ALEXA, please clarify, is it Made in China or UK?

i have never seen made in china on any designer bag...none of mine at least. i would never want a bag that says made in china. i have always seen either made in france / italy. can someone post pics of this?? im sort of shocked...

Under Italian law a bag can just have one componement made in Italy to qualify the whole bag as made in Italy. That's according to the owner of a London handbag design company who manufactures the whole bag in Italy so I assume she knows what she is talking about. Certainly surprised me.

On a general point not directed at the post above, I agree that working conditions are always of paramount concern but I have no conerns about quality of workmanship, China is a country with a long history of skilled artisans and have a more cultured and sophisticated heritage than most of us if the truth be known.

Maybe it should not really matter, but I too am a bit bothered that my alligator bespoke Bayswater was made in Spain instead of England. I knew some bags were also made in China, Turkey and spain, but I thought I had read somewhere that the more expensive ones (especially with the bespoke-service) were only made in England. It's a beautiful bag and I love it, but I was quite surprised (and a bit dissapointed) when I saw the tag.

Thanks ladies for your helpful inputs, but if Alexa owners don't mind, kindly please take a peek in your bags if they're Made in China or UK. I really need some clarifications, I know it doesn't matter to some people, but it really does to me.

Like when I bought my LV Speedys, I have to really specify the Made in France. Maybe I can do the same if when I decide to order the Alexa Oak.

There was a thread a while ago about this subject. When the company was started by Roger Saul, manufacture was in Somerset. The company does still finish bags there but production is now in China, Spain and Turkey as well as the UK. Mulberry is now owned by a couple from the Far East and Roger Saul is no longer connected with it.

Thanks ladies, it's good to know that Made in UK Alexas are indeed available. Maybe the SA that I spoke to in Mulberry, NY doesn't really know what she was talking about that they're all Made in China.

When will Alexa be available in the stores? I really like the Oak in Medium.