Alexander McQueen fall items 40% off!

kt1981

Sep 16, 2006
I :heart: Matthew. He is the best SA! I broke down and bought the leopard cashmere scarf too. UGH At least I know I will wear it though.
Its a good investment :smile: I love that scarf! Did you ever get any type of shipping confirmation from your online order today? I still haven't and am tempted to "double buy" the leopard chiffon from Matthew before they run out but don't want to end up getting more than I need! I've tried calling the ecommerce number and no one is there and no one has responded to my VM.

mommy4luke

Oct 4, 2008
San Diego, CA
Not yet but I feel pretty good about it. When I called I spoke with someone and they only way to get the web stuff is through the web. So no one can pull that stock.

kt1981

Sep 16, 2006
Not yet but I feel pretty good about it. When I called I spoke with someone and they only way to get the web stuff is through the web. So no one can pull that stock.

Really?!?! Good---that is great to hear b/c everyone I've spoken to at the store says web orders are pulled from store inventories and that was what got me worried. I'll just hang tight for a bit

mommy4luke

Oct 4, 2008
San Diego, CA
Oh REALLY? Uh Oh I must have misunderstand her this morning. If thats the case them I am pretty sure I will get a cancel. Thats kind of a stupid way to do it but I guess thats what works for them. Bummer

madigan

I'm done!
O.G.
Jan 16, 2007
CT
ok, trying to decide between two dresses and I'm completely stuck! I don't usually buy designer dresses but I was floored by this collection and thought I could make it my go-to 'wow' piece. What do you think? I'm a very hourglass shape so I thought something form-fitting would be perfect...

chynaxdawl

Sep 22, 2006
i like the second more i think...i think the print will emphasize your curves :graucho:

and i'm pretty sure they pull their online inventory from the stores...that's how i experienced it last season anyways...i'd also say that they fulfill their online orders somewhat slowly and had a lot of cancellations later on (the website doesn't update the inventory quickly enough) so i'd say if you really want something, to do a charge/send over the phone with one of the boutiques. their online cs isn't the friendliest and of the boutiques, i think lv has the nicest sales associates. the other stores can be quite snooty.

madigan

I'm done!
O.G.
Jan 16, 2007
CT
thanks!! I originally fell for the b&w one but loved the gold, too... (i feel like so many things I like are b&w) keep the opinions coming, please. Need to call to order it soon!

mommy4luke

Oct 4, 2008
San Diego, CA
Its a good investment :smile: I love that scarf! Did you ever get any type of shipping confirmation from your online order today? I still haven't and am tempted to "double buy" the leopard chiffon from Matthew before they run out but don't want to end up getting more than I need! I've tried calling the ecommerce number and no one is there and no one has responded to my VM.
I just logged into AM.com to check the status of my order and it says shipped!! So relieved! Check yours and see, it may have shipped already.

kt1981

Sep 16, 2006
I just logged into AM.com to check the status of my order and it says shipped!! So relieved! Check yours and see, it may have shipped already.
Good call!!! Thanks!!! Just checked and it says shipped too! Whew! Nice job on scoring the leopard pashmina at the store---looks like all but one of the pashminas are gone online!!!!

I bought two to be able to compare the designs and hoping to be able to take one back. It says online within 15 days is ok for sale items. But reps at store said sale items are final sale. So fingers crossed---otherwise my poor wallet will be hurting a bit :smile:

Last edited:

lawchick

O.G.
Aug 3, 2006
CA
That is a gorgeous dress. I vote for the gold. It seems more unique to me than basic black and white. Plus I think it goes along with the gilded, artsy feel of the fall collection.

ok, trying to decide between two dresses and I'm completely stuck! I don't usually buy designer dresses but I was floored by this collection and thought I could make it my go-to 'wow' piece. What do you think? I'm a very hourglass shape so I thought something form-fitting would be perfect...

lawchick

O.G.
Aug 3, 2006
CA
Last time I ordered a sale item on the website I got a cancellation email the next day. When I called I was informed the web sales pull items from the stores.