Airplane travel with Tods restyled d-bag. Is there room?

swezfamily

O.G.
Dec 18, 2008
I just received my Tods restyled d-bag media shopping tote in black pebbled patent leather that I ordered from eluxury for a great price: $868 (no tax and free shipping) on sale from $1550. The bag is beautiful, but much bigger than I thought it would be. I had planned on using it on a trip I'm taking in a couple of weeks, but I don't think it will fit by my feet on the plane and I wouldn't want to risk things falling out of the open top if I place in the overhead compartment. Has anyone flown with this bag and what do you do with it during the flight?

LT bag lady

MASTER ENABLER
Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
I know this is going to sound really anal :nuts:, but I am; so I here it goes...
Take your dust bag with you folded nicely in your bag and just place your bag in the dust bag and store in the overhead...

I do this if I am traveling with a nice bag. I also do this with a comfy pair of TODS driving shoes I wear on the plane:shrugs:.

Congrats on a great bag!!!
Post pictures on the http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/tods-lover-thread-ii-287505-33.html

It's the TODS lover thread.

Cheers,

I just received my Tods restyled d-bag media shopping tote in black pebbled patent leather that I ordered from eluxury for a great price: $868 (no tax and free shipping) on sale from $1550. The bag is beautiful, but much bigger than I thought it would be. I had planned on using it on a trip I'm taking in a couple of weeks, but I don't think it will fit by my feet on the plane and I wouldn't want to risk things falling out of the open top if I place in the overhead compartment. Has anyone flown with this bag and what do you do with it during the flight?

TJNEscada

O.G.
Apr 8, 2008
ShoeTown
What a great idea!! I took my Tod's restyled D media (dark red patent leather) on a plane as a carry on for the first time in April, I put it under the seat in front. I have to admit, it fit fine in that spot, but I wasn't thrilled about putting it on the floor. The sleeper bag goes with me next time!