Alexa - sealant peeling off

Jip

Nov 5, 2008
The bag is about a year old and rarely used. The sealant starts peeling out especially on the sides. Anybody has the same issue? What do you do? Thank you.

Hi Jip,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not familiar with the Alexas, but I am sure one of the other TPFers will advise you. Have you emailed or rang Mulberry HQ to ask their advice..?

:thinking:

Hi jip,
Not exactly sure what you mean by sealant peeling - I've just sent my alexa back to mulberry for the piping leather to be replaced as its worn through, so I would imagine they could fix whatever issue you have as well. The repairs department are really helpful x

I think I know what you mean; do you mean on the straps the browny grey plastic sealant along the edges?

Mine is doing it too but not so much I want to return it to mulberry. I've had it about 6 months and have used it daily.

That is the 'inking' and it really shouldn't be peeling away so soon. You need to return her to Mulberry and get it repaired. If it's only just over the year, tell them it hasn't had a year's use as you have been using others bags too. They should repair free of charge.

this happened on the handles of my mabel. as your bag's still in warranty or just over i'd send it back to mulberry to get the sealant repaired for free. they might charge you if it's just over a year or they might not.

oh teddiescorner pipped me to the post!

Hi Jip, I actually had the exact same problem with my Alexa a few months ago... The bag was still in warrantee and I sent it back to Mulberry and it was repaired very quickly and free of charge, I did pay about £10 to send it to them but they posted it back to me for free. If yours is just over a year old they may not charge you and even if they do it shouldn't be too expensive, the information is on their website http://www.mulberry.com/#/customerservices/returnsrepairs/repairs/, you could try to call them for a quote :flowers:.