ahhh what's happening with my wallet!

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
I do not forgo the irony of the fact that after how much I tried to protect my wallet.... I see a problem developing. I must have used this wallet for a total of three weeks since february. ALWAYS in its dustbag, always stored empty. I even lined the pockets last week in plastic!!!! Well I was in nordstrom yesterday; I had just moved back into my wallet a couple of days prior (probably have seen my threads throughout the past couple of months about how to protect it and if its too delicate for use. Well in nordstrom I opened teh wallet to pay for a burberry lipstick and to my dismay the inner flap is all discolored! Kind of like how a shirt is bleached! How did this happen?? What do I do?

I'm in a dark room very limited in light sources but I tried my best to show it... I went to lv all the woman said was "wow! I've never seen that before! But I don't really know about leather so let me know if I can show you anything!" .... Really??!?!

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image-2969499602.jpg
    image-2969499602.jpg
    697.8 KB · Views: 1,333
  • image-3887536728.jpg
    image-3887536728.jpg
    699 KB · Views: 1,310
  • image-4171017727.jpg
    image-4171017727.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 1,345
  • image-1253797643.jpg
    image-1253797643.jpg
    678.9 KB · Views: 1,296
  • image-3635017332.jpg
    image-3635017332.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 1,291
LVartgal said:
Oh no.. I'm so sorry to hear that! :sad: .. do you have photos? Was it where you had put the plastic?

I put the plastic in the coin purse and here: so i don't see how the plastic effected the flap in two days- the plastic is the page protector from the tutorial a while back

Attachments

• image-2230823358.jpg
    image-2230823358.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 1,248
  • image-3885816948.jpg
    image-3885816948.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 1,296
That's so weird.. it's all patchy.. it looks like it's on the flap that overlaps the vernis. I'm not that familiar unfortunately with vernis...maybe someone else has an idea. Did LV offer to do anything for you? :sad:

Yeah, it doesn't seem to have been that..since that's in an entirely different area. I recently purchased a wallet (helene) and had thought of lining it with that tutorial as well. It's strange though because it's the area that overlaps the vernis that looks affected. I wonder if it was a defect?

That's so weird.. it's all patchy.. it looks like it's on the flap that overlaps the vernis. I'm not that familiar unfortunately with vernis...maybe someone else has an idea. Did LV offer to do anything for you? :sad:
She just shooed me to come again another day when someone else can help me. Once she realized I wasn't buying anything and was here about an issue it was pretty clear I was not on her priority list.

wow... I have the exact same wallet, but have never had this problem before... Have you tried to wipe it off with the polishing cloth that they give you when you purchase a Vernis piece? Looks like some sort of residue...

We might see this here (in Japan) when there is too much moisture where the items are stored when not in use...

wow... I have the exact same wallet, but have never had this problem before... Have you tried to wipe it off with the polishing cloth that they give you when you purchase a Vernis piece? Looks like some sort of residue...

We might see this here (in Japan) when there is too much moisture where the items are stored when not in use...

I was never given a polishing cloth? Just the dustbag.. Did you get a polish cloth? I did get one for my alma I remember but I only got the tags and the box and the dustbag.

If anything my room is more dry than moisture-y But I tried my best to regulate the temperature so it wasn't too hot and just "room temp" And I always left the box cracked a couple of inches open so the vernis would not dry out while being stored. How has your wallet held up? Do you baby it? How often do you use yours?

LVoeletters said:
I'm in a dark room very limited in light sources but I tried my best to show it... I went to lv all the woman said was "wow! I've never seen that before! But I don't really know about leather so let me know if I can show you anything!" .... Really??!?!

Any suggestions?

I can't see the pictures very well as they won't open on my phone (is it patchy white) if it is what It could be is a fungus growing on the leather the same thing happens to my mums McQueen bag its a problem caused by the tanning process of the leather. It also sometimes shows up on our leather sofa.

Did you use the plastic sheet protectors that they use in binders to save paper? Because I use those plastic page protectors often in binders for my lesson plans and they do release a residue when they aren't able to breath properly! Idk if that's what happened to your wallet but I know it looks similar to what happens to the inside covers of a binder when I use those plastic sheet protectors!

I was never given a polishing cloth? Just the dustbag.. Did you get a polish cloth? I did get one for my alma I remember but I only got the tags and the box and the dustbag.

If anything my room is more dry than moisture-y But I tried my best to regulate the temperature so it wasn't too hot and just "room temp" And I always left the box cracked a couple of inches open so the vernis would not dry out while being stored. How has your wallet held up? Do you baby it? How often do you use yours?

Yes, I have always received a polishing cloth with all of my Vernis pieces. It's made of the same material as the dust cover for the bags/SLGs... I rotate wallets every once in a while... I don't baby my stuff, especially wallets... Maybe try wiping your wallet with the outside of your dust bag and see if there is any difference?

Wipe it with baby wipes to see if it helps. Then go back to LV and demand to see their leather goods manager... So sorry this happened. I have a pomme zippy and this hasn't happened on the interior of my wallet. It looks like a defect...