Alcohol on Chanel?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey everyone
    (I tried to search this topic but couldn't find anything so sorry if this has been posted before)

My newly purchased vintage black lambskin flap will be getting her first night out in a couple of days.

As much as I'd like to hope it wouldn't happen what should I do if alcohol gets spilled on it? Will it stain the black leather?

Thanks!

2. I dont think so.... if you wipe it immediately ofcourse! :smile:

3. Wipe immediately and it should be fine though lambskin shows water stains the easiest. Have had liquor spilled on my distressed calf reissue and it was fine :biggrin:

4. I wouldn't take a lambskin flap to a club or bar. JMO.

5. I agree. It's not really a "partying" bag, IMO. That's just me though. Others, I'm sure, feel differently.

6. ^That too!

7. Thanks for the advice everyone :smile:

The place im going on thursday night is a fairly 'chill' place so I'm sure nothing will happen, but if it does...that bags never leaving the house again :P haha

8. if it's clear alcohol, I'm almost sure nothing will happen, because alcohol evaporates so fast it doesn't have time to stain. If it has sugar or coloring in it though, I'd be very worried.
    Why don't you put a protectant on it first? like the ones that lovinmybags sells, or the apple care ones? I use the LMB ones.

9. I used to have a black cambon pochette that I took clubbing and I did not have any problems with it. Just be sure to wipe it quickly and it should be fine.