Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

attractively priced :
Gianfranco Ferré

img_20190216_112304-crop-jpg.4343247

Lovely strap! I will have to look into that.
Did anyone see this article in NYT about purse straps:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/16/style/clogs-no-6-moms.html

The company that makes the mentioned straps, Salt, appears to be chronically sold out of them:
https://www.shoppesalt.com/collections/frontpage

One reason I like them is that they remind me of guitar straps. I'm also tired of my purse straps flopping around as I move. Gotta buy one of these.

Man brought some home. Also free helium balloons--which dog is eyeing suspiciously.
View attachment 4343378
I may need to start shoveling candy...:hrmm:
Usually, he hits post-valentine discounted flowers, which I prefer.

Ah, reminds me. Was asked to do glucose/cholesterol screening. :biggrin:

https://www.pbs.org/the-great-american-read/books/#/
Was last summer. PBS eeked-out tv series.
Mainly, was list libraries could distribute--encourage reading "great" works.

After suffering through Ready Player
One
& a few others on list, my "wtf is this garbage?!" circuit kicked in.
And I gave up.:huh:

Once lived where saw ravens.
Loved their curvier beaks, with hair covering top part. So weird.
Also saw some in London. Those regal guardians scavenged through rubbish bins for shiny wrappers.:doh:

I devote much of travel to seeing new & unusual birds.:blush:

:lol:I could not take it on commercial airplane.
Though they allow deadly nail clippers & vicious perfume bottles, sealed in duty-free baggies. :graucho:

Cute picture! When I was checking out of the grocery store yesterday a lady had six huge bunches of sale V-Day flowers. They were gorgeous. I hope she put them all in one big vase for herself.

Favorite memory of cycling is riding past farm fields and hearing calls of red-winged blackbirds amid the hum of bugs.

Thanks for warning about Ready Player One. That was about the only book I hadn't read (or even heard of) on that whole tortuous list. I thought...Hmm...must read that one. Thank you for the warning!

I wonder if that list wasn't put together in consultation with publishers, asking which books they had a lot of copies on hand to sell.

I like crows, too! :smile: Probably my favorite birds - together with parrots. I guess crows are the parrots of the cold lands. ;)

They had some cool reading places the first round. Like an old brickstone factory or one of our towers of the city wall. Problem: a small town has only a few interesting places. So the reading places became less cool in the following rounds. Like school cantine :huh:, kindergarten and yet abother school hall :-s.
Not sure what they did last year as I was not at home.

I love parrots too! But I always get the sense that they are much smarter and more capable than I am which is probably why I've never had a parrot. It would be running the house before long.

I think readings in schools would be fun. They always amuse me. Everything looks so tiny! Was I really that small at one time? :shocked:

Thank you for the bird pictures! You really have lovely birds in your part of the world.

Had dog who loved cheese. However, she was lactose intolerant. Not pretty.
Loved pix of birds. I always find weird and unusual birds wherever I go.
Found only one small bag of leftovers valentines candy. Not my fav so easy to resist. Hubbie found Girl Scout cookie stand today and spent all our cash. Guess why I’m having for dinner? Lol.
Went to Apple for some AirPods. Snarky young thing tried to cut in line. I said “ excuse me, I was here first” she WENT OFF cussing at me until her shopping companion drug her out of the store.
Nice to get out and walk around a bit since I have been fairly housebound for a week.

So glad you're feeling better, Murphy! :flowers:

I find Apple stores exasperating. Why am I supposed to just stand there in the crowd looking bewildered and annoyed, clutching my purchase hoping that some young person with headphones will spot me and come ring up the sale? Why isn't there a checkout? :confused1: :annoyed: I always feel like someone should come out to organize the crowd.

People have been posting notes about Girl Scout cookies all weekend on the neighborhood forum. It has been hard to control myself and not order five boxes of every flavor. From every daughter of every neighbor selling cookies. :hrmm:

I hope everyone is having a fun weekend.

I took DH shopping for shoes, then we watched "Creature from the Black Lagoon" and ate pizza. My idea of paradise.

Went to Apple for some AirPods. Snarky young thing tried to cut in line. I said “ excuse me, I was here first” she WENT OFF cussing at me until her shopping companion drug her out of the store.
Sorry so rough, 1st time out of house.:sad:
But, hey...apple store.
Seriously, EVERY TIME I walk by one--people are inside arguing, screaming. Sometimes are outside, pounding window & screaming at someone inside.
It's f***ing nuts.:wtf:
My life needs none of it.
Favorite memory of cycling is riding past farm fields and hearing calls of red-winged blackbirds amid the hum of bugs.
:girlsigh:Nice!
I love speeding down hills on bicycle.
The rush through my senses.

Bird memories are many--probably pukeko pecking toe, then displaying for my bright fuschia sandal, was right up there.
Several Japanese tourists captured moment on video.:blush:
Thanks for warning about Ready Player One
If you did nothing but play video games through life, the references will connect.
Otherwise, tedious dreck.
I wonder if that list wasn't put together in consultation with publishers, asking which books they had a lot of copies on hand to sell.
As Lord of the Flies was NOT on list, but A Confederacy of Dunces & The Hunger Games were--I suspect similar.:hrmm:

Reactions: Ludmilla
Som snow expect d tomorrow. While I hate winter and the cold weather I do love how pretty snow looks when it first falls and covers everything. I kept my solar lights up on the patio and yard area so at night it looks beautifu out there.

Just received 5 pieces of Banana Republic suit separates for my daughter that I bought from eBay. Some new with tags for cheap prices..... She got a few pieces from the store so we got her sizes right and then I decided to buy some extras for her. So she is set with her first business career wardrobe as she searches for a internship job. I think this may be her go to store for business clothing. I was surprised Macy’s didn’t have anything that works out in her search.
Then for me ai hit The Loft in-line sale last week which had a extra 40% off sale prices, so I bought a few dressier tops which I could pair with leggings and jeans. A few days later the discount went to 70% off sale/markdown prices so I bought about 12 more tops... but with prices as low as $3.00 I feel I have a pretty nice selection of tops now and I bought a winter parka coat for 30 something. Also spend about $40.00 after discounts for some beautiful jewelry for my daughter for her birthday. I am. It a mall store person, shops online and have more of a simple uniform look. Trying to simplify my life with less is more. But the new shirts kind of got me out of my comfort zone into a bit more color and some prints which might be a nice change.

Had my hair cut into a pixie cut from trying to let it grow out. Was short but long layers and bangs under my nose. I hated it. Tried for months and had a trim three months ago but it just wasn’t me. Then I had my hairdresser bleach it and I am platinum blond. He didn’t put toner in that day because I had all my toners at home and couldn’t decide what color I wanted. I still haven’t done toner and used a purple shampoo and my hair is now a beautiful platinum blond. Will probably do a toner tonight but it is a big change. I have had pixie cuts for well over 20 years and always go back to them no matter even after many months of saying I will grow out to a snort blunt cut.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.