After the mega haul, comes the dilemma

juzluvpink

I luv my kiddos!
O.G.
Jun 25, 2008
I've just posted my mega haul in the month of June. While I love the bags I got, it also caused some dilemma to me. Some bags have to go, now it is a matter of what...

My current H collection stands as such:
B35 - Gold Togo GHW
B30s - Black Togo GHW, Blue de Galice Togo PHW & Etain Togo GHW (my first local purchase)
B25 - Rouge Grenat Togo GHW

K32 - Tosca Togo PHW
K28s - Etoupe Togo GHW, Rouge Grenat Evercolor GHW

L30 - Ultraviolet Eclat Clemence PHW
Elyn29 - Blue Saint Cyr Clemence PHW
Bo31 - Black Fjord GHW

My biggest dilemma now is whether to keep both Rouge Grenat

IMG_1498290395.229597.jpg
Here they are, side by side. In my mind, the only color I shd repeat is black. And these 2 bags, albeit different style and leather, are in exactly the same color and hardware.

I struggle to justify keeping the K28.

Will you keep both?

Next dilemma is my range of birkins. My intention is to keep 1 birkin per size in my eventual collection. Between the 3 B30s, I should ideally let go of 2... but which 2?!?

IMG_1498290632.363774.jpg
Etain? This is my first bag from local store.

IMG_1498290676.534992.jpg
Black? This is holy grail combo for many.

I do believe BdG has to go eventually. It is a pity as this is the only PHW Birkin I have.

Etain/Black option also carries an "issue" as it means all my Birkins will be in GHW.

Why? Do you really have to let any of them go - unless it's some arbitrary self imposed rule?
It's collection of styles and muted tones - it lacks greens and 'pop' colours - but every bag is so different.
Only you how the bags fit with your wardrobe and how the tote style Birkins or more formal Kellys fit into your life-style and usage.
When you need rouge grenat - you have the choice as to which style is more appropriate for that occasion.
You are lucky to have the choice and not need to compromise. Keep them all.

It's not money issue. It is space issue. Hahahaha.

I have an army green bag (non-H) which I'm in the process of selling. Hopefully that will give me space to buy a Malachite Halzan. Saw it in store and I was smitten. But as I bought the B25, I will be in deep trouble with my DH if I buy that Malachite too.

In terms of the Lindy, I haven't worn it for months. Every week only has 2 weekends and I would either reach for the Evelyn or the Bolide. Guess I'm more a strap bag person vs a shoulder bag person. It is a pity to let go off the beautiful UV but I do have a non-H purple bag which I still love. So I have that color department covered.

In terms of 2 RG, I do find that a tat extravagant to keep 2 of the exact same red. If they are different red I will likely consider keeping both.

If you want to let go of things, maybe it is the right time to do so. It seems like you have a good visualization of what your closet look like. I def think the black B30 is more distinct than the etain B30 since you have an etoupe Kelly already. Both colors are gorgeous though! If it's black vs etain I would probably let etain go unless you have others/many black bags in your collection.
The double rouge grenat Kelly/Birkin, while beautiful, can feel repetitive. If so letting go of the rouge grenat Kelly is sensible. That way, you open your closet space to many more beautiful pieces in the future. :smile:
Best of luck and let us know how you decide :heart:

Would definitely keep the birkin 25 and kelly 28. But if I had to choose, I'd keep the kelly since I can do top handle or shoulder with it. But the B25 looks so cute. Arrrgghh, sorry, I think this post didn't really help you.

Last edited:
Why? Do you really have to let any of them go - unless it's some arbitrary self imposed rule?
It's collection of styles and muted tones - it lacks greens and 'pop' colours - but every bag is so different.
Only you how the bags fit with your wardrobe and how the tote style Birkins or more formal Kellys fit into your life-style and usage.
When you need rouge grenat - you have the choice as to which style is more appropriate for that occasion.
You are lucky to have the choice and not need to compromise. Keep them all.

+1
Fully agree! Your collection seems appropriate for every lifestyle use. And you have options for hands free and hand carried styles for any occasions that you may need.

The colour selection so far, is also easily coordinated with your wardrobe

It's a pity to let go of any of them.

Reactions: candyapple15