Alexa in Yellow

mtambi

O.G.
Apr 12, 2007
Hi Everyone! I am fast becoming a Mulberry Fan. I was wondering what everyone thought of the Yellow Alexa. I am not a yellow fan but I know that yellow/mustard is a popular color for Summer/Fall. I was told the Alexa in Yellow is highly coveted.

Here it is. Any opinions?

cache.net-a-porter.com/images/products/61242/61242_in_l.jpgcache.net-a-porter.com/images/products/61242/61242_ou_l.jpg

I don't think it is the most popular of the Alexa colours tbh. I know people here have had concerns about colour transfer because it is a light colour.
That said if you like it, you are the one who will be carrying it so it's your personal preference that's the most important thing.

I received the butter, and had to say it wasnt for me, BUT, I am blonde and v v fair and I think it washed me out! I was also v concerned about perhaps it rubbing against jeans as that is my kind of daily outfit lol.

It was lovely, and I still think in pictures its gorgeous, if you have pale bags already and have no problems with them, I would say go for it!!

I would say tho, obviously not guaranteed, but it is the one colour that does tend to be in stock everywhere, and you see it in every mulberry outlet sitting on the shelf - so this one "could" go in the summer sales IMHO! ;)

Light bags are not for me either, but only because I don't have a lifestyle suitable for them. I am always with my children and i fear they would put sticky paw prints on them! It is a perfectly nice colour though and will look great with summer clothes. As Chloe says, if you already have light colour bags and have maintained them without problem then don't listen to us, lol. xx

I bought butterscotch mabel hobo, bright yellow with a touch of mustard, colourway did work on me but I never used it and found it hard to sell on, made a tremendous loss on it.

Yellow bags look nice on various people but not sure they get used much, also yellow tends to change colour and as mentioned colour transfer.

If you think you'd get good use out of it the. Go for it, if you think it'll sit in it's dustbag more often than not perhaps consider a safer colourway?

Agree with the other ladies this one doesnt seem so popular as the others so you could probably save yourself at least 30% by waiting for the summer sales if you really want this bag? But if you love it and want it now fab go for it

I bought the butter and returned it but I do keep thinking about that bag. Once the spring arrives and the sun comes out, I could be tempted again. It's a warm clotted cream yellow rather than a hard mustard.