Alexa zigzag bags

gemj83

Jan 10, 2011
Hi

I've been looking at the Alexa zigzag bags for a whole now and I wondered how they are holding up. Does anyone own one of these gorgeous bags. Are they delicate or quite hard wearing. Also are they as heavy as they look ? Does anyone have any pictures of their own gorgeous bags.

Also did they go into the outlets ?

Thank you in advance

Gemma xx

Hi

I've been looking at the Alexa zigzag bags for a whole now and I wondered how they are holding up. Does anyone own one of these gorgeous bags. Are they delicate or quite hard wearing. Also are they as heavy as they look ? Does anyone have any pictures of their own gorgeous bags.

Also did they go into the outlets ?

Thank you in advance

Gemma xx
I saw one in York last week but I don't know how much it was, sorry. Give them a call :biggrin:

Thanks everyone. I'm thinking of purchasing one in the future (not near future as ive just spoilt myself with a valentines alexa) but im concious of having to many of the same style bag as I have a foggy grey alexa too.
I'm contemplating buying a chanel woc or some other kind of flap bag but not sure if I would get as much use out of it as an alexa. Plus there's the huge price difference too.
Nice to hear it's more structured. Ive just bought a samorga liner to help my lexies keep there shape.

Do you have to remove the tassle everytime you need to get in the bag?
Can anyone remember how much there are/were in the outlets

Xx

Ive recently bought the ink zig zag Alexa and love it, holds shape really well as the leather is smooth touch so thick and lovely- doesn't at all flop from the embellishments anywhere.

When buying keep in mind that some of the ink bags sold at outlets came with a gold lock and no tassel and some had the enamel lock and tassel...mines a gold lock and I am trying to hunt down a tassel for mine as i like the finishing touch... I did my reveal a few weeks ago so have a look for the thread as pics were posted..outlet price is £700 x

Not sure where you're based Gemj83 but I was in Cheshire Oaks outlet last Thursday and they had a Zig Zag Alexa in. But you could always ring them up and see if it is still there, I think they post them out.

Ive recently bought the ink zig zag Alexa and love it, holds shape really well as the leather is smooth touch so thick and lovely- doesn't at all flop from the embellishments anywhere.

When buying keep in mind that some of the ink bags sold at outlets came with a gold lock and no tassel and some had the enamel lock and tassel...mines a gold lock and I am trying to hunt down a tassel for mine as i like the finishing touch... I did my reveal a few weeks ago so have a look for the thread as pics were posted..outlet price is £700 x
Hi Jazmine2smith, I got my ink zigzag with gold lock and its missing the tassel too!! Were you aware of the existence of these 2 bags (ie. 1 with gold lock 1 with black enamaeled lock) before you made your purchase? Do you know the reason why some comes in gold lock and some in the black enameled lock? Do you have any idea if the black enameled lock with tassel cost the same as the gold lock in the Outlet store? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks!

Hi Jazmine2smith, I got my ink zigzag with gold lock and its missing the tassel too!! Were you aware of the existence of these 2 bags (ie. 1 with gold lock 1 with black enamaeled lock) before you made your purchase? Do you know the reason why some comes in gold lock and some in the black enameled lock? Do you have any idea if the black enameled lock with tassel cost the same as the gold lock in the Outlet store? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks!

Hiya glad to hear you made the purchase! Yes I was aware of the difference before purchase and when enquiring Bicester had both size bags (reg and OS) with the blue enamelled lock.
However I was too late and had to take the gold with no tassel. Im not 100% sure on the difference and why there are two versions, some people thought only the big size had the enamelled lock and tassel but when retailing in stores both sizes were the same...I asked the girls in the outlet and they weren't too sure, my guess is that when moving them onto outlet to be sold some were missing tassels and perhaps changed to gold locks to avoid missing tassel confusion! I also asked my local store to find out if I could have one made at a charge...but NO! so its an ebay hunt for the tassel! Hope that helps x

Hiya glad to hear you made the purchase! Yes I was aware of the difference before purchase and when enquiring Bicester had both size bags (reg and OS) with the blue enamelled lock.
However I was too late and had to take the gold with no tassel. Im not 100% sure on the difference and why there are two versions, some people thought only the big size had the enamelled lock and tassel but when retailing in stores both sizes were the same...I asked the girls in the outlet and they weren't too sure, my guess is that when moving them onto outlet to be sold some were missing tassels and perhaps changed to gold locks to avoid missing tassel confusion! I also asked my local store to find out if I could have one made at a charge...but NO! so its an ebay hunt for the tassel! Hope that helps x
Hi Jazmine2smith, thank you for the reply. The ink zigzag is my first mulberry bag and I totally have no idea that there were 2 versions when I made my purchase. I got a big shock after reading online and for a moment thought something was really wrong with my bag since none of the search results show the gold lock version. Haha.