Again, is this ok?

I was thinking about this all afternoon, and imagined what I would do, if I were to order a Birkin for my Mom. I would certainly take her to the store, and let her pick the colour and leather she wants. That would leave no room for doubts.

I honestly don't think our relatives would be expected to start mutually exclusive H relationships. Although, the SAs would love for everyone to shop at H!!! (the more the merrier)

For regular customers, SAs are more willing to extend their service to help their relatives. But make no mistake about it; they are only willing to help because of YOUR patronage. There is no free lunch, KWIM?

Unethical???? It's just a shop after all and you're being nice to the people you love - what on earth can be wrong with buying them gifts? Honesty is always the best policy.

Not just gifts. The item in question is the Birkin. Unfortunately, supply is low, and hence it's heavily controlled.

The policies in Asia are stricter.

^ I think they're a little stricter (is that even a word?) in SG. By the way, I am SO used to saying SQ for Singapore....too many years in the airline indusrty...LOL!!
You're too cute, GF!

When I first joined this forum, I had a hard time getting used to 'SO' being Special Order. It was SO = Significant Others. ;)

I was thinking about this all afternoon, and imagined what I would do, if I were to order a Birkin for my Mom. I would certainly take her to the store, and let her pick the colour and leather she wants. That would leave no room for doubts.

For regular customers, SAs are more willing to extend their service to help their relatives. But make no mistake about it; they are only willing to help because of YOUR patronage. There is no free lunch, KWIM?
If it's not a surprise gift, then bringing her to the store would work.

I understand totally. :yes:

GF/Wong : hahaaa, i was in the airline industry before too, and i am sooo used to referring to cities and countries by their airline codes ! (as graduate trainees then, we were "forced" to memorize the 3 letter code)
But i keep getting Dubai wrong - DBX - DXB ??
haahaa

anyhows, back to the question at hand - Queenie - i think u sldn't jeopadize your relationship with your SA and be honest with her abt who the bag is for. If i read the SAs correctly, they are generally quite happy to help out for a relative. My mum has been in the (LT) store a few times with me and my SA never fails to ask if she is interested in a bag (or two). However, that said, when i'm in the Taka store with my granny and grant aunt, the SAs never bother asking me what I want :PPP

Well personally I don't think it should be a problem, since firstly it's a very close relationship (Mom-child instead of friend of Mom's friend's grandson's second niece, KWIM?) and if you are the one paying for it (i.e. gift) then essentially I would see it as the bag is going to you.

That said, I agree with the others who also said being honest with your SA is the best! :tup: