Airline Policy With Luggage...

mtheriault6

Oct 21, 2008
Hello everyone, as a gift for doing dual enrollemetn, (Do high school classes at college and get college and high school credit allowing you to graduate from HS with your AA) I Got a Alzer for a gift!!! :yahoo: now the question... i have all LV luggage but if i fly... what if my baby gets damaged or lost or stolen, will the airline do anything?? and i hope so because i cant carry it on board and i dont want it to be an unused piece of luggage, cause she is beautiful... TIA :smile:

If you get insurance, they will reimburse you. Be careful though, the airline people might damage it. I've seen, and known people who've been a victim of it ;)

Have fun traveling!

Yes in my picture the knockoffs are the cherry blossom collection, (my brother bought me them and when i was taking the picture he wanted them included so i added those in) but i do not think that they would make a fake alzer? but my alzer is not new it is deffinetly a vintage piece! my parents found it on consignment website through my aunt i believe, but thank you for looking, and thank you everyone else for your help!

sry, but is it authentic? i just looked at your photo album and quite a few of your items are not authentic

i dont think bags can go over luggage because of security? ill check it out on the airline website or ill call the airport, posh spice got 5 Lv suitcases stolen and got a 100,000.00 settlement check

Expect it to get damaged or be handled roughly, it's luggage. Doubt you can use an outer bag since TSA has to be able to search it and you can probably expect LV luggage to be searched. I know so many people that have had seemingly small insignificant items stolen from their luggage. You will probably need to get additional insurance if you want to cover the cost of your LV luggage - the airlines policy I'm sure will not be enough.

OP didn't you just state in another thread you're only 15yrs old and were looking for advice on your first LV piece? Now you have ALL LV luggage?
*sorry confused*

I wouldn't use it with the airlines, keepalls and carryalls (okay) cause you can bring them on. Save the hardcase for car trips/weekends away.

Congrats on the Alzer, it's a great hard travel piece, but well worth the weight lol. But i only travel w/carry on like Pegase or keepall. Too many horror stories about stolen luggage regardless the brand, don't want to be another victim.

I was thinking of getting LV luggage for the same reason that you were but I was too scared that the airlines will mess up the bag, which I'm 100% sure they will. They usually toss the bags without real care so I doubt they will use extra caution for an LV bag.

I purchased a keepall 55 for that same reason. It is accepted as a carryon but pretty much every airline that I have looked into so you shouldn't have a problem if you go that route as well.