Alana purses marking?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, I just bought two Alana purses over the phone (a black one and a chocolate one, one of which I will return when I decide which I prefer) and the SA said that it will mark. She said due to the function of the purse and that it will be in a bag with other items, that it will mark. Also due to the nature of the darwin leather it will also mark.

I was almost tempted to not buy them, but she went to the trouble of picking out the best chocolate one. I also want to touch and feel for myself to make sure I don't want them (like that will happen!)

I have a bag made of chocolate darwin leather that has never marked. I use it quite a lot. It's a year and a half old. I've never treated with this collonil or anything either.

Has anybody else with an alana purse experienced it marking. Surely Mulberry can't sell purses for £100's of pounds that WILL mark?

Thanks

2. Darwin leather does mark though, maybe thats what the SA was trying to say, as a lot of people might not know about darwin leather and how it changes in time...

3. I haven't bothered to collonil my choccy Alana purse, iI use it as my everyday purse and t's still looking pristine but I am not too worried if it does get a bit battered and marked because I think it will look good like that. I can't imagine that marks would be very noiceable anyway as it's such a dark brown. If I were you I'd just Collonil it though, if it worries you :smile:

4. How does the darwin leather change over time? I have a tyler made of dark chocolate darwin leather and over the last year and a half it hasn't marked or changed. Should I be treating it with collonli?

Can't wait for my alana's to arrive. SA said she would post tomorrow and it should arrive tues/weds...

goldfinch - i really admire your collection. These purses mark my 3rd and 4th mulberry purchase.

5. Darwin develops a patina over time. None of my bags have yet (they havent been out enough!) but there are some lovely pictures around here somewhere of bags which have developed a great patina with age.