Airfare deals - ends tonight [July 8]

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Excerpts from Chicago Sun Times:

Low-cost carrier Southwest Airlines launched a two-day fare sale Tuesday, listing trips as low as $30, which competitors quickly matched.
    The sale, covering all of the carrier's routes, is good for travel from Sept. 9 through Nov. 18. Rates are $30 each way for flights as far as 400 miles, $60 for 400 to 750 miles and $90 for more than 750 miles.
    Southwest made the move to boost the traditionally saggy season that falls between summer and the winter holidays.
    United Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines Inc., JetBlue Airways Corp. and US Airways Group Inc. matched the offers on competing routes.

www.southwest.com

2. I booked flights to new York and Seattle, very good deal

3. #3 Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    i tried booking from lax to sfo for 2 the fare came out to $300??

4. I booked SJC-LAS for ~$80 RT and SJC-SEA for ~$140 RT. This is a great deal!!

5. Wow! Congrats on the great deals. Wish I could go somewhere during that time, too bad I have school.

6. I am bummed I missed this!

7. You could always check the competitors - IDK if they only lowered the prices for the two days as well or not.

8. Thanks for posting!

9. Much appreciated. Thanks for sharing. :happydance: