Alexander McQueen Bag Thread

OMG!!! that's sooo beautiful! i love the dragon clasp :love:
chloehandbag, icechick, congrats to you two!
may i ask how much was it?

Thank you, seahorseinstripes! :flowers:

I love the clasp, too and also the way that the fish scale leather looks like the dragon scales on the clasp (well, to me, anyway! :lol:).

It was £770.00 (it was $1,515, but now it appears to be only $1,225 on the US site!) from NAP.

Almost forgot, I received the Mini Novak last week but had to return it, as the strip of leather that goes around the bag vertically was sewn on crookedly, so I had to exchange it.

I should get the replacement tomorrow. :biggrin:

hi! i am thinking of buying a novak from ebay. any tips on how to tell a real one from a fake?

I think its pretty easy to tell fake Novaks from authentic compaired to some other brands. I looked on ebay and there aren't to many listed. Of course there are fakes. The ones that are authentic are:
item 300056286439 This one is a good price.

item 170054231161 This seller has several authentic ones. Starting at almost retail.

item 170055142886

its fab looking

index.jpg

I have a TO DIE FOR black medium crochet novak bought last year. It was with my winter stuff so I recently took it back out (I bought it last year). Ill take pics and post soon.

I am after the knitted novak at the mo....its stunning but a little expensive (im having cash flow problems!)...the regular novak is a little too structured for my liking. But Its such a classy bag I have to say!

I love that clutch, chloehandbags! :love:

I only have one Alexander McQueen, don't even know what year it's from, but it's before the Gucci Group acquisition. I've loved Alexander McQueen forever, since his first collections.

My bag is very simple, a plain black leather bag with a buckle front and a tassle on the side. It doesn't look "designer" at all, I guess. My ex once asked me why I wasn't carrying a designer bag to his firm's party. I then told him it's Alexander McQueen, but I guess it would have been safer to carry one of those Chanel flaps that everyone had!

^ Thank you so much, sonya! :flowers:

I think AM's amazingly talented, too. He takes clothes and accessory design to a whole new level. :yes:

Do you have any pics of your bag, BTW?