Agree or disagree?

aspoint_girl

Jul 5, 2006
Hi everyone -

I just saw this quote on the Fashionista.com board -

...That being said ... I still feel like the pointy toe is the natural governing shoe shape and that these periods of round and square will eventually just lead back to the point.

Do you agree or disagree? Personally I think this is true - and I am waiting (as patiently as I can - lol) for the pointy toe period to return.

Andrea

Yes and no, as round and square toes always return, too. Things always go in cycles, so as often as the pointy toe is popular, the round toe is popular just as often.

There is no right or wrong when it comes to preference, of course, and many people strictly stay with one style or the other. That is great because it takes all kinds, but to say that the point is the "natural governing shape" seems rather silly. If anything, the rounded toe is closer to the shape of the natural foot, and so ought to be the default style or "natural governing shape".

I'm not fond of seriously squared toes. It stumps the leg. I like pointed toes as long as it's not the super lengthening kind. A slightly rounded pointed toe is a true classic. Like the CL Decollete. Perfection forever!

I like true 'pointy toes' in moderation. I have one pair of boots like this that I mentally refer to as my 'witchy boots'. Wouldn't want all my shoes this way though - i definitely prefer at least a bit of rounding at the tip, aesthetically.

Yes and no, as round and square toes always return, too. Things always go in cycles, so as often as the pointy toe is popular, the round toe is popular just as often.

Took the words right outta my mouth

There is no right or wrong when it comes to preference, of course, and many people strictly stay with one style or the other. That is great because it takes all kinds, but to say that the point is the "natural governing shape" seems rather silly. If anything, the rounded toe is closer to the shape of the natural foot, and so ought to be the default style or "natural governing shape".

Well said!:yes: