Alex - damaged!!! :(

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    So I bought this bag around September 2013 - it's the oxblood shrunken calf alexa bag. I haven't used it until November - December 2013. I've been using it pretty consistently and take good care of it. I usually wear it as a cross body. Yesterday, I noticed sealant cracks on both side of the bag where the strap hooks on....is this normal? I just want to get an opinion I could see how it could crack because where it's cracked is where the leather sort of folds.

Any help will be appreciated. I'm thinking about taking it back to "get it fixed" or "see what they say" but it's far so I probably won't be able to do it for awhile.

Thanks!

20140310_155942[1].jpg

2. I don't have sealant cracks on either of my two Alexas but my Plum sealant has actually started to peel away in some places. I can't say it bothers me but I'm not someone who wants their bags to stay pristine. It also started only a few weeks after getting her brand new but it's just not concerned me and hasn't had an adverse effect on the bag either. I can't see how the sealant cracks would affect the bag but if it really bothers you then that will affect how you use the bag so you should speak to Mulberry to see if they can fix it for you.

3. Ouch. I was contemplating on getting the Oxblood Shrunken Calf Alexa. Aside from the sealant cracks, how do you like her?

4. I have this bag too, and am so in love with her, my other barely get a look in. I have just checked mine, and there is no cracking on mine at all if that helps?

I have quite a few lexis and this is by far the best leather and colour combo. I know mulberry doesn't have any left though :sad:

Hannah

5. Thanks I went back to get it fixed and the girl was so surprised it happened she assured me that she will get turnip seal it twice so that it won't happen again and told me ways to prevent it. She also gave me her personal number to txt her if i need anything. I feel a bit sad I won't be able to use it for a month now though.

6. I had this happen on one of my Alexa's that had hardly had any use and was still within warranty. I posted it back and they re-inked it, I've never had a problem since.

Sure she will be fine , you were just unlucky and good you caught it then