AI Winner Crystal Bowersox Gets Married on 10/10/10!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have to admit, she cleans up good and looks gorgeous - her headpiece is totally in character with who she is -- can't wait to see this wee's People!

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2010/10/13/crystal-bowersox-wedding-dress-and-ring-details-revealed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+people%2Fstylewatch%2Fofftherack+%28PEOPLE.com%3A+Style+Watch+-+Off+The+Rack%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

Crystal Bowersox’s Wedding Dress and Ring Details Revealed

[​IMG]

When Crystal Bowersox announced her engagement to fellow musician and longtime friend Brian Walker last month, she promised to be anything but the typical bridezilla — and from her unique earth-friendly dress to her diamond-free wedding ring, the season 9 American Idol runner-up seems to have stayed true to her word. The bride wore an organic, hemp and cotton wedding gown from Vermont designer Tara Lynn to exchange her vows on Sunday at the Chicago café where she first met Walker six years ago, saying ‘I do’ with a 1.1-carat princess cut ruby ring designed by Walker and crafted by Chicago’s Traci Coughlin and Steve Quick Jewelers. “There are no diamonds to be found as we don’t believe in the violence and injustice that occurs within the diamond trade industry,” Bowersox tells PEOPLE. “Both rings feature the masonry symbol, an infinity 8, and the Sanskrit symbol for the sound ‘om’ and a personal design that for us represents three: Brian, Crystal, and Tony.” As for her one of a kind wedding dress? “The gown is a simple princess line with an open back; a machine-knit hemp twine strap crisscrosses in back,” says designer, Tara Lynn. And new bride Bowersox couldn’t have been more pleased with the results. “I gave Tara Lynn the base ideas of what I wanted, and in three weeks, she created a beautiful gown made of hemp and cotton, with a handmade macramé and bead sunflower design on the front,” Crystal tells PEOPLE. “The train of the dress is a handmade design of hemp twine, sea shells, and beads, some of which came from pieces of sentimental jewelry.” Read more details on Crystal’s intimate Chicago wedding in the current issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday.

Attached Files:

2. I'm confused....I didn't keep up with her after the show ended. Didn't she break up with her boyfriend right before the finale? Is this the same guy?

3. #3 Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
    :nogood: - diff guy!!
    (and my bad -- the title should say "AI Runner-Up" not winner
    I let my fingers get ahead of my brain!!!:shame:smile:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1648714/20100925/story.jhtml

Crystal Bowersox Is Engaged
    'American Idol' runner-up will marry boyfriend Brian Walker.

Season-nine "American Idol" runner-up Crystal Bowersox is heading down the aisle. The singer's rep confirmed to People that she's set to swap vows with her musician beau Brian Walker in October.

The impending nuptials come just months after Bowersox broke up with her longtime boyfriend Tony Kusian in the hours before her final "American Idol" performance. The singer explained that her bourgeoning fame wedged the couple apart. Both agreed that Kusian, who helped raise her toddler son, would prefer a low-key lifestyle.

"He's a small-town guy and that's fine," she told "Idol" host Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS-FM radio program. "I'm a small-town girl, but I want this. I want this more than anything — this career, this lifestyle. I didn't think he was up for it. He didn't think he was up for it."

In addition to her upcoming wedding, Bowersox has been working on her major-label debut on 19 Recordings Limited and Jive. The earthy singer inked a contract within a day of the season-nine "Idol" finale but she has recently voiced her issues with her mainstream deal.

"Just frustrated with the politics of the industry. Not just jive just dissapointing how the industry has changed," Bowersox tweeted on Thursday. "Every1s hands are tied."

However, she didn't appear to let the music industry politics get her down, later adding, "regardless, im having the time of my life," before revealing she was recording "Farmer's Daughter."

"Thanks for all of the support, guys," Bowersox wrote to her Twitter followers. "I have more freedom than most signed artists, so imma stop complaining. I love what I do. I am blessed."

4. Thanks for the update! I loved her!

5. I loved her too and wish she had won. I'm glad she is happy and is staying true to herself. Good luck in the future MamaSox!!!