Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

Your new bag is beautiful, and congrats on the anniversary! And what a sweet DH! I have actually learned my own DH is very supportive of me having "good work bags" as he thinks it is important to help me do my job, but I have not figured out how to convince him every bag I want or have is a "good work bag" LOL.

I am part of the "two bags to work" club too! I used to carry a great organized nylon Lug Windjammer Tote as my second bag, and was always very resistant to a "real tote" but very recently added a Le Pliage (my first LC and I am hooked, why did it take me so long to realize how amazing these bags are?) and found this lovely all leather but light Vince Camuto last week. It was on clearance at Winners for $55 CAD! Not as gorgeous as yours, but I am pleased with it - especially surprising as I have always been rather against open tops. This one is sooo smushy though I kind of forget it has an open top.

View attachment 3770675
Wow !:loveeyes:
What a lovely find, RayKay!

Wow !:loveeyes:
What a lovely find, RayKay!

Thank you! I had seen it there when it was still at $149 but I did not want to spend that much on a tote as I had already been a bit too splurgey this year on the Coach SAS, but when I rediscovered it hidden in clearance I grabbed it and held on tight!

My Winners is usually a miss for bags, especially once you get to the clearance section, but sometimes I find some hidden gems as I think people here don't always know what they are looking at. I got my Le Pliage there too for 40% off retail; the other Longchamps that were also there three-four weeks ago (three Neos, an XL travel tote, a large extendable travel tote) are all still there as of yesterday so I would not be surprised if they hit clearance at some point. I think people here would rather pay $40 for the Roots "Longchamp inspired" bag three hooks down, than $119 for the actual Longchamp, though it is hard to find the latter on sale here (and exchange rates, shipping, and duties ruin any "deals" from US sites).

We have a Marshalls opening here next month so that will maybe increase my selection a little!

No AC? Sounds very unpleasant.
Why not?
It's just not common in G. Most buildings (private and office buildings) do not have air condition. The newer ones (built over the last 10 years) probably yes, all the others no.
Well, and the trains are just too old for AC. The new ones (all of them) have one. We are waiting since 2015 for new trains on our route. :P

Your new bag is beautiful, and congrats on the anniversary! And what a sweet DH! I have actually learned my own DH is very supportive of me having "good work bags" as he thinks it is important to help me do my job, but I have not figured out how to convince him every bag I want or have is a "good work bag" LOL.

I am part of the "two bags to work" club too! I used to carry a great organized nylon Lug Windjammer Tote as my second bag, and was always very resistant to a "real tote" but very recently added a Le Pliage (my first LC and I am hooked, why did it take me so long to realize how amazing these bags are?) and found this lovely all leather but light Vince Camuto last week. It was on clearance at Winners for $55 CAD! Not as gorgeous as yours, but I am pleased with it - especially surprising as I have always been rather against open tops. This one is sooo smushy though I kind of forget it has an open top.

View attachment 3770675
This is a very pretty bag! At a great price!

Reactions: RayKay
Thank you! I had seen it there when it was still at $149 but I did not want to spend that much on a tote as I had already been a bit too splurgey this year on the Coach SAS, but when I rediscovered it hidden in clearance I grabbed it and held on tight!

My Winners is usually a miss for bags, especially once you get to the clearance section, but sometimes I find some hidden gems as I think people here don't always know what they are looking at. I got my Le Pliage there too for 40% off retail; the other Longchamps that were also there three-four weeks ago (three Neos, an XL travel tote, a large extendable travel tote) are all still there as of yesterday so I would not be surprised if they hit clearance at some point. I think people here would rather pay $40 for the Roots "Longchamp inspired" bag three hooks down, than $119 for the actual Longchamp, though it is hard to find the latter on sale here (and exchange rates, shipping, and duties ruin any "deals" from US sites).

We have a Marshalls opening here next month so that will maybe increase my selection a little!
We don't have this kind of places around here but we used to have a great market where I found very expensive jeans ( like Notify)for €10 because no one was interested in a brand they had never heard about...

View attachment 3770675

Thank you for your kind words, RayKay. And congratulations on your new tote! A Vince Camuto at that price is a real steal! Really loving the color and laser cut leather. Well done! :tup::tup:

image.jpeg
Charles et Charlus is a French brand. All their bags are made in France.
I had seen another bag on Berthille website ...
But no, no more bags....I have too many and no room for all of them...
As some ladies say... I am rowing to Ban Island...and not looking back....:panic:

Never fear, Mariapia, you will not be alone! Given my circumstances, I have a a small but comfortable outpost on Ban Island. Row over and I'll have a tray of cocktails at the ready! :giggle: