peta_03_672-458_resize.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,419
  • peta_04_672-458_resize.jpg
    peta_04_672-458_resize.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,362
  • peta_05_672-458_resize.jpg
    peta_05_672-458_resize.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,348
The lady clearly is grimed as a crocodile.

I think this is avery nice way of expressing an opinion/opposition as it does not hurt anyone else 's feelings/opinions, and still delivers a strong message.

I'm glad someone posted it! I have the longest dilemma on using animal by-products. I am not an animal activist or vegetarian. But I do love love love animals a lot and I try to eat less meat, but I'm extremely guilty of using leather when I think about the animal has to die/torture because of our wants (not needs), I burst into tears everytime I think about this & feel like I am such a hypocrite for saying I like animals yet I LOVE leather bags especially Hermes. I have thought of quitting this crave but Hermes is so hard to resist.........

I do hope Hermes has some guidelines when choosing leathers from supplier, I don't want animals being tortured and suffer a great deal of pain in order me to have a nice bag..... :crybaby:

That's been my dilema too. Hence why I tend to stay away from exotics just based on the skinning purposes and the fact that in my head, I. Make myself believe that when they use the cow leather they use the rest to make hamburger hehe.xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad someone posted it! I have the longest dilemma on using animal by-products. I am not an animal activist or vegetarian. But I do love love love animals a lot and I try to eat less meat, but I'm extremely guilty of using leather when I think about the animal has to die/torture because of our wants (not needs), I burst into tears everytime I think about this & feel like I am such a hypocrite for saying I like animals yet I LOVE leather bags especially Hermes. I have thought of quitting this crave but Hermes is so hard to resist.........

I do hope Hermes has some guidelines when choosing leathers from supplier, I don't want animals being tortured and suffer a great deal of pain in order me to have a nice bag..... :crybaby:

Ditto. I've heard some horror stories about how snakes are skinned alive and left to die over several days, so I never buy products made from snakeskin. I was planning to buy a gator CDC, but if the crocs/gators are being exposed to equally horrible conditions, guess I'm going to go with leather instead (yes, I know it's totally hypocritical of me)

That's been my dilema too. Hence why I tend to stay away from exotics just based on the skinning purposes and the fact that in my head, I. Make myself believe that when they use the cow leather they use the rest to make hamburger hehe.xxxx

Ditto. I've heard some horror stories about how snakes are skinned alive and left to die over several days, so I never buy products made from snakeskin. I was planning to buy a gator CDC, but if the crocs/gators are being exposed to equally horrible conditions, guess I'm going to go with leather instead (yes, I know it's totally hypocritical of me)

OH So glad I'm not alone. Yes I do justify using cow leather because they would use the meat..... but exotics, I feel they die for the purpose of making luxurious items only is what makes me don't want to get into this hobby. Although I have a python, and sweetlove after seeing what you said about exposing them until they die is too terrifying and sad. They should have at least a little bit of decency to end its life without making them to suffer anymore

First of all thanks for sharing ... I’m also a lover for all things Hermes… but Peta does shed light on the issue of animal skinning…. Doesn’t it make you wonder how Hermes has been able to maintain such high levels of perfection from skins of exotic and wild animals?? That being said I’m still dreaming for my Crocodile Porosus 40cm HAC :P

Omg
When did this happen??
It's shocking
Let's c how will Hermes react or reply

I don't think there is anything Hermes can or will react or reply. There are (almost permanent) animal rights protesters outside Harrods all the time. But Harrods still sells fur and exotics.

I am probably also a hypocrites in this issue. I do love animals and so does my other half. But I keep telling myself that non-exotic leather is just a by-product of meat industry. And I do eat meat. I am torn! :sad: I sometimes say to myself that I would not buy any exotic skin because the animals are killed purely for their skin. But when I look at that croc Kelly, I find myself forgetting about the ethics and just loving how beautiful it is. God I am terrible.