Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

No, I am not buying anything this week, but one of my friends who loves to go to flea markets has sold one of my old bags.
What is a colour guard, @Murphy47?

Color Guard are the people you see carrying flags at the beginning or end of a parade.
During football season in America they are part of the half-time show.
They spin and twirl and do tricks with their flags.
Sometimes they have rifles(dummies) or sabers(not sharpened) they also do tricks with.
IMG_1500386031.930077.jpg
Here's a pic of the band and Guard just to give you an idea.

Reactions: Mariapia
Color Guard are the people you see carrying flags at the beginning or end of a parade.
During football season in America they are part of the half-time show.
They spin and twirl and do tricks with their flags.
Sometimes they have rifles(dummies) or sabers(not sharpened) they also do tricks with.
View attachment 3767102
Here's a pic of the band and Guard just to give you an idea.
Ah thank you. This looks cool. Has she done anything like that before? I remember that you were busy watching competitions at highschool, but I thought that she was playing in the band. Did I mix that up?

Hunting is the best part...:cool:

Indeed it is, Mariapia! My DH and I were out shopping when we stopped by one of my former favorite retailers. (Given its array of two of my favorite bag brands, I had been virtuously avoiding temptation.) :angel:

Long story short, my DH pointed out that I was still using the same black $10 insulated tote I'd bought at Walmart's a year and a half ago as my daily work tote. :sick:

He also reminded me that next week is our 39th wedding anniversary. In a word, he said I was due for the work tote I'd always lusted for, but had refused to justify the expense. :-s

And so, here she is. My Patricia Nash Benvenuto Tote. :yahoo: **

** (and, not to be forsaken for its faithful service, my tired and true Walmart's tote fits perfectly inside my new beauty! :giggle:)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Indeed it is, Mariapia! My DH and I were out shopping when we stopped by one of my former favorite retailers. (Given its array of two of my favorite bag brands, I had been virtuously avoiding temptation.) :angel:

Long story short, my DH pointed out that I was still using the same black $10 insulated tote I'd bought at Walmart's a year and a half ago as my daily work tote. :sick:

He also reminded me that next week is our 39th wedding anniversary. In a word, he said I was due for the work tote I'd always lusted for, but had refused to justify the expense. :-s

** (and, not to be forsaken for its faithful service, my tired and true Walmart's tote fits perfectly inside my new beauty! :giggle:)
Love love the new tote!! Dh is such a sweet one Fim.

Oooooh! I love your new tote, Fim! And it is so sweet of your DH to point out that you absolutely needed that bag. :smile:

Reactions: vink

Wow, Fim!
What a lovely tote in such a beautiful colour!
Your DH spoke the right words. :tup:
You are going to enjoy your new bag. Do you know that Benvenuto means Welcome in Italian?
Quite a symbol!:yahoo:

Oooooh! I love your new tote, Fim! And it is so sweet of your DH to point out that you absolutely needed that bag. :smile:

Thank you, Ludmilla. My job at the college requires me to haul any number of both practical and esoteric items to work each day. I also refuse to pay the ridiculous prices at the college cafeteria or risk the uncertainties of the canteen's vending machines.

So along with the items I might need on any given day at the lab, I also pack my own cold drinks, yogurt, and occasional treat to share with my fellow lab techs.

What fun it will be this morning to fill my new tote and literally "carry" the day! :smartass: