Alexander Skarsgård

Emmys 2017 Acceptance Speeches: Were Certain Winners Cut Off Too Soon? Analyzing the Numbers
Sterling K. Brown called out the producers for playing him off, but you'd be surprised how short some of this year's acceptance speeches were — or how long they could be...
Sometimes acceptance speeches can feel like they last an eternity — even when the show’s producers attempt to cut them off early — and other times, the winners are so boisterous that it would be fine if they went on forever. But here’s the truth: Acceptance speeches are rarely as long as you might think. Here’s a look at the length of some of this year’s thank yous.

Alexander Skarsgard, “Big Little Lies,” Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series: 37 seconds
Notable for being the shortest of the night, while also quite charming. He could have stayed on the stage a little longer.

Jean-Marc Vallee, “Big Little Lies,” Outstanding Directing for a Limited Series: 1 minute, 2 seconds
The “Big Little Lies” director also got played off — though in one of the night’s more surreal moments, the music of choice wasn’t a song from the HBO limited series, but a blast of “9 to 5,” which they must have had cued up because Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin and Dolly Parton were set to present next.

Laura Dern, “Big Little Lies,” Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series: 1 minute, 21 seconds
Here’s about the mark where these speeches started feeling pretty lengthy. But it was Dern’s first Emmys win, and thus a big moment for her.
“Big Little Lies,” Outstanding Limited Series: 1 minute, 35 seconds
Both stars Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman accepted this award, and repeated comments they’ve made previously about the need for more roles for women. This followed Kidman’s win for Best Actress, which will make an appearance far further down this list.

And here’s where it gets interesting. When Brown got played off the stage, he tried to fight it — but his speech still ended up being the second longest of the night. (Brown was given the chance to finish his speech in front of reporters in the Emmy press room.) However, the longest speech was…
Nicole Kidman, “Big Little Lies,” Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series: 2 minutes, 45 seconds
…And the producers never even hinted at playing the music — perhaps because of her stature as an actress, and because she devoted a fair portion of her time on screen to discussing the issue of domestic abuse.

What do we learn from all this? That most acceptance speeches aren’t really as long as they might seem, and that you can never tell who might choose to grab that mike and not let it go.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/emmys-2017-acceptance-speeches-longest-shortest-nicole-kidman-1201878069/

Ah, I'll have to try the Cafe link later, having internet/browser issue both at home and work (where I'm working!) and couldn't get the page to load properly so I could Google translate what the box was for.
Not sure Bill was in the position to get backend deals on this, though he may be able to get some for the 2nd movie. Though backend deals can be very tricky, because of Hollywood accounting practices.
As for what Alex asks for for studio movies, when he does them, I've wondered about that. I'm sure he got a nice salary from Tarzan, but that was a big budget studio movie. The Aftermath also a studio movie, but much smaller budget. And now he's an Emmy winner. Not a 'big' award, but it still gets to be used in marketing. But, he's still not a box office draw in that way. And Mute and HTD can be considered studio movies as well. And how much did he get paid for BLL?
Try again later when your browser is working.

With an emmy, he will get better TV offers where he can demand more money and more screen time. That will be great. He isnt a box office draw so he shines in indies and small budget studio movies which is what he has been doing.

I was looking through IG today and saw a fan pic with a caption saying next stop golden globes. It didnt even occur to me that BLL has a very good chance of being nominated at the globes. Hopefully more red carpet and more awards in January! If he is nominated for or even wins a golden globe, he will be more noticed by movie people too

I only jokinkly wrote that because he was in Madrid shooting The Kill Team just before he came to LA. So if she was a date maybe he met her in Spain and brought her there.
I actually mentioned her dark hair and eyes as the reason why i thought she didnt look like Caroline because i thought Caroline was blonde with blue eyes. But the way i wrote it may seem that way. But thats what i was thinking. So i wasn't thinking about a Spanish look at all. :smile: But now that you mentioned it I have been to Spain many times, i love it there, and have worked with a lot of Spanish people. The women are very beautiful and the men very attractive. Lucky you :smile:

I just was genuinely confused because we all look so different. LoL it is a beautiful country. I haven't lived there since I was little so I only go to see family. I am glad you had the chance to see it.

I love the kiss. It's funny that it's getting such a reaction. It's super brief and looks much more intense in photos and slow-mo video than it actually is.

More fan photos from the Emmy's (September 17, 2017, Los Angeles):

21827889_104671846920911_790393215051104256_n.jpg

#gustafskarsgard #emmys #la #hbo #afterparty #vikings #usa #amazing #actor #talent #losangeles #california #usa #barryking #summer #party #citizenoftheworld #peace #love

21690608_1939723096304799_2113812637702684672_n.jpg

#alexanderskarsgard #actor #emmys #hbo #afterparty #biglittlelies #amazing #talent #kind #class #losangeles #usa #california #barryking #love #summer #emmywinner #la #citizenoftheworld #peace

21819758_285813705158518_8604337249431060480_n.jpg

#alexanderskarsgard #mom #emmys #hbo #afterparty #la #biglittlelies #emmywinner #actor #kind #talent #class #citizenoftheworld #peace #love #barryking #summer

-barrykingla instagram

21827406_669785986563902_4854931336617525248_n.jpg

Congrats to #alexanderskarsgard on his big Emmy win last night. He was great on #biglittlelies

-mayraaltyra instagram

21819614_173195023251190_9056260275321176064_n.jpg

Making mom proud! Alexander Skarsgård celebrates his first #Emmys win with his mother My Skarsgård at the HBO party (Photo by Chelsea Lauren/Variety/REX/@ShutterstockNow)

-variety instagram

21820062_1502731896483010_569714685826301952_n.jpg

What. A. Night. #emmys2017

-zbest instagram

Winner for Outstanding Limited Series: #BigLittleLies @HBO!! Congratulations! #Emmys

DJ-Yt57UIAAsPra.jpg

https://twitter.com/TelevisionAcad/status/909613719038042112

Alexander Skarsgård musooo!!! #TapeteVermelhoE #EMMY2017

DJ9ol2-W4AAJemg.jpg

https://twitter.com/eonlinebrasil/status/909560820492898305

I love how Proud My looked. Gustaf's gf is gorgeous.

I think everyone has a type. Even if they say they don't they have some sort of a type. Whether it be a personality trait, a hair color, smile etc. there is something they have in common. I don't think Alex's type is an age thing I think it is more of a personality thing? He seems to go for the quirky, outgoing independent types. I think Kate was the only blonde he dated so I would also say what someone else said about liking brunettes? There isn't anything wrong with having a type. Oddly enough Alex isn't my type. I usually like average height, dark hair, dark eyes who are kind of muscular with a bit of facial hair who has a bit of a cocky attitude. However I really like Alex. I like even more that he is not my type. So he very well could date someone at some point who isn't his type. Idk that is just my opinion.

I wasn't saying drastically younger lol. I said young. 34 is still young. 34 isn't his age. He doesn't seem to date older than himself. Kate is super skinny so is Alexa. Alexa is actually sickly skinny. He still has a "type". I have never seen him with a curvy woman. I haven't seen him with a costume designer or director. He likes skinny, model/actresses who are young. So maybe not as bad as Leo but still like Leo has a type so does Alex. I think he is talented and handsome but his taste in women doesn't seem to be very unpredictable.
Honestly 34 is not young compared with 41.

Try again later when your browser is working.

With an emmy, he will get better TV offers where he can demand more money and more screen time. That will be great. He isnt a box office draw so he shines in indies and small budget studio movies which is what he has been doing.

I was looking through IG today and saw a fan pic with a caption saying next stop golden globes. It didnt even occur to me that BLL has a very good chance of being nominated at the globes. Hopefully more red carpet and more awards in January! If he is nominated for or even wins a golden globe, he will be more noticed by movie people too

Hopefully the Emmy has also increased the quality of scripts that he's offered. Not that they're bad now, and we don't know what he's turned down, but he's shown that he does just fine when acting with someone like Nicole. I'd like to see him work more with A-listers, just to show that BLL wasn't some fluke.

Yes, BLL should be up for a GG or two come January, though the Emmys were the only one with Alex's category. I think there a couple of other ones that BLL might be up for come awards season, but can't remember off hand.

I think everyone has a type. Even if they say they don't they have some sort of a type. Whether it be a personality trait, a hair color, smile etc. there is something they have in common. I don't think Alex's type is an age thing I think it is more of a personality thing? He seems to go for the quirky, outgoing independent types. I think Kate was the only blonde he dated so I would also say what someone else said about liking brunettes? There isn't anything wrong with having a type. Oddly enough Alex isn't my type. I usually like average height, dark hair, dark eyes who are kind of muscular with a bit of facial hair who has a bit of a cocky attitude. However I really like Alex. I like even more that he is not my type. So he very well could date someone at some point who isn't his type. Idk that is just my opinion.

Alex has definitely dated blondes before Kate, and probably during the 4 years before he started dating Alexa, so I don't think there's a blonde/brunette preference. I think he does have a type, but it's not hair color. But as mentioned here often over the years, if he's really going to settle down one of these days, he might be better off expanding his parameters beyond slender social media obsessed fashionistas. Now whether he does that ...

Last edited:
Honestly 34 is not young compared with 41.

LoL I didn't say compared to I said young. 34 is not middle aged it isn't old or older either . 34 is still young. Why exactly are we trying to argue that 34 isn't young? I am scared to think what age you guys find old. All I said is he likes women young. Maybe I should have said "younger" than him and people wouldn't have been so defensive? It was merely an observation that he doesn't date women his age or even older than him. More often than not she is younger than he is. Even if it isn't a lot. These two new women if he is dating one of them, I am not saying he is. They are even younger than 34 they are in their mid 20's. So if he is dating one of them, again I am not saying he is. It doesn't seem he is going to be changing his preference anytime soon.

LoL I didn't say compared to I said young. 34 is not middle aged it isn't old or older either . 34 is still young. Why exactly are we trying to argue that 34 isn't young? I am scared to think what age you guys find old. All I said is he likes women young. Maybe I should have said "younger" than him and people wouldn't have been so defensive? It was merely an observation that he doesn't date women his age or even older than him. More often than not she is younger than he is. Even if it isn't a lot. These two new women if he is dating one of them, I am not saying he is. They are even younger than 34 they are in their mid 20's. So if he is dating one of them, again I am not saying he is. It doesn't seem he is going to be changing his preference anytime soon.

You're not comparing, but I am. Yes 34 is still young, but as I mentioned earlier, the comments I've seen on how he likes 'young' women aren't thinking that 34 is young (if they're really aware of how old KB and AC really are), it's the implication that he prefers Leo-aged women in their mid 20's, even though his last two serious girlfriends haven't been that much younger than he. Younger, yes, but not that much in terms of their actual ages. The comparison is important for implication for me, though you're coming at it from a different angle.

You're not comparing, but I am. Yes 34 is still young, but as I mentioned earlier, the comments I've seen on how he likes 'young' women aren't thinking that 34 is young (if they're really aware of how old KB and AC really are), it's the implication that he prefers Leo-aged women in their mid 20's, even though his last two serious girlfriends haven't been that much younger than he. Younger, yes, but not that much in terms of their actual ages. The comparison is important for implication for me, though you're coming at it from a different angle.

The way you responded was that 34 wasn't young. Both you and audio girl assumed when I said young I was talking about 20 year olds. Any other comment people are making thinking 34 isn't young and that 20 year olds are the only young ones are exactly the problem. Especially for Hollywood. It is a wrong assumption. Even Alex spoke out about it. I don't have the exact quote but he said something along the lines of men in Hollywood are working somewhere into their 50's but women are only good till about mid to late 20's. He was saying how wrong it was. That is what makes me upset is that when I said young people automatically thought I was talking about a 20 year old. I wasn't saying he is a bad guy for dating younger than himself. It was just an observation on the type of women he seems to like. It is also important for me for people not to assume 20 is the only young.

Reactions: hjsameli
He definitely has a type. It's called stupid ("OMG! I'm a step-parent to a 20 year old."), childish ("Look at that selfie I just took, mate!"), starving ("I forget to eat when I'm stressed.") famewhores. The hair colour doesn't matter as long as they meet the other requirements.
The way you responded was that 34 wasn't young. Both you and audio girl assumed when I said young I was talking about 20 year olds. Any other comment people are making thinking 34 isn't young and that 20 year olds are the only young ones are exactly the problem. Especially for Hollywood. It is a wrong assumption. Even Alex spoke out about it. I don't have the exact quote but he said something along the lines of men in Hollywood are working somewhere into their 50's but women are only good till about mid to late 20's. He was saying how wrong it was. That is what makes me upset is that when I said young people automatically thought I was talking about a 20 year old. I wasn't saying he is a bad guy for dating younger than himself. It was just an observation on the type of women he seems to like. It is also important for me for people not to assume 20 is the only young.
I totally get what you're saying. This is Hollywood's and frankly America's obsession with youth. Everyone over 30 is old. Alex's problem though is that he's not mature enough to date women his age hence him picking women that meet him mentally. And of course who make him feel young himself. Who needs proper conversations when you can just drink your brain away.

Reactions: Sillygal2007