Alexander McQueen Novak dilema

Madison

Dec 29, 2005
Hi everyone! I'm fairly new to this site, and just joined last month. I've only been reading the threads (some of which crack me up!), but on this issue, I just had to post because hopefully all of you could relate, or at least sympathize...:P

With the help of this site, I fell in :love: with the Novak handbag. I saw that NAP was sold out of bag in red, so I called the NY store to see if they had any in stock. It must have been a sign :nuts: , because they had one large red one left. I told the SA to put it on hold for me so I could think about it. Two hours later (you could tell that I put a lot of thought into it!), I called him back and had him send it to me. He stated that it would arrive on Wednesday.

Well, Wednesday came and went, and so did Thursday, and to my dismay, no handbag. I really didn't think anything of it until Friday morning, when I called the store to ask for the tracking number. I checked it on UPS' website, and it stated that it was delivered on Wednesday at 6:39pm. When I found this out, I almost wanted to cry! :cry: I called UPS, and they confirmed this, and stated I had to call the shipper. I contacted the store, and the put me on hold while they talked to UPS. The SA told me that UPS stated that it was delivered to apt. F, and I live in apt. B. I rushed home early that same day to see if it might be sitting in front of their apartment, and unfortunately :sad2: , it wasn't there. I called the manager to see if anything was delivered to the leasing office, and again, there was nothing. Just when things couldn't get any worse, it turns out the occupant of that apt. has been out of the country for the last month!:amazed:

So now a file has been claimed with UPS, and they are attempting to do a trace. Now all I can do is sit and wait for another week and a half until I hear from them :sad: . And this is what makes me really nervous, I was reading on UPS' website about this whole process, and it stated that if the package isn't located, that the shipper gives UPS documentation that shows the lesser of the actual purchase cost or replacement cost, up to the declared value. I contacted UPS for clarification because I know I didn't pay any sort of insurance. They checked the form, and the store did not indicated the declared value, so UPS may only be able to pay the shipper about $100, maybe a little bit more. But I paid well over $100! :evil: UPS said that there was nothing more that they could do. So I called the store, and they said not to worry about it, that it would be taken care of. I think they were a little more annoyed that I was calling so much.

So that's my dilema in a nutshell. On the bright side, I was able to find the Chanel 2.55 handbag in gray this weekend. Again, this site helped me fall in absolute crazy :love: with this handbag. It's such a beautiful handbag, I can't wait to get it! I think the SA said it was the last medium in the country. It's coming from Hawaii, and it should be here on Thursday. But I won't hold my breath! :lol:

aaack, i would be ripping my hair out. that almost happened to me a few times, where the package was delivered to the wrong house. but at least they either reimbursed me or sent a replacement.

i love the novak too. i want the chocolate!

good luck
!!!!

Oh my!:cry: What a story! Sounds like you've been through quite the ride....well hopefully your Chanel will ease your pain til you can get things straightened out w/ UPS. I don't envy you and hope everything goes smoothly and that you finally get your bag! Fingers crossed!

That would flip me out!! Let us know how that goes. I always make sure my packages have to be signed for, but today I saw a package left on my front porch and I never signed for it but requested to! That part is a bit scary!! Good luck with it all and show us pics when you get the bags!

Madison said:
So that's my dilema in a nutshell. On the bright side, I was able to find the Chanel 2.55 handbag in gray this weekend. Again, this site helped me fall in absolute crazy :love: with this handbag. It's such a beautiful handbag, I can't wait to get it! I think the SA said it was the last medium in the country. It's coming from Hawaii, and it should be here on Thursday. But I won't hold my breath! :lol:

so you're the one who got the last medium! lucky you haha! i called my mom from the chanel store begging her to help me buy the small (only a couple left in the country and there's only 1 large left in the entire country) and even promised i wouldn't ask for another bag the ENTIRE year but no go.

i'm sorry about your novak though :sad:

Thanks everyone for your concerns! :shame: I hope this all works out in the end. I'll keep ya posted! ;)

Mariah - I'm so sorry I snagged the last one! I really do admire your determination and your taste, I know you will get one soon! When I was 15, I think the handbag "du jour" I was lusting over was a Liz Claiborne satchel, with triangles all over it. My how times have changed!:lol:

Madison, I'm so sorry to hear that! I live in an apt building that has a doorman/concierge, so I don't have to worry about packages being stolen. However, my previous apt didn't have a doorman, so I would have my packages sent to my office.

Madison said:
Thanks everyone for your concerns! :shame: I hope this all works out in the end. I'll keep ya posted! ;)

Mariah - I'm so sorry I snagged the last one! I really do admire your determination and your taste, I know you will get one soon! When I was 15, I think the handbag "du jour" I was lusting over was a Liz Claiborne satchel, with triangles all over it. My how times have changed!:lol:

oh no i'm not mad! i'm just glad it has a good home :biggrin:

GOOD LUCK! I am sure it will work out. This happened to me with a pair of shoes and the website (Shopbop) reimbursed me. If it was the mistake of the AM store then they are responsible.

I am SO glad I got the gray medium Chanel - congrats on getting the last one in the country! Craziness. Mine must have been second or third to last!

Let us know how it works out. And Mariah, you will def. find another CHanel that you love.

Well, the ending of my story is a happy one! The occupants of the apartment upstairs returned from their vacation, and they had my handbag all along! :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: Someone who was taking care of their apartment must have came by, and stored the package inside. I opened it up last night, and I have just three words, FAB-U-LOUS!!!! I will post pictures under the bag showcase for all of you to see.

Again, thanks to everyone for your concerns. :shame: I feel like I'm part of one big handbag family!! :lol:

P.S. Sorry my initial thread was so long. I guess I get a little carried away when I write...:shame:

I'm glad this story had a happy ending. I've been admiring the Novak for a while, and am so so curious to see what it would look like on a real person (as opposed to on the runway, if you know what I mean and as opposed to slung across a mannequin). Could you possibly post a picture of you wearing it! Thanks so so much!