Airport anxiety...

LouisVuitton93

Eternal Dreamer
Jan 29, 2009
Hi everyone! Well this is my first thread on tpf and I wanted to discuss something that I hope Im not the only one struggling with.

Next year our class is going on a field trip somewhere in europe:yahoo: (we don't know the exact location yet) and Im hoping to get a Keepall 45 or 55 in monogram macassar for x-mas (if my budget is permitting it:P). But, im scared that something will happen to it, so im very afraid to take it on an airplane. My biggest fear is that I wont be allowed to take it with me on board and that I will have to leave it there, and eventually pick it up at baggage claim, finding it damaged or something. Or that I overpack. Well it that case ill just pay extra I think. But my question is: Do I have anything to worry about? And do some of you have had encounters like that on an airport? ooh and btw if you have had bad experiences at airports, could you please share them?

Thanks !:smile:

55 is the largest of all the Keepalls allowed in the cabin... I've taken my 55 with no problem on multiple airlines so nothing to worry about.
55 is easily allowed on US flights and international. But since you are going to Europe, keep in mind about your travel there. If you are flying any short distances (1 hr or less) some airlines use very small planes, and some dont even have a full size overhead compartment, so your carryon has to fit under the front seat: Keepall 45 at most, and not too stuffed. I have flown numerous times like that, so keep that mind before you go.

Living in Europe - I can confirm that if you are travelling on from one airport in Europe to another airport in Europe that you will need to check with the airline as the restrictions are enforced more and the baggage allowances are not as generous as US airlines it may be too big and some airlines class a HANGBAG as your one item of hand luggage.I'm sorry but they really are that mean.

One other thing, once you get to your destination, how will you be traveling, by bus? If so, there may not be room on the bus for your bag and they may require you to stow it underneath with all the other bags. Also, I assume you will be sharing a room with other students. Can you trust them with your bag? Frankly, for this type of trip, I won't bring such an expensive bag.

One other thing, once you get to your destination, how will you be traveling, by bus? If so, there may not be room on the bus for your bag and they may require you to stow it underneath with all the other bags. Also, I assume you will be sharing a room with other students. Can you trust them with your bag? Frankly, for this type of trip, I won't bring such an expensive bag.

Yeah I guess well be travalling by bus (unfortunately) but still, if I had to leave my bag with all the others on the bus, I wouldn't really mind. But when I have to check it in I get anxious because ive seen on Discovery how those bags are handeled, and its not very good for the bags. And that really is an understatement. As for the students, I only had one unpleasant experience with them 2 years ago and after that nothing. But ill be sharing a room with my best friend so I know I can trust her :smile: And I know its probably not the best choice to bring Louis Vuitton with me on this trip, but without I feel so empty.

@ Aprilmay:
So I guess bringing my Abbesses too will not be such a good idea. However ive never flown within europe so far, only trans-atlantic flights. But thanks for your advice I will call the airlines and ask them about their policy's.

@ tallymia:
Ok then ill definately go for the 45, Cos were not flying first class obviousely so ill be pretty uncomfortable with a bag sticking half between my legs. but thanks, it has been very helpfull ;)