AG jeans-what size should I get in the Stilt?

Robyn Loraine

Jan 14, 2010
Well, I searched the forum and didn't find any threads that helped me with my problem, so I thought I'd just start a thread.

Anyway, I want to get some AG jeans in the Stilt cut. I've heard this is their slimmest cut, moreso than the Premier, but that's about it. I have no idea what size to get and the only place near me that sells AG doesn't have the Stilt, just the Premier. :sad:

I'm a 28 in Jbrand, a 27 in Current/Elliott, a 28 in Siwy and Genetic Denim. So anyone have a guess at what size I'd be in AG's Stilts (I'm looking at the -insert number- year washes, if that makes a difference in the fit/stretch of the denim)? TIA!

(I'm also looking at a Theory skirt, if anyone knows how those run as well. I'm normally a size 4.)

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
AG runs true to size. I have several pair. The stilt is just a different style but whatever size your normally wear, get that size. I wear 28 in AG regardless of the style.

natmk28

Jul 13, 2006
I only have the tights- but I stayed in my normal size for them. Which, since a lot of reviews I read seem to say size up for the tights leads me to think that I would size down for their regular jeans.

PurseAddict79

PerpetuallyPenniless
O.G.
Sep 11, 2008
The Mall
The Stilts, IMO, run a bit small.

AG's sizing seems to be all over the board. Some styles I'm a 29, some I'm a 27. Weird.

Chanel522

O.G.
Nov 8, 2009
East Coast
I think AG is pretty TTS, but the Stilt in the aged washes run small. I'm always a 25/26 and I really could've taken my Stilts in the 18 year damaged in a 27. I don't own any jeans in a 27, but these just have little if any stretch to them. I wear them all day and they hold their shape very well. I like the way these fit, but I can't gain a pound!! Lol

L etoile

tPF addict
O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
urban jungle
My AG stilts are the same size as my AG angel and legend jeans, if that helps! I find that I'm always a 26 in their jeans, but can be a 25, 26, or 27 in J Brand. I love that AG styles are consistent because I can just shop online without having to try them on. I actually did try a 25 in the stilt because I was worried that the ankle part was too wide in my size 26 to stuff in tall boots. I ended up buying the size 26 jeans and a pair of stirrupz because the 25 was a bit too small to wear for everyday errands.

missD

O.G.
May 29, 2006
Aged washes usually run small. Others can be either a lil tight or TTS.