Airport Security mistreated my Epi Speedy

Sorry to hear about your bag!! Thanks for the warning....I'm going to be traveling shortly and the thought of having my LV going through that makes me cringe-I might just buy a LeSportSac and put my LV in it!

I've had that happen to me as well except mine was a monogram Speedy. I remember picking it up from the belt after they x-rayed it and there was a streak of black on the vachetta handles, ughh...made me so angry :cursing:

Yes, I hate going through security. I am a germophobe, so having to put my possessions in bins and on a belt that the bottom of people's shoes have tpuched freaks me out. Then you have to put your bag under your seat or in a dirty overhead bin on the plane. I carry a plastic bag with me to protect my handbag.

Reading about 2 airport horror stories in one day is too much. At this point, I'm not too keen on bringing LV though security anymore. I realize that the holidays are a crazy time to travel and everyone is grouchy and on high alert. It's unfortunate that people and their belongings are mistreated in the security process. It happens to be a cold process whereby people are merely treated like items on a conveyor belt.

Lesson learned for me, don't carry anything too nice through security line. Sad, though, isn't it?

after all those airport-horror-stories i know why i don't travel with designer stuff.

It's a shame, though, isn't it? I mean, Louis Vuitton was originally designed for travel, and here we all are worried about bringing it. I don't have LV suitcases, much as I like them, because I can't imagine checking them. If all of these bad things happen to people's stuff while they're right there watching, imagine what happens to the checked luggage.

oh my! that would've been so traumatic! i have not yet travelled with my LVs so this will put my radar up when it's time to go through those security checks!!! thanks for sharing your experience!!

I do this when I travel. I put my Speedy inside a Longchamp Pliage tote or a Le Sportsac. It saves me the worries going through security/x-ray/conveyor belt. --I've had nice leather bags that got stained with something black going through the conveyor belt plus the security yanking it giving the hardware of my bag scratches.--that was a lessoned learned.

Sorry about your Speedy.

Sorry to hear about your bag!! Thanks for the warning....I'm going to be traveling shortly and the thought of having my LV going through that makes me cringe-I might just buy a LeSportSac and put my LV in it!