Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

Was encouraged to get hair trim = bribed with coffee & cookie.
"Think I'll grow out my hair," looking bit scruffy, apparently.:blush:
rlx puffer, Xmas cat & cookie.jpg
Bag o' day: NONE:faint:
Spontaneous phone & lip balm in coat pocket launch. Became longer trip.
Kept checking around for bag--as a ghost limb, not there but felt.:huh:

Reactions: Ludmilla
View attachment 3906141

Being bag less is SUCH a weird feeling. But easier on the back.

View attachment 3906141

Being bagless is freeing in a way. When I go to Home Depot or other like stores with dh sometimes I’ll go without my bag and I feel so light.

Being bagless is freeing in a way. When I go to Home Depot or other like stores with dh sometimes I’ll go without my bag and I feel so light.

I would feel really naked.
But am considering it for some Saturday errands.
What is with the trend to bring your dog into stores? Not just service animals either.
Kids running free is annoying enough, but I despise tripping over dog leashes.
I love furry animals but I don’t like shopping with them.

What is with the trend to bring your dog into stores? Not just service animals either.

Agreed. I was told by a vet recently that they are seeing a resurgence of a rare disease because dogs are allowed to visit more and more stores. What’s more annoying is most dogs I come across don’t really care for the shopping experience.

PJs in public... major pep peeve. Topped only by PJs + slippers. And I don’t mean hard soles, I mean cosy fluffy bed side ones.

Tomsmom - don’t think we forgot. Keeping my eye out for that Epi Speedy [emoji4][emoji6]. Secretly stalking this bag on eBay but wondering if i wound ever use it, more of a crossbody girl.

Reactions: remainsilly
Ok, I am trying to keep up.

Epi speedy sought? I'll keep my eyes open. Which size?

PJs for shopping- won't understand that EVER. Though Karl Lagerfeld who stated the controll-loss thing about sweatpants hadn't have THAT trend in mind.

Dogs ins shops: pretty common over here, except for grocery shops.
On the bright side: in Italy a lot of grocery shops do allow pets inside meanwhile. Never forget the weeks I was staying in Noventa di Piave (jobwise, they have an outlet there which made me spend all my earnt money there) and that old cat couple who happened to do their grocery shopping at the same time as I did. They always had that big furry cat with them on their arms. I didn't like that but should have made a pic. It was wired.

I haven’t forgotten to post the new epi speedy just haven’t used her yet :smile:. Today I’m out with my Neverfull. It’s so so cold here!! I get to work early to ensure I get a parking spot, sitting in my car with the heat on, brrr!!!

Agreed. I was told by a vet recently that they are seeing a resurgence of a rare disease because dogs are allowed to visit more and more stores. What’s more annoying is most dogs I come across don’t really care for the shopping experience.

That’s it exactly!
I love dogs and cats. I know all the ones in my neighborhood and say hi daily.
My parents have always had dogs, and I did for 16 years.
But I would never have considered bringing my sweet Maggie to a 2 acre store full of poisons and sharp objects.
Can’t imagine that would be anything but stressful for the doggo

I usually clutch a wallet, with phone inside.
Was bit "naked" feeling!
But, as Tomsmom said, also freeing.:broom:

:angel:I bring along my dog to many stores. And on trips/vacations.
My last dog loved garden centers, selling plants--good smells!
This 1 loves eating pebbles on outdoor patios.:whut:
Bordetella vaccine needed, imo. For social dogs.
Curious, now. Must chat with vet.:thinking:
Unfortunatey, many allow unvaccinated animals to roam public spaces.:mad: Not good. Lazy, self-centered cheapie owners.
They always had that big furry cat with them on their arms. I didn't like that but should have made a pic. It was wired.
Terribly interesting!
Enjoy seeing unusual people & their unusual lives.:coolio:
View attachment 3906489
Here’s the neverfull
View attachment 3906490
And I love this Juicy couture charm, it’s a blue bird over 4 eggs, fitting because I am the mother of 4 :smile:
Love this look.:love:
And charm symbolism = brilliant!
But I would never have considered bringing my sweet Maggie to a 2 acre store full of poisons and sharp objects.
Can’t imagine that would be anything but stressful for the doggo
Training is necessary.
And owners mindful that everyone does not like dogs.
Once dog knows to walk/stay beside owner's cart/trolley, not to pee on items, to ignore other dogs/people, not to fear different noises, etc. = no biggie.
But, agreed. Jerks who bundle their wild, yappy dogs into stores ruin the privilege. Bad/obnoxious examples are noticed more in this world.;)
P.S. Your cat photo, in pets forum, is adorable, Murphy!!!!:hbeat:

Reactions: Ludmilla
I usually clutch a wallet, with phone inside.
Was bit "naked" feeling!
But, as Tomsmom said, also freeing.:broom:

:angel:I bring along my dog to many stores. And on trips/vacations.
My last dog loved garden centers, selling plants--good smells!
This 1 loves eating pebbles on outdoor patios.:whut:

Bordetella vaccine needed, imo. For social dogs.
Curious, now. Must chat with vet.:thinking:
Unfortunatey, many allow unvaccinated animals to roam public spaces.:mad: Not good. Lazy, self-centered cheapie owners.

Terribly interesting!
Enjoy seeing unusual people & their unusual lives.:coolio:

Love this look.:love:
And charm symbolism = brilliant!

Training is necessary.
And owners mindful that everyone does not like dogs.
Once dog knows to walk/stay beside owner's cart/trolley, not to pee on items, to ignore other dogs/people, not to fear different noises, etc. = no biggie.
But, agreed. Jerks who bundle their wild, yappy dogs into stores ruin the privilege. Bad/obnoxious examples are noticed more in this world.;)
P.S. Your cat photo, in pets forum, is adorable, Murphy!!!!:hbeat:

Thanks!
Your precious pooches are probably a blast to shop with!
I much prefer to see folks bring dogs in rather than leave them alone in hot/cold car!!!
As stated, the same people who don’t mind their kids don’t consider the animal when running errands.
Does your dog go on the bike rides? Oldest DD trying to turn cats in to “Adventure Kitties” and they are having none of it.

Does your dog go on the bike rides? Oldest DD trying to turn cats in to “Adventure Kitties” and they are having none of it.
:lol: I once saw a Russian cat circus. At points, cats would refuse to walk ropes or do anything but lick selves.
Showman/trainer explained, "They do not listen always."
Pretty much sums up cat training.

No bike rides for dog.:sad: Have not found good way, yet.
Attaching leash to bike seems dangerous, imo.
Another cyclist I see has kiddie cart, pulled behind. Contains her dog.
My dog is large, & I enjoy speeding wildly=no cart in future.
Still considering options.

Reactions: pianolize
oh hell how long have I been away...

I read that you moved to a big city and started your new job, and I read about horses and Drahtesel and new bags, Halloween, new jobs with 15 min riding distance, snowboards and bikes in balkonies, IKEA... A lot happened here!!

I'll try to appear here more often. FiL hat his 5th (or 6th, can't count any more) stroke and we moved him into guided living, next to our door. Bad thing is, he can't afford living there, so I accepted additional webdesign orders (more money, but working night-shifts. Well, at least I can do that at home where a cofeemachine is on duty 24/7;))) and do the cooking and shopping for him. Cleaning is my husband's duty, so it's a family job. Happy that our doctors over here visit patients at the center so no driving around for that - yai.
Don't missunderstand me, even if it sound silly, that was my biggest rose for 2017, I learnt so much from that situation, it even improved my spending habits, could safe a bunch of money.. So no new bags from me except for a herbag I love deaaaaarly.

DD skipped a year at school again, 7th grade now, 10 years old, I don't like that. Well, let's see how that works out aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand: drumsticks: dog is finally healthy! YEAH.

So, I hope to contribute more often here. Missed all of you!
Welcome back, millivanilli!:hugs::hugs:
View attachment 3906141
I couldn't go out without a bag, remainsilly...I would feel naked and insecure....:panic:
View attachment 3906489
Here’s the neverfull
View attachment 3906490
And I love this Juicy couture charm, it’s a blue bird over 4 eggs, fitting because I am the mother of 4 :smile:
Beautiful LV and charm. Tomsmom!:tup::love:
:lol: I once saw a Russian cat circus. At points, cats would refuse to walk ropes or do anything but lick selves.
Showman/trainer explained, "They do not listen always."
Pretty much sums up cat training.

No bike rides for dog.:sad: Have not found good way, yet.
Attaching leash to bike seems dangerous, imo.
Another cyclist I see has kiddie cart, pulled behind. Contains her dog.
My dog is large, & I enjoy speeding wildly=no cart in future.
Still considering options.
I have seen a documentary about a cat circus.
The owner said that they had several cats ...If one of them refused to "work", they could "use" another one..:smile: