Alexander McQueen Shoes

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
Starting a thread for AM shoes for knowledge share, pics and helpful advice. Mods, feel free to consolidate previous threads.

I own two pairs, their oversized or platform sneakers and my newest one. these sculpted heel mid calf boots. Both I got in my normal size. The width fits quite comfortably on my slightly wide feet.

20181219_235200.jpg

Jlo in their classic sneaks
everyday-handbags-282118-1566933339178-image.1080x0c.jpg

Does anyone have the oversized sneakers and can speak to their fit and experience? I have tried my usual size and my heel practically lifts out of the sneaker. I like the toe area, its roomy and comfy but I fear in time , as the sneaker stretches to my foot, they will feel even bigger. There are mixed reviews online, as many people saying they are sized small as others saying to size down!

Last edited:
Does anyone have the oversized sneakers and can speak to their fit and experience? I have tried my usual size and my heel practically lifts out of the sneaker. I like the toe area, its roomy and comfy but I fear in time , as the sneaker stretches to my foot, they will feel even bigger. There are mixed reviews online, as many people saying they are sized small as others saying to size down!

Definitely try both sizes at home, with different socks and walking around to compare. Also try after you've walked around a lot and your feet may be more swollen than when you first wake up.

I'd rather have a slightly roomier sneaker than not. Nowadays, I'm wishing my sneakers didn't fit exactly to my feet bc then I can add an inner cushion (or orthopedic sole) for added comfort. I also don't worry about stretching them out bc I wear sneakers maybe once a week, and mine have never stretched. This applies to my McQ chunky ones too.

@randr21 - thanks for your reply. I'm not in a position to try both sizes at home, however I might attempt to try my usual size in store with different socks and in the late afternoon to see how they fit then. I wonder if placing a full length inner cushion will keep my heel in place or possibly a half cushion in my forefoot to push my foot back into the heel? I seem to be obsessing over these sneakers and am attempting to get them into my wardrobe no matter what!

@randr21 - thanks for your reply. I'm not in a position to try both sizes at home, however I might attempt to try my usual size in store with different socks and in the late afternoon to see how they fit then. I wonder if placing a full length inner cushion will keep my heel in place or possibly a half cushion in my forefoot to push my foot back into the heel? I seem to be obsessing over these sneakers and am attempting to get them into my wardrobe no matter what!
If there's a will, there's a way. I think a cushion will definitely make it a more snug fit, and depending on the type: half sole vs full vs heel or a combo of them can be used to custom fit how you'd like them to feel. And that's without adding different socks to the mix. Try it. I think your regular size may be end up being the one. I like them out of all the others I've tried (bal, golden goose, common projects) and none of them gave me the aesthetic I want on my feet and with my outfits that the mcq does.

If there's a will, there's a way. I think a cushion will definitely make it a more snug fit, and depending on the type: half sole vs full vs heel or a combo of them can be used to custom fit how you'd like them to feel. And that's without adding different socks to the mix. Try it. I think your regular size may be end up being the one. I like them out of all the others I've tried (bal, golden goose, common projects) and none of them gave me the aesthetic I want on my feet and with my outfits that the mcq does.
yes, and all the brands you mention hurt my feet or were ill-fitting from sitting down on a couch trying them on, let alone walking around in them. Other brands I've tried are Axel Arigato, P448 and they were both diabolical. I know plenty of women wear New Balance/Nike to tone down a look, but I much prefer the look of these McQueen sneakers as well.

Update. Bought two pairs! In my usual size 38. Wore one pair out for most of the day yesterday and they were fine. I placed a half insole in them and wore thin invisible socks. I really tightened the laces so my heel wouldn't slip out but found after an hour or so my toes were numb so I loosened the laces and all was well. The tongue does dig in a little but not enough to cut skin or anything like that. I suspect that part will soften in time. The sneakers were comfy even after 5 hours of walking!