Alexa ease of use

Geddes

O.G.
Nov 2, 2010
Odd question but................
I have never used/owned an Alexa (but will become an owner tomorrow). How easy is it to use, you see i am looking at it thinking you cant just open it and dip your hand in it can you ? With one handle and a front opening it means you have to let go of the handle (not something i am keen on doing around Oxford Street) turn the bag round towards you to open it ? unless you use the long strap that is.

Does that make sense ?

a lot of people would plonk their bag on the counter or whatever to open it... but im extremely lazy and stuff my hand down the tiny gap in the sides!!! she's quite slouchy now :P

a lot of people would plonk their bag on the counter or whatever to open it... but im extremely lazy and stuff my hand down the tiny gap in the sides!!! she's quite slouchy now :P

Im to short to do that in most shops :biggrin: I do like to keep my bags securely on me when opened especially in town. I will have to practice tomorrow.

Thanks

Im to short to do that in most shops :biggrin: I do like to keep my bags securely on me when opened especially in town. I will have to practice tomorrow.

Thanks

I wear mine across body and find it easy enough to get in and out of whilst wearing it. I do unlock it to get stuff out of with one and hand and lock it again with one hand. I have 3 Alexas', love them!

I wear mine across body and find it easy enough to get in and out of whilst wearing it. I do unlock it to get stuff out of with one and hand and lock it again with one hand. I have 3 Alexas', love them!

My most used bags are cross body as i do like *hands free* but i wondered if this was worn that way if it would have an effect on the scales (ss Alexa) lifting ?

My most used bags are cross body as i do like *hands free* but i wondered if this was worn that way if it would have an effect on the scales (ss Alexa) lifting ?

I am returning my flame SS. But i have the SS Alexa in Nightshade and wear it across body too. No problems at all with lifting scales!

Thanks
They're REALLY REALLY popular which counts for a lot. I like them, but not sure that I love them, people who know me know that I keep on and on about the alexa hobo ( now discontinued and just at outlets) .... Best of both worlds IMO XX

I am returning my flame SS. But i have the SS Alexa in Nightshade and wear it across body too. No problems at all with lifting scales!

Thank you. I went and had a look in store at it today and im not too sure its not really *doing it for me* but once mine arrives by DPD tomorrow i will put my stuff in and have a mooch around.

Thank you. I went and had a look in store at it today and im not too sure its not really *doing it for me* but once mine arrives by DPD tomorrow i will put my stuff in and have a mooch around.

Hopefully you will like it once you get to try it n properly. What colour did you order?

Odd question but................
I have never used/owned an Alexa (but will become an owner tomorrow). How easy is it to use, you see i am looking at it thinking you cant just open it and dip your hand in it can you ? With one handle and a front opening it means you have to let go of the handle (not something i am keen on doing around Oxford Street) turn the bag round towards you to open it ? unless you use the long strap that is.

Does that make sense ?

I always have the bag across my body which then its easy to open withone had but if i happen to have it in the crook of my arm i put it on the cash desk if im in a shop if not then it goes over my body

The only thing that bugs is closing the bag and having to fasten the straps as well as the postman's lock. I always find it a bit faffy and don't like to leave them undone especially if I'm using it handheld.

I use mine as a shoulder or hand held - never cross body, for some reason. I don't have a problem with opening and fishing around in her, but I do keep the straps done up to retain the shape and for security.

I love her (ss in nightshade and pebbled beige)! Umming and ahhing about the flame and petrol atm ...

Which colour did you go for, btw?

Yeah I tend to undo one strap and rummage. Or plonk on nearest surface etc. if I'm carrying in the crook of my arm, then I can always whip the long strap over my shoulder for hands free access! Not an issue really! Hope that helps! X

I pretty much always use mine cross body. If I'm popping in somewhere from the car I'll just carry it but if I'm in town or London or somewhere busy I always use it cross body. I think it feels more secure but I do love the fact I can wear it different ways