Age limit for wearing jumpsuits?

elizabethtwrs

Nov 27, 2013
Hi ladies,

At what age do you think it's still appropriate to wear jumpsuits to? I am nearing mid-30s, and feel that while jumpsuits are a younger style, I have fallen deeply for a jumpsuit. However it is not cheap and will be my most expensive clothing purchase so far.

I am thinking I could possibly wear this for less
formal weddings, and perhaps some nice brunches. But it is a standout piece and will likely be quite memorable, so i won't be able to wear it too often! Do you think it's worth it to buy something that really makes your heart sing, even though you know there will be limited opportunies to wear it?
IMG_1485236168.059292.jpg

I don't think that for any piece of clothing there is such thing as "age limitation". Thanks Karma, we live in an age when women have more rights than ever, and there is less ageism than before. There are so many cuts and shapes for jumpsuits, so every woman can for herself the one she loves. If I remember correctly, Jane Fonda wore the Versace one at Cannes a few years ago, and she looked absolutely fantastic!
Your jumpsuit looks great, appropriate and I am sure you will rock it :smile:

I agree, there's no age limit for wearing a jumpsuit. And mid-30's is young anyway to me. Your other question about spending a lot on something that you won't wear many times is a different issue. It sounds like you love this jumpsuit. Can you easily afford it? Will you feel badly if you buy it and only wear it a few times? I know I've bought a couple of fairly expensive items that I didn't get much wear out of and I do have some regret about it.

Reactions: dotty8
I can afford it. The only other time I've splurged on an unexpected expensive purchase was an evening gown. I didn't regret it all though even though I haven't worn it much, as I think it's a work of art! There have been plenty other cheaper things I bought which I regret instead :biggrin:

I'm your age & bought a phenomenal navy blue DVF silk romper with a keyhole back two years ago. I wore it a ton more than I expected, it was great for nice brunches, to concerts and for hot summer days, it was so easy breezy. Until the dry cleaner destroyed it (tears!). They offered me a $50 credit for cleanings not anywhere near close to what I paid. I've searched far & wide for a replacement, tried a pink version at Neimans but it was nowhere near as flattering to my skin tone as the blue. One of my "closet items of yore" that I still pine for.

Anyway long story short, I say yay on jumpsuits/rompers if they're made with great materials & fit well. The picture you posted is gorgeous! Love it :heart:

I can afford it. The only other time I've splurged on an unexpected expensive purchase was an evening gown. I didn't regret it all though even though I haven't worn it much, as I think it's a work of art! There have been plenty other cheaper things I bought which I regret instead :biggrin:
If age is your only question go for it. Enjoy :smile:

I love jumpsuits on all ages!!! I don't think there's an age restriction - sure, you'd want a more tailored, classic jumpsuit the older you are (as opposed to things like rompers, etc.) but I think they're gorgeous on any age.

Hi ladies,

At what age do you think it's still appropriate to wear jumpsuits to? I am nearing mid-30s, and feel that while jumpsuits are a younger style, I have fallen deeply for a jumpsuit. However it is not cheap and will be my most expensive clothing purchase so far.

I am thinking I could possibly wear this for less
formal weddings, and perhaps some nice brunches. But it is a standout piece and will likely be quite memorable, so i won't be able to wear it too often! Do you think it's worth it to buy something that really makes your heart sing, even though you know there will be limited opportunies to wear it?
View attachment 3583955

The older I get the more I realise there's less time to lose so I'd better get on and do the things I want to do and wear the things I want to wear. Go for it!

I think jumpsuits look fabulous on anyone as long as they are well cut. This one is a nice cut, covers lots of skin. I don't see why there would be an age barrier.

I'm in agreement with everyone else, no age limit on jumpsuits... or anything else fashion related for that matter, as long as you are comfortable and confident!

That jumpsuit is beautiful!

No age limit. My criteria is If you look good in something, and that something makes you feel good then go for it!
My only age question is "does this make me look older?" It's a matter of what fits your style.
Hey I just bought a romper for the summer, and overalls (cross style between jumpsuit and overalls) with ruffles.
I just don't buy anything too revealing.
I think everyone should buy fashion that's meant for "slightly" younger people (in ok quality though) it's more fun and trendy and then you'd avoid the whole mum/dad style....

Reactions: susieserb