Alexa is this normal wear n tear

Kellys27

Dec 10, 2013
Hi

Some expert advice if you can. Is this normal wear after 4 months light use? I didn't see it till I started taking photos today wondering if it's a problem or just how they wear? It's on all four corners.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405014868.034488.jpg

The bag been creamed and sprayed several times as well.

Hi

Some expert advice if you can. Is this normal wear after 4 months light use? I didn't see it till I started taking photos today wondering if it's a problem or just how they wear? It's on all four corners.

View attachment 2682321

Is this soft buffalo leather? Are you referring to the dark scuffs along the piping? I have an Alexa in oak soft buffalo and it did the same thing. At first I cleaned it with a leather conditioner and the dark scuffs were minimized. However, over time it will show more wear. I consider it as part of the "beauty" of the leather.

Hi

View attachment 2682321

Was it new, if so I wouldn't expect it to look like that after 4 months. I wouldn't be happy at all.

I think its inevitable with regular use and more so if you use the long strap instead of holding her in your hand.

Often you see this in descriptions on ebay and I think Geddes had a similar issue with hers. I have to wipe mine down regularly in this area due to newspaper ink. Comes off but seems to be a regular spot for colour transfer. She is well colloniled up though

If within warranty ask m to look at it, it may not be darkening as such from transfer, it could be the oak colour coming off.