Alexander Mcqueen Scarf Thread

A few people here have managed to get the leopard print on sale and since it's a fashion scarf it will go on sale again come the end of this season. The McQueen website, Matches and the Harvey Nichols website also sell it so I doubt it would sell out.
You might be best to return it since it's horrible to see something in sale which you paid alot more for and especially if your not sure it's worth the full price.

Thanks for your reply. That's it - if I knew the scarf would be sold out before the start of the sales, I would definitely keep it as I really like it. But you're right, if I saw it heavily reduced I would be gutted that I'd paid full price. I saw a lot of the leopard scarves in bright colours floating around in the sale at Christmas so I might just be lucky. When will the sales be - June?

I've never seen the leopard pashmina's on sale here, though the leopard silks did go on sale this year.

I got my leopard pash last year, instead of one of the Vuitton leopards, just because I think it's rarer seen (not to say the Vuitton leopards aren't wonderful) Speaking with the SA's none made it through to the sales last year, but they released new colours this year, as well as reissuing the original colour so there may have been more about?

It's really, really warm and I still love it!

Having said that, if you're not loving it, then perhaps best return? Good luck!

Yes, you're right, the ones I saw in the sale did seem to be the silks, not pashminas. I do really like it but I'm just not sure it's worth the money and it kind of blends in with the greys and blacks I wear. I love the combo of skulls and leopard. Which colour did you get?

I got the original camel/black - I just looked for the invoice and it was £380 - that's a huge price increase, thought it was only Vuitton that upped the ante like that!! (I lvoe Vuitton by the way...)

Sorry, meant to add that yes, June for the Mcqueen sales in the UK (US are quite a few weeks before) - though it's usually very last days/very begining of July that they go from 40% to 60%. I always hate that wait, seeing how much I want something and if what I do want is still going to be there. You know, I missed that Sapphire leopard silk this year, as it didn't make it to 60% but I did managed to snag a purple God Save McQueen silk, so not too bad....

Thanks for your reply. That's it - if I knew the scarf would be sold out before the start of the sales, I would definitely keep it as I really like it. But you're right, if I saw it heavily reduced I would be gutted that I'd paid full price. I saw a lot of the leopard scarves in bright colours floating around in the sale at Christmas so I might just be lucky. When will the sales be - June?

Yeah it's usually is June.

Sorry, meant to add that yes, June for the Mcqueen sales in the UK (US are quite a few weeks before) - though it's usually very last days/very begining of July that they go from 40% to 60%. I always hate that wait, seeing how much I want something and if what I do want is still going to be there. You know, I missed that Sapphire leopard silk this year, as it didn't make it to 60% but I did managed to snag a purple God Save McQueen silk, so not too bad....

Yeah, it really has increased in price! 380 would be more acceptable for me but 425 is way overpriced for what it is and I never normally think that way about designer goods. On the other hand I do love it! Was that the bright blue leopard scarf you missed? At least you snagged another stunning scarf instead. It seems like the sand leopard scarf is sold out on the McQueen website last time I looked.

I had a hard time tracking down the leopard scarf in autumn/brown. I got the last one from Nordstrom. They shipped it out to me and it was perfect except the care tag wasn't attached (it was attached to the price tag) and the Alexander Mcqueen label was literally hanging by a thread. Brought it to Nordstrom and the alterations dept fixed it right away. We left the care tag off though. I love this color combo and could not wait to see if it went on sale etc and risk not getting it. I have the LV leopard stole as well and was initially thinking the AM scarf might be a little redundant but I love it. It is a different look and a bit longer, so I have more styling options which I love. It's also lighter. I will still be watching for sales though so I can scoop up another lol

I had a hard time tracking down the leopard scarf in autumn/brown. I got the last one from Nordstrom. They shipped it out to me and it was perfect except the care tag wasn't attached (it was attached to the price tag) and the Alexander Mcqueen label was literally hanging by a thread. Brought it to Nordstrom and the alterations dept fixed it right away. We left the care tag off though. I love this color combo and could not wait to see if it went on sale etc and risk not getting it. I have the LV leopard stole as well and was initially thinking the AM scarf might be a little redundant but I love it. It is a different look and a bit longer, so I have more styling options which I love. It's also lighter. I will still be watching for sales though so I can scoop up another lol

Which one is the autumn/brown - is that the camel coloured one that's the same colours as the original LV stole?

I love Alexander McQueen scarves although I have only managed to get 1 so far. I have the Black with white skulls, the SA at Neiman Marcus told me it was longer than the other colors. I am not sure what to get next but I wish they were on sale. I spent $295 on the one scarf!

MissLVChaneL said:
I love Alexander McQueen scarves although I have only managed to get 1 so far. I have the Black with white skulls, the SA at Neiman Marcus told me it was longer than the other colors. I am not sure what to get next but I wish they were on sale. I spent $295 on the one scarf!

It's a expensive habit but it's worth it. I spent $375 on a McQueen scarf that was in the sale it's original price was $1000

I took my label off, I just snipped the two stitches holding it on. I think the labels are quite sturdy and the edges a bit sharp so I was actually concerned about the edges/corners catching and making a hole in the pashmina - I didn't even think of the label pulling but now you've mentioned it, I can see that easily happening...