Alexa - no longer in fashion

My current Alexa fave is the slate blue. I had her & sold her before using. Now that I've found another, I'm in awe! It's such a versatile colour & one if my fave Alexa colours- best only just to oak , valentine red & pink champagne :smile:

Good thread, I really think the brand has been damaged by the ridiculous price increase and many new Alexa buyers (I would have been one) have been put off.

Last year I saw plenty of Alexas in the city, not so many this year.

I predominantly see bays around canary wharf, couple of Celines, Chloe's, Prada and very recently lots of Michael Kors. Of late not many Alexa's

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. It might be that the M price increases have driven customers straight in the arms of MK, Longchamp and others alike.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. It might be that the M price increases have driven customers straight in the arms of MK, Longchamp and others alike.

I was in longchamp today to check it out and sat around for 15 min and didnt get help they helped people who came in AFTER me I was by the register too

I was in longchamp today to check it out and sat around for 15 min and didnt get help they helped people who came in AFTER me I was by the register too

That's a bummer. :nogood: I've always received good service from Longchamp SA's, both in Finland and in Sweden. Plus their bags are gorgeous and affordable...

I think Alexa is a classic for Mulberry. Maybe not in a way the Bayswater is, but it is still the second most popular and recognisable Mulberry bag.

However, not many people are carrying it now and that's only due to the price increase in my opinion. I am 22 and in my final year as an undergraduate. In my first year, I was amazed to see so many female students carrying Bayswaters and Alexas and Mulberry pouches. The prices were good for the quality you were getting, and if the bag or wallet or pouch was not a gift from your parents, then you could save money over a year and buy one yourself. Now, with the increase, you have to save for years!!!

Agree with you completely......we must be of a similar age

Perhaps we are but I think as we mature we are less affected by others opinions. I still think your Alexa collection is awesome and I adore the color of blue you have. My midnight is fabulous buy your color is I believe a step above. I did buy a red Mulberry wallet and I love it. It's the one with the pull out money holder. Fabulous wallet!

Perhaps we are but I think as we mature we are less affected by others opinions. I still think your Alexa collection is awesome and I adore the color of blue you have. My midnight is fabulous buy your color is I believe a step above. I did buy a red Mulberry wallet and I love it. It's the one with the pull out money holder. Fabulous wallet!

I adore that wallet.....you have great taste..I'd love one of,those but the price makes me wince

I have an OS Alexa and a Bayswater but find myself reaching for the OS Alexa more because it's lighter than the Bayswater. For someone who carries a lot of things around, weight is a consideration.

I still love her like the first day I got her!

I think Alexa is a classic for Mulberry. Maybe not in a way the Bayswater is, but it is still the second most popular and recognisable Mulberry bag.

However, not many people are carrying it now and that's only due to the price increase in my opinion. I am 22 and in my final year as an undergraduate. In my first year, I was amazed to see so many female students carrying Bayswaters and Alexas and Mulberry pouches. The prices were good for the quality you were getting, and if the bag or wallet or pouch was not a gift from your parents, then you could save money over a year and buy one yourself. Now, with the increase, you have to save for years!!!
You are so right! I fell in love with the Alexa a few years ago. I had just graduated from University and all I got was a really underpaid job. So I put the bag out of my head. At least for a while. Then, as soon as I started working in a better job, I started saving. I didn't want to buy the bag on ebay. Finally I had the money for a regular Alexa. But meanwhile Mulberry has increased the prices. I was SO furious. I am still. :smile: Now I don't know, if I should buy the Alexa now. I don't think they will lower the price for the "icons". And we don't have outlets in Germany. But I think it's a classy bag and I still love her.

I think the prices is what's hurting them the most people love the bags but they arent going to pay that much for them.. I was talking to my grandma about them and she said "mulberry makes bags for smart girls but they messed up they forgot that smart girls make smart purchases and will never pay more than what something is worth" I thought that was worth sharing :biggrin:
Cheers to your Grandma! She is so absolutely right.

I've just bought my first Alexa - Poppy Red and I absolutely love her. I wasn't sure it was a bag for me but when I saw her it was love at first sight! I initially planned on buying the SBS in Poppy Red but the Alexa looked so much more fun