power; and Neoplants in France, which bioengineers plants to absorb pollution.

As for which of them the mercurial Matsson might choose to back, the actor opted for Sweden’s own Volta Greentech, whose seaweed supplement aims to cut methane emissions in cattle — “not because it’s the safest return of investment but because [Lukas] would be intrigued to see a cow burp seaweed”.

Skarsgard said he began to worry about the next generation last year after becoming a father for the first time with his partner, the Swedish actress Tuva Novotny.

Skarsgard, who has appeared in Zoolander, The Legend of Tarzan and the vampire series True Blood, said: “According to the good people at the Stockholm Resilience Centre, who we worked with for this podcast, humanity is currently transgressing six out of nine planetary boundaries. This means Earth is outside what scientists call a ‘safe operating space for humanity’. I think that’s worth taking seriously. It’s fair to say our planet has got some serious issues.”

He added, however, that making the podcast has made him more hopeful. “Climate change, pollution, poverty and rising energy consumption are huge, complex challenges — it’s easy to end up feeling that we are heading towards an inevitable apocalypse.

“But people are out there building things with a potential to make a real difference. I’m not saying that these companies will solve everything. In fact, a lot of them will fail. But if anyone deserves to be featured in a podcast, it’s them.”

Acknowledging the accusations of double standards that might be levelled at a famous actor who flies around the world for work, he said: “I don’t consider myself an A-lister, but I’m definitely at risk of being called a hypocrite. I host a podcast about climate change but I also still eat meat and travel by air far more than the average person. Life is a slow crawl out of the deep swamp of hypocrisy.”

Source: https://www.thetimes.com/article/b5...e?shareToken=ff90abf11e7d7de146ffe05c1d6ea136

via

I can relate....I love animals yet I eat meat