Alex tie dye tote!

greenpixie

More please!
O.G.
Dec 1, 2006
So after seeing Lucky magazine's fashion spread with the Alex tie dye hobo a few weeks ago, I have been looking on LP's website occasionally to see when it might show up. It was fun and springy looking, albeit a bit out of my comfort zone. I wear mostly solid colors, and mostly solid color leather bags, but this photo kept me coming back for a look for some reason.

Fast forward to Thursday, and babidius was kind enough to mention in the LP deals thread that some tie dye bags had appeared on the LP website. Interestingly enough, they were being sold as samples at sale prices, so I am assuming the Alex tie dye line is maybe not going to full production? Anyway, I went ahead and took the plunge and after some waffling between the tote and hobo, I bought the tote. I don't often do threads for my bag purchases anymore, but I since no one else seems to have one of these yet, I thought I would put some pics up. :yes:

True to LP, the leather is wonderful. It is a lovely squishy lambskin. The details are very nice, and with the option to cinch in the top a bit, the tote is not as huge-looking on as I thought it might be. There is also a long strap sewn onto the bag just inside the opening, to allow for an additional carrying option. Other that the "sample" tag inside, I would never have guessed that this was a sample sale bag.

I have a picture of the front and back so you can see the tie dye variation, as well as a terrible modeling pic to give you an idea of size.

Overall this bag gets a :tup: from me. It is a fun, lightweight tote I can carry for spring with lovely smooshy leather!

Attachments

• IMG_0278.JPG
    IMG_0278.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I like the braiding on the handles. I was wondering why they were already on sale. It doesn't like as big as it did on their site. LP, IMO, has the softest leather.

Enjoy your Bag!! Thanks for sharing.

thanks for posting, I sensed that LP was due for a sample sale, and I just found that their pics didn't really show the bags up close enough for me to take the plunge. I really like the bag a lot more than I thought I would. I know tie dyed bags have been around for a few years but they seem bigger this year (RM has far more in the line, same with some other designers) but LP's take is unique!

Great bag GP! I love the threaded/crisscrossed/laced (what's the proper term?! lol) pieces throughout the bag too! Definitely a unique, eye-catching piece!

Thanks for all your comments! I was wondering if maybe I should have gone with the hobo, but the extra strap that came on this makes it the best of both worlds. It is kinda long so wearing it with the single longer strap gives it a very boho feel. I'll try to post a pic wearing it that way after work.

Sagranch, there is a small tag inside the bag that says "sample not for sale" or something like that, but otherwise I would never have guessed that this was a sample bag. There are no flaws, marks or anything. Same zebra lining, nice magnetic closure, perfectly functioning zipper for the interior pocket, LP nameplate inside. It just did not come with a dustbag (which they did mention online). The one discrepancy I found was the website listed the color as "rust", but the tag on the bag said "gray". :yes: It is a chameleon-y color, though - it looks a little browner in the outdoor pics I posted, and a little grayer in my office right now and it the modeling pic I posted, so I could see it either way.

Green Pixie, I'm glad you like your bag. I was excited to get the email from LP in regards to the tie dye sample sale but I was hoping for there to be white mixed in with the tie dye colors. I remember Miu Miu came out with a tie die bag that had that look and it was tdf! Thanks for posting close up pics of the bag. It looks great on you!

Thanks restless!

Here are a couple more modeling pics - one shoulder and one crossbody - with the longer strap. I have the tote straps tucked inside. :yes:

Attachments

• IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 95
oh green pixie, you lucky girl!!! i am the same way, usually get really classic bags, but had the same persistent interest in this one. i was going to get one and they sold out so fast in this lovely shade of brown. good job!