Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

Isn’t that just the way things go sometimes, Mariapia? :facepalm:

I’ve had my share of bags that I rarely used and would’ve been willing to lend. :angel:

But no one ever took me up on the offer. :pout:

If it’s any consolation, though they’re not as attractive as your beige bag, they too live in the recesses of my closet(s) waiting for an opportunity that will probably never come. :nogood:

But even though I don’t use them, they still have a purpose. Every time I feel tempted by similar bags, I take the ones I never wear out of the closet to make sure I don’t make the same mistake again. :noggin:
I have learnt my lesson, Fim.:sad::sad:

Reactions: Fimpagebag
Anchovy, caper and black olives.
Pineapple and bacon. (All Italians out there forgive me.)
Tuna and onions.

You’re a girl after my heart when it comes to pizza, Ludmilla! :happydance:

My favorite pizza toppings:

Mushrooms, onions, spinach, and ricotta

Pineapple, teriyaki chicken, peppers, and soy sauce

Crab and cream cheese

Your stories, Fim. :lol:
Seriously, write a book!!! :smile:
I am also totally intrigued by the idea of the voodoo funeral bag and the ice cream.

That settles it, Ludmilla. :idea:

Henceforth the PN bag will be known as “the voodoo funeral bag.” :roflmfao:

Last edited:
Happy Saturday, Mariapia! :flowers:

I think we all (at one time or another) have succumbed to the lure of white leather sneakers. :girlsigh:

It was like walking on air the first time I wore mine. :angel:

Swiftly thudding back to earth as soon as I got home. :hysteric:

I know well worn white sneakers are considered de rigueur in the same way as frayed and shredded jeans.

But neither fashion works for me unless I’m out in the yard frantically clearing the way for my DH’s onslaught on his venerable riding lawnmower. :olympics:
I feel the same way. I'm too old to adopt every latest fashion trend. What attracted me to these sneakers in the first place was how glowing white they were, so I want to preserve that look.

When I was in high school, we wore white canvas sneakers. Some people got the bright idea to use white shoe polish on the canvas to keep them perfectly white.

I feel the same way. I'm too old to adopt every latest fashion trend. What attracted me to these sneakers in the first place was how glowing white they were, so I want to preserve that look.

When I was in high school, we wore white canvas sneakers. Some people got the bright idea to use white shoe polish on the canvas to keep them perfectly white.

Oh how well I remember that white shoe polish, whateve! :throwup:

I never take it out.... It’s difficult to get in and out of :sad:
I bought it from a consignment store a long time ago....
It’s perfect for a wedding though .
Here is a pic of the bag that never visited Australia...View attachment 5084508
Your beige bag is a … Dior!:eek::nuts:
Your friend was probably scared to ruin it or loose it during the flight.

I do see that it might be difficult to wear it, though. :sad: One of those pretty bags that are easier to look at than actually wear them. :sad:
(The white sneakers of bags so to speak.)

Your beige bag is a … Dior!:eek::nuts:
Your friend was probably scared to ruin it or loose it during the flight.

I do see that it might be difficult to wear it, though. :sad: One of those pretty bags that are easier to look at than actually wear them. :sad:
(The white sneakers of bags so to speak.)
The brand was never mentioned in the conversation, Ludmilla, and I am not sure she recognized it as she isn’t interested in bags at all.
The same thing had happened, a few years before, when she had to go to Scotland in the middle of winter.
I offered to lend her one of my warmest coats with the same result...:sad::sad:

The brand was never mentioned in the conversation, Ludmilla, and I am not sure she recognized it as she isn’t interested in bags at all.
The same thing had happened, a few years before, when she had to go to Scotland in the middle of winter.
I offered to lend her one of my warmest coats with the same result...:sad::sad:

Some people are just like that, Mariapia. :yes:

And I have to admit I’m one of them. Whenever anyone has offered to lend me anything, I immediately envision the worst case scenario. :panic: