Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

Good morning, fellow Islanders! :beach:

With my unexpected windfall from the sale of my Chloe, I’ve decided to embark on a quest to revisit bags I’d once owned. :thinking:

One in particular has caught my eye. Try as I might, I couldn’t remember why I’d gotten rid of it in the past. :confused1:

Then I remembered. :idea:

It was a bag I’d lent to the college’s annual fashion show that had mysteriously disappeared after the event. :pout:

The professor overseeing the event had apologized profusely, offering to reimburse me for the cost of the bag. :sweatdrop:

As I now recall, I’d refused his offer explaining that despite the bag’s appearance, it was a faux leather dupe that had cost me next to nothing. :angel:

Fast forward to today, and a bag exactly like it has made an appearance on eBay! :happydance:

Perhaps too coincidentally, the bag on eBay has the same tiny spot on the back of the bag reminiscent of the infinitesimal drop of duck sauce I’d dripped on my bag long ago at my favorite Chinese buffet. :sneaky:

The location of the seller also bore similar scrutiny. :search:

At the community college where I’d worked, many of our Fashion Management students hailed from the same area as the seller. :whistle:

All that being said, I know only one way to confirm my suspicions. :rolleyes:

I’ve bought the bag. :giggle:
This is awesome!

Happy Thursday, Ludmilla! :wave:

It’s hard to say exactly why, but I am (and always have been) utterly smitten with this bag. :drool:

Every aspect works together to strike that perfect balance we search for, and so rarely find in a bag. :cloud9:

All that being said, I would cheerfully dispatch my bag ninjas to your door if I could. :sneaky:

Unfortunately, the drunken lot has decided to celebrate Cinco de Mayo early this year and are in no condition to travel. :facepalm:

One of the things I’ve noticed while looking for bags on eBay is the willingness of buyers to believe what they want to believe.

That somehow a wreck of a luxury designer bag isn’t as described.

Or that it’s somehow the seller’s fault for truthfully listing all the bag’s obvious flaws.

Case in point: a BV that had obviously been in the proximity of a wood chipper was being sold “in need of repair.”

Actually what the poor thing needed was to be put out of its misery.

Instead someone bought it, only to complain bitterly later on.

One of the things I’ve noticed while looking for bags on eBay is the willingness of buyers to believe what they want to believe.

Or that it’s somehow the seller’s fault for truthfully listing all the bag’s obvious flaws.

Case in point: a BV that had obviously been in the proximity of a wood chipper was being sold “in need of repair.”

Oh my goodness!
I’ve noticed on many resale sites there are bags not fit for sale at all, but because they are “designer” they command prices not fit for condition. I just shake my head.

You’re right, Fim.
But some ladies buy this kind of bag, thinking they will be able to repair it....
I have seen « before » and « after » pics in some threads here.
Yet, I don’t know how a woven leather BV can be repaired.:no::no:
In my opinion, it’s just impossible...

You’re right, Fim.
But some ladies buy this kind of bag, thinking they will be able to repair it....
I have seen « before » and « after » pics in some threads here.
Yet, I don’t know how a woven leather BV can be repaired.:no::no:
In my opinion, it’s just impossible...

I think so too, Mariapia. :yes:

When it comes to luxury designer bags, I think the most successful repairs/restorations are best when left in the hands of that brand’s professionals. :speedy:

Which might not always be an option for preowned bags lacking the proper provenance. :rtr:

So my advice would be before anyone spends an exorbitant amount for a preowned luxury designer bag, they ask for the necessary provenance should they need the bag repaired. :smartass: