Alexander McQueen fall items 40% off!

mommy4luke

Oct 4, 2008
San Diego, CA
OMG I want that leopard scarf in the worst way. Well so much for not needing anything!! I have 2 of the chiffon scarfs and wear them all the time. Great investments!!

madigan

I'm done!
O.G.
Jan 16, 2007
CT
thanks for the heads up, hope this includes RTW, there's a dress I've had my eye on...

kt1981

Sep 16, 2006
What do you guys think??? If I could only get one: would you get the angels and devils or the leopard w/skulls?

Also---any preference to silk chiffon or pashmina?

Many thanks! I really want to make a decision tonight so I can call the stores tomorrow :smile:

lawchick

O.G.
Aug 3, 2006
CA
I think the leopard is fun and on trend but not so trendy that it won't come back after the animal print craze dies down. The angels and skeleton scarf on the other hand is art. I am obviously not going to be helpful in this decision since I couldn't decide between the two so I bought both.

I don't know about the pashmina or how thick it is so I can't help you there either. Maybe ask if you can return it and buy both and return the one you like less?

kt1981

Sep 16, 2006
I think the leopard is fun and on trend but not so trendy that it won't come back after the animal print craze dies down. The angels and skeleton scarf on the other hand is art. I am obviously not going to be helpful in this decision since I couldn't decide between the two so I bought both.

I don't know about the pashmina or how thick it is so I can't help you there either. Maybe ask if you can return it and buy both and return the one you like less?
Thanks for all your help! I couldn't agree more regarding the angels/devils piece. It is truly art! I'm slightly leaning more towards that piece. Great idea about getting both if they allow for returns---I'll find out tomorrow!!!

dcblam

O.G.
Mar 15, 2007
oh kt....
such a hard questions!
as lawchick mentioned, get both and than make your decision upon sight.

I did order the Angels/Skeleton scarf when it first came out and I didn't fall hard for it, so it got returned. It's all a matter of what resonates with you.
Since they are NOT inexpensive, I feel that they need to be used/worn often, thus I prefer the silk chiffon. You can wear these year around. BUT, I have not seen the pashmina, or modal scarves to make an informed assessment.

Lieu

ILVOEMahina
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
Humid USA
Omg!! I just called their LV store and Samantha wasn't there, but Matthew, the store manager was there and helped me:smile: He was kind and helpful... I ordered the Faithful Boot black/gold but had to get s 36, instead of 35.5. He says if it didn't fit me, he'd take them back!! Very nice... Charged me for ground but will overnight them for me:smile: I can't believe I got them 40% off while zappos.com is only 20% and the big dept. stores have not even marked them down:sad: I am happy as can be!! Can anyone out there tell me if the shoe runs tts, small, large? Thank you mucho!!!

kt1981

Sep 16, 2006
oh kt....
such a hard questions!
as lawchick mentioned, get both and than make your decision upon sight.

I did order the Angels/Skeleton scarf when it first came out and I didn't fall hard for it, so it got returned. It's all a matter of what resonates with you.
Since they are NOT inexpensive, I feel that they need to be used/worn often, thus I prefer the silk chiffon. You can wear these year around. BUT, I have not seen the pashmina, or modal scarves to make an informed assessment.
I took both of your suggestions and ordered both online in the silk chiffon!! Though not sure if my order will go through as I heard they pull inventory from the stores. Already called NYC and they are out so have to call the other stores as soon as they open. But not really sure how that will work.... Fingers crossed

chynaxdawl

Sep 22, 2006
^^ they do pull inventory from the stores and it's not marked down online, i think. i'd definitely call the other stores! good luck!

kt1981

Sep 16, 2006
Does anyone know if the angels/devils scarf on sale is a final sale? It didn't say that online when I purchase but one of the store reps said it is. Now I'm a bit worried b/c I bought two designs so I can compare but was planning to return one.

chynaxdawl

Sep 22, 2006
i'm on the site fine...
it's not final sale, unless they changed their policy, i've returned stuff from their sale last season.